The improvement of this roster is incredible.

Looking at last year's roster after the cut to 53 is shocking:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/01/buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-tracker-2018-53-man-roster-mccarron-trade/1177060002/

What a terrible roster this was. The Bills seem to have made significant improvements at every position except backup linebacker.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

We shall see, preseason doesn't show you anything sadly as we all know. Preseason is all illusion for now.

preseason is a "no-biggie" for confirmed starters.  But for fringe starters, backups and  players on the bubble, it is pretty big.  Let us applaud their effort to make the 53 man roster.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ganesh said:

preseason is a "no-biggie" for confirmed starters.  But for fringe starters, backups and  players on the bubble, it is pretty big.  Let us applaud their effort to make the 53 man roster.

It really means nothing. 50 of the 53 players are already locked in 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

So let us root for the 20 players who are giving their blood and sweat for the three remaining slots + the practice squad.  It is their livelihood,

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/01/buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-tracker-2018-53-man-roster-mccarron-trade/1177060002/

What a terrible roster this was. The Bills seem to have made significant improvements at every position except backup linebacker.

QB league,  QB has to be the best player to win big

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Amazing what desperately signing injured players can do. 

(Yes. Snark)

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Colts aren't a good team in the trenches but the Bills dominated them without their 2 best players Morse and Hughes. Good to see the depth there.

Again it's preseason but seeing them play yesterday and knowing they are being picked as a Super Bowl contender, I'm asking why?

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Colts aren't a good team in the trenches but the Bills dominated them without their 2 best players Morse and Hughes. Good to see the depth there.

I beg to differ.  They have a very good O line.  They didn't use their starting LT last night, but the Bills D dominated their interior line.

I've always felt the one thing I could take away from watching a preseason game was insight into our depth. It seems to me we have better depth in a number of areas than we've had in any recent years.

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I refuse to look at last years roster

Image result for kramer gif
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

True, even when certain guys (Reilly) shine in preseason it doesn't mean they'll make the 53

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Rex Grossman went to a super bowl, Trent Dilfer won one.  Its rare but D can carry lousy QB's to the big game.

Bortles was carried to the AFC championship

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

We shall see, preseason doesn't show you anything sadly as we all know. Preseason is all illusion for now.

In terms of game planning and schemes I couldn’t agree more; it’s just not revealing at all in that regard. 

But the preseason shows you one thing definitively:  who is beating the man lined up across from him. And there is value in that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1