The improvement of this roster is incredible.

Just the body language looks a lot different to me. The offense looks so much more composed and confident when lining up at for the plays. Last year, it seemed like everyone was always awaiting further instructions, then just hoping for the best when the ball was snapped. Allen looks like he knows what he's doing at the line, with intent. Not that his throws look a whole lot better yet...

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...will be some football talent in those final 37 cuts IMO............

Absolutely.  Several Bills cuts are going to end up on other teams.

34 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We looked more organized. Year 3 with this management is showing. We don't get to this point very often.

Continuity has been my mantra for years now.  Of course it starts with getting the right people at the top.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Amazing what desperately signing injured players can do. 

(Yes. Snark)

Again it's preseason but seeing them play yesterday and knowing they are being picked as a Super Bowl contender, I'm asking why?

"Them"?

Come on....Jacoby Brisett was their starter and left after one series.   

1 minute ago, FiftyPercent said:

The Morse /Bodine situation scares me.  Feels like it could plague the team the entire season. An oft-injured high priced starter with a crappy backup.

I'm not sure if you watched the game last night, it would seem you didn't, because Feliciano started at C with the first team.  It would seem he is Morse's backup, plus Long can play C.

Bodine will be playing elsewhere I suspect.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, FiftyPercent said:

The Morse /Bodine situation scares me.  Feels like it could plague the team the entire season. An oft-injured high priced starter with a crappy backup.

Only thing is, I don't expect Bodine to make the final 53. It's clear he's not the coaching staff's preferred option at backup center. The guy who DID start the game in place of Morse last night -- John Feliciano -- acquitted himself reasonably well. Between he and Spencer Long, I'm not as worried about backup center as I once was.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Looking at last year's roster after the cut to 53 is shocking:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/01/buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-tracker-2018-53-man-roster-mccarron-trade/1177060002/

What a terrible roster this was. The Bills seem to have made significant improvements at every position except backup linebacker.

I am not sure I would even knock the backup linebackrs......Thompson and Joseph looked really good last night

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm not sure if you watched the game last night, it would seem you didn't, because Feliciano started at C with the first team.  It would seem he is Morse's backup, plus Long can play C.

Bodine will be playing elsewhere I suspect.

I did see that Feliciano started at C, but thought he was going to be a guard.  I'm a bit confused by the musical o-linemen.  If Ford ends up at RT, is Feliciano back to G?

5 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

QB league,  QB has to be the best player to win big

Good thing we have Josh

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Colts aren't a good team in the trenches but the Bills dominated them without their 2 best players Morse and Hughes. Good to see the depth there.

The colts have a VERY good offensive line....was the strength of their team last year

2 minutes ago, FiftyPercent said:

I did see that Feliciano started at C, but thought he was going to be a guard.  I'm a bit confused by the musical o-linemen.  If Ford ends up at RT, is Feliciano back to G?

It looks like:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Ford - Nsehke

Backup G/C’s - Feliciano - Long

Ford kicks out to RT if either Dawkins or Nsehke go down, and Long or Feliciano replace him at RG. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FiftyPercent said:

My guess is the starting front will look like this:

Dawkins/Spain/Morse or Feliciano/Ford/Nsekhi

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It looks like:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Ford - Nsehke

Backup G/C’s - Feliciano - Long

Ford kicks out to RT if either Dawkins or Nsehke go down, and Long or Feliciano replace him at RG. 

I'll be honest, I'm not so sure they cut Wyatt Teller. He played quite well against the Colts, and he acquitted himself decently last year when starting games that mattered, too. I don't think Beane/McDermott are the types to give up on 5th round picks so soon.

Would they dare keep THREE interior backup players?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I'll be honest, I'm not so sure they cut Wyatt Teller. He played quite well against the Colts, and he acquitted himself decently last year when starting games that mattered, too. I don't think Beane/McDermott are the types to give up on 5th round picks so soon.

Would they dare keep THREE interior backup players?

Given the strategy that we should “plan” to have to play a few games without Morse over the course of the season (hopefully not, but hope is not a strategy), and the ability of Ford to kick out to RT (where they inevitably want him anyway), I don’t think it’s crazy.  

Definitely unorthodox though to have your 3 depth lineman all interior players with your depth T being your starting RG. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Amazing what desperately signing injured players can do. 

(Yes. Snark)

Again it's preseason but seeing them play yesterday and knowing they are being picked as a Super Bowl contender, I'm asking why?

Because they have Andrew Luck, who wasn't playing...they had Phillip Walker playing.

Their QB1 was out, their RB1 was out (RB2 barely played), WR1, WR3 and WR4 didn't play (WR2 barely played), TE1 and TE2 didn't play...see where this is going?

• Like (+1) 1