[Name Only Title] Foster

32 minutes ago, mrags said:

He ran a wrong route and a few misses tonight. He’s got to get into a groove. 

This ^

Not sure if he ran a wrong route or if MB made the mistake and thought he was running a different one.  

But overall I think it’s just about tightening up his game and the little things more than anything based on what coaches have said.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, tbonehawaii said:

I wonder why he has slipped down the depth chart? 

Not a criticism, just a tip - make your title more descriptive, not just the guy's name. 

He's slipped down because he's sucked this year.

Perhaps he has to play so bad he get's cut, then gets motivated and resigned and tears it up? Worked for him in the past.

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 2

Didn't he deal with similar issues last year? Sloppy play, bad routes, etc. I vaguely remember him kind of falling out of favor at one point pretty early last season.

Loved him late last season but man, wide receiver is getting interesting. McKenzie has only made plays since he got here and I think he's going to dark horse his way on to the roster. I didn't think that months ago so am really interested to see how this all shakes out. 

23 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Didn't he deal with similar issues last year? Sloppy play, bad routes, etc. I vaguely remember him kind of falling out of favor at one point pretty early last season.

Loved him late last season but man, wide receiver is getting interesting. McKenzie has only made plays since he got here and I think he's going to dark horse his way on to the roster. I didn't think that months ago so am really interested to see how this all shakes out. 

Foster had a very rough preseason last year.

I don't think he is in danger of being cut, but tonight's performance did not help him.

I agree that it looks like he just needs to tighten his game better.

You do not cut a second year receiver that had a rookie season like Robert Foster.  It would be almost without precedent.  The fact that he was a UDFA is irrelevant at this point.  If he was drafted in the third round last year, you’d be like, wow that dude had a great rookie season for a third rounder.  Now imagine cutting that player after one season.  He would be scooped up and on another team’s active roster within a matter of minutes.  Stop with this nonsense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You do not cut a second year receiver that had a rookie season like Robert Foster.  It would be almost without precedent.  The fact that he was a UDFA is irrelevant at this point.  If he was drafted in the third round last year, you’d be like, wow that dude had a great rookie season for a third rounder.  Now imagine cutting that player after one season.  He would be scooped up and on another team’s active roster within a matter of minutes.  Stop with this nonsense.

So only past performance matters. got it. How is it "nonsense" to (correctly) point out that he is struggling again, and in the face of the new signings of Brown and Beasley and with RayRay and McKenzie obviously playing at a higher level than last year, if you believe the reports from camp, how can you dismiss people questioning his future? Sorry but it sounds like you're reading some reality and you don't like it so you're just dismissing it.

I don't think it's nonsense. I'm a huge Robert Foster fan and hope he goes on to magically be the #1 that every fanbase has always dreamed about, I'm just sensing a logjam and wonder if he could end up being the odd man out if he doesn't show the ***** up this preseason. He's happened to just drift down the depth chart during the preseason two years in a row now. I don't think it's crazy to question with the current WR depth if he could be the odd man out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He has shown he can make plays, problem now is there’s a lot more talent around him so his mistakes shine a little brighter than last years. I don’t think he’s a cut candidate at all but I think he’s going to have to earn every snap he sees come week 1 and on. 

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He has shown he can make plays, problem now is there’s a lot more talent around him so his mistakes shine a little brighter than last years. I don’t think he’s a cut candidate at all but I think he’s going to have to earn every snap he sees come week 1 and on. 

I think he's very much a cut candidate, all depends on how many WR they decide to keep. Biggest problem for Foster, in addition to his piss poor camp, is Brown is here now and he does what Foster does, but better.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I think he's very much a cut candidate, all depends on how many WR they decide to keep. Biggest problem for Foster, despite his piss poor camp, is Brown is here now and he does what Foster does, but better.

If we’re talking 

brown 

Beasley 

zay?

roberts 

i just cant see foster being cut over the remaining guys. He’s cheap and flashed big time playmaking that few receivers can do last year. Of course I don’t see what the coaches see. And only god knows what Beane might do. Could see foster or zay shipped off for a mid to late round pick or something crazy 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

If we’re talking 

brown 

Beasley 

zay?

roberts 

i just cant see foster being cut over the remaining guys. He’s cheap and flashed big time playmaking that few receivers can do last year. Of course I don’t see what the coaches see. And only god knows what Beane might do. Could see foster or zay shipped off for a mid to late round pick or something crazy 

Yeah I got you. Like I said I think it depends on how many they decide to keep. 7? Foster's safe. But I think Daboll likes guys like RayRay and McKenzie. Sills is probably dust and Duke is long gone, probably sooner rather than later. 

Even if they do keep him, how many meaningful snaps is he getting? Best thing Foster's got going for him is the rapport he developed with Allen after he came back from injury. Looked Great! But McDermott doesn't seem like the coach to give a guy a roster spot based on past performance alone. Foster was playing with the threes last night, after all.

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yeah I got you. Like I said I think it depends on how many they decide to keep. 7? Foster's safe. But I think Daboll likes guys like RayRay and McKenzie. Sills is probably dust and Duke is long gone, probably sooner rather than later. 

Even if they do keep him, how many meaningful snaps is he getting? Best thing Foster's got going for him is the rapport he developed with Allen after he came back from injury. Looked Great! But McDermott doesn't seem like the coach to give a guy a roster spot based on past performance alone. Foster was playing with the threes last night, after all.

Yeah he does seem to be in the dog house right now. But still a lot of practices and preseason snaps to go. And injuries happen. Might be some of these guys best shot at making the team. 

6 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

If we’re talking 

brown 

Beasley 

zay?

roberts 

Anybody else see Zay getting traded? He had a couple drops and Cam Phillips has looked good in camp and last night.

6 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Not true. The same happened to Karlos Williams, although for different reasons.

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I think he's very much a cut candidate, all depends on how many WR they decide to keep. Biggest problem for Foster, in addition to his piss poor camp, is Brown is here now and he does what Foster does, but better.

With a 2nd year player it is still about potential and he has shown he can hit that potential.  We have no other WR with a ceiling as high as his.

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Anybody else see Zay getting traded? He had a couple drops and Cam Phillips has looked good in camp and last night.

Yes we will trade everyone, so that when we have injuries we will not have anyone to throw to.

Its game one of the preseason.  Dont get too high or low on anything or anyone.  Peterman was our Preseason MVP last season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Foster had a very rough preseason last year.

I don't think he is in danger of being cut, but tonight's performance did not help him.

I agree that it looks like he just needs to tighten his game better.

Could see him being trade bait.  

Seems like his issue is motivation, likely getting traded would again shake him up and he'd have a great year.

Maybe team needs to leak to press he's in danger of being cut, then see how he reacts next two weeks.