2nd Team O-Line better than last year's 1st Team

13 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

The best thing that can be said about Russel Bodine is that he knows how to snap the ball to the quarterback, more or less (‘cept for that time he sailed it over Barkley’s head). Beyond that, he is a bystander on the field.

Best seat in the house! He paid $250 to be there!   ?

Due to the DTV TV fiasco, I have yet to see the game, but this is SO encouraging to hear that the retooling of the OLine seems to be working! 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is also important to note that with so many new pieces...they are not even as good as they will be by say...mid season.

takes time to gel

Absolutely! Still missing the prized acquisition (fingers crossed!), plus game one and mixing and matching. This was a apparently a big improvement, and this is just the baseline. It should only get better from here, though the challenges down the road may also be greater. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does Teller has one year eligibility left for PS?  

Not even close.  Then why is the guy our 3rd string center?  Why is Feliciano, a guard, taking 1st team reps at center with Morse out?

Its because Bodine is terrible.

Teller wouldnt make it to the PS.

This is not baseball where players have options.  In order to sign a player from the roster to the PS you must release them.  At that point any team can pick them up on waivers.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Teller wouldnt make it to the PS.

This is not baseball where players have options.  In order to sign a player from the roster to the PS you must release them.  At that point any team can pick them up on waivers.

I dont think there is a chance in hell that he makes it to the PS....would be shocked...if we cut him...I think we lose him.  Good OL just too hard to find.  So the question becomes who do we keep......does the fact that Ford being able to play OG and OT allow us to keep one extra?  Does a guy like Spencer Long go?

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does Teller has one year eligibility left for PS?  

Not even close.  Then why is the guy our 3rd string center?  Why is Feliciano, a guard, taking 1st team reps at center with Morse out?

Its because Bodine is terrible.

I think he does, but I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t picked up by another team. One disadvantage of improving is other teams may want your marginal guys. I think I’m higher on Teller than most. I liked his feisty play! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont think there is a chance in hell that he makes it to the PS....would be shocked...if we cut him...I think we lose him.  Good OL just too hard to find.  So the question becomes who do we keep......does the fact that Ford being able to play OG and OT allow us to keep one extra?  Does a guy like Spencer Long go?

We Traded Andrew Whitworth during last years preseason.  Probably shoulda kept him though.

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

The interior of the second team OL looks to be Long and Teller (if he makes the 53), along with Feliciano at C. 

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry about how much better Long-Feliciano-Teller is over the starting interior we had last year.  

The only constant is Teller and he’s now in his 2nd year and may, or may not, make the 53 man roster. 

Last years group was embarrassing and there is not doubt our second team line this year is better than our first team line last year. 

17 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Don't see Teller making the roster.

We'll keep the starting 5 -

Dawkins

Spain

Morse

Ford

Nsekhe

And then Long and Feliciano can play all 3 positions on the IL.  They'll be our 2 IL backups for depth.  That likely leaves 1 or MAYBE 2 spots for swing tackles.  I don't see the reason why we'd keep an additional OG.  Most teams keep 8 OL on a roster and I see us doing just that.  Especially cause we could kick Ford back out to RT if Nsekhe gets banged up and throw Long or Felciano in at RG to fill in for Ford vacating it

Depends on how much they like Teller long term.  He does have some nice traits.  Also, the Bills may still have long term intentions of moving Ford to tackle permanently.  Nsekhe is 33 and on a 2 year contract.  The fact that Ford can play tackle makes carrying the extra guard less impractical than if Ford were strictly a guard.  8 is a standard complement of offensive linemen, as you say, but 9 is not unheard of.  I think Buffalo had 11 at one point last season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:26 AM, Laughing Coffin said:

Don't see Teller making the roster.

We'll keep the starting 5 -

Dawkins

Spain

Morse

Ford

Nsekhe

And then Long and Feliciano can play all 3 positions on the IL.  They'll be our 2 IL backups for depth.  That likely leaves 1 or MAYBE 2 spots for swing tackles.  I don't see the reason why we'd keep an additional OG.  Most teams keep 8 OL on a roster and I see us doing just that.  Especially cause we could kick Ford back out to RT if Nsekhe gets banged up and throw Long or Felciano in at RG to fill in for Ford vacating it

If that is your starting 5,who is the backup tackle? Ford can move to RT and Nsekhe can flip to LT? So,based on what we have seen,Teller,Long and Feliciano are interior backups? Feliciano & Long compete at RG,Ford at RT and Nsekhe as back up?Maybe McDermott or one of the new guys also stays. With Morse's  injury history Bills have to be prepared so keeping 9 is possible

14 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Spencer Long had some decent run blocking with the twos. 

Feliciano seemed a competent center. I suspect that being bracketed by Spain, and Ford helped in that regard. I was surprised they had Feliciano in there, and not Long, who was listed as second center, after Morse, on their unofficial depth chart. I assumed his hamstring was still an issue, but then he was playing guard and blocking downfield on run plays. 

Thought the same way too but also realized Long had no reps at C.  With Bodine hurt now expect Long, Feliciano and Boettger to split reps next FRI.  Assumes Morse is out for another game at least.