[Name Only Title] Foster

50 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

With a 2nd year player it is still about potential and he has shown he can hit that potential.  We have no other WR with a ceiling as high as his.

Yes we will trade everyone, so that when we have injuries we will not have anyone to throw to.

Its game one of the preseason.  Dont get too high or low on anything or anyone.  Peterman was our Preseason MVP last season.

Good God, thank you.  I'm so glad that OBD doesn't take into account the hysterical over reaction of the posters here

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Keep Foster, trade Zay if your guna trade any WR.

I'd be OK with that too, give him these next two games to dazzle, if not then yeah trade him. Probably Zay has more trade value too.

Seems like the Bills have 3 to 4 WR all about the same abilities of eachother, none probably have quite the potential of Zay, but so far far he hasn't quite been able to fulfill it.  So if Zay were gone, would allow 2 of these others to make roster.  Likely be some drop off in talent overall, but not huge.

IMO there's maybe 4 players on the Bills roster that you could trade who have some value, but at the same time, enough other quality depth that wouldn't see much drop off to Buffalo.  They are Zay, Lawson, Shady, Croom, and maybe one of these O-lineman we signed this off season who's not going to make the roster this year due to more overall talent.  I doubt losing any of these guys would be much of a negative impact to the Bills this coming season.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

If Zay continues to drop passes Foster could be moving up the depth chart ! Jones may be a decent WR but there has been something (and i can't put my finger on it) that i haven't liked about him ?.

There are others that i think could be a better fit for the Bills Stills, Foster, & Cam may be a better fit ...

On 8/9/2019 at 9:38 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We have a QB that loves the deep ball and the only two receivers on our roster that are consistently capable of running those routes are Brown and Foster. If anything, Beasely, McCloud and Mekenzie are redundant. Not sure we have room for three receivers that bring the same thing to the table.

They may need that depth, I think Allen will be forcing the checkdowns this year, better have a stable of slot receivers.

Zay dropped 1 ball in the game Thursday. 

If he dropped all 5 then I can see the cut him angle.  

Between the 2 Foster is the odd man out IMO. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

If Zay continues to drop passes Foster could be moving up the depth chart ! Jones may be a decent WR but there has been something (and i can't put my finger on it) that i haven't liked about him ?.

There are others that i think could be a better fit for the Bills Stills, Foster, & Cam may be a better fit ...

I don’t personally get the hype. Foster has some big plays last season, but it felt more like it was more about joshes big arm and Foster  just happening to run fast, then him bring a good polished WR. 

anyhow, McDermott hinted in a press conference he saw Foster going through a struggle some ‘young players’ have after having SOME success in their rookie campaign. It sounded like coach speak for he’s not putting in the classroom work. Might explain the mistakes 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:25 PM, JoPar_v2 said:

So only past performance matters. got it. How is it "nonsense" to (correctly) point out that he is struggling again, and in the face of the new signings of Brown and Beasley and with RayRay and McKenzie obviously playing at a higher level than last year, if you believe the reports from camp, how can you dismiss people questioning his future? Sorry but it sounds like you're reading some reality and you don't like it so you're just dismissing it.

It's not impossible he gets cut, just improbable. It's also questionable to place any real emphasis on a pre-season depth chart, and TC performance. Previous in-season game-time performance very much carries weight in the discussion. Not to mention you have to look at the WR roles more than you do a standard depth chart that doesn't reflect the roles employed by the offensive system. Ray Ray and McKenzie might be having a better camp than Foster, but Foster isn't a slot WR. Nor are Ray Ray and McKenzie a WR2 in this offense. Right now Foster's biggest "competition" is with Zay and Brown, less so of the latter.

With the slot role just about on lock with Beasley on the roster, I'd say it's either Ray Ray or McKenzie playing for that 6th spot (if we even keep 6). Daboll has shown thus far he's really only needed one utility guy. And based on last season, McKenzie was used much more in this capacity, and to greater effect than Ray Ray. Given that gametime evidence, Ray Ray is the one that has more to prove to take over that role that McKenzie already won at the end of last season. Especially considering Ray Ray was with them all the way through camp last year, too, and McKenzie was added mid-season. That said, coaches may meet and say they value the utility role that opens up the sweep packages and motion plays versus a "redundant" WR2, in which case you'd likely see either Zay or Foster leave. But that's not something the depth chart, or our armchair analysis of TC will provide.

Again it's not impossible that he ends up a cut, but it is fairly nonsensical to provide that judgment based solely on this year's TC and preseason so far, and not take into account the myriad other variables that actually play a part of the ultimate roster decision.

Edited by ctk232