Chris Wade - muffs the handoff, but my God, what explosiveness

20 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

I'm just wondering what McDermott is building vs. other coaches/teams based on this celebration.

no, what your doing is trolling the board with ignorant posts. something you have done in your very short tenure here. of course this last one really takes cake but I'm sure you'll top that eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

He came here thinking he'd get an opportunity with 2 old ass running backs on roster. Looking back, prob thinks he should have signed somewhere else. No chance to beat out Singletary, and McCoy and Gore are going to get a bunch of carries too. Hes looking like the odd man out. Sidenote: his body language on that fumble was terrible. I know its only preseason, but look a little mad that you just cost your team a score...

I'm not sure that's fair he did seem to be trying hard for the few carries he was getting and I'm pretty sure he snagged the ankle of the guy that recovered the ball.

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wade seems like the perfect practice squad player who can spend a year learning how to play the position while Gore and Shady do their farewell tour.

was just thinking this myself...next year go into camp with Singletary and Wade and maybe draft a bigger back for pounding the ball...of course this is if they actually play good the rest of PS and reg season for Singletary

7 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

If he keeps this up over the next few weeks, we may not be able to store him safely on the practice squad.

from what I'm reading, once Wade goes on PS he can not be called up to play at all for the whole season...still trying to find out if that means for any team or just Bills...if it's any team then no one will grab him off PS if they can't play him and you can only grab from someones PS if you put him on 53

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

was just thinking this myself...next year go into camp with Singletary and Wade and maybe draft a bigger back for pounding the ball...of course this is if they actually play good the rest of PS and reg season for Singletary

from what I'm reading, once Wade goes on PS he can not be called up to play at all for the whole season...still trying to find out if that means for any team or just Bills...if it's any team then no one will grab him off PS if they can't play him and you can only grab from someones PS if you put him on 53

I wouldn't want to make these choices...kind of stuff that keeps coaches awake at night!

Edited by Rocket94

3 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

I just watched the replay close up a few times, I am not sure that I would call that a muff.  (skip to around :40 seconds for the replay) There was no juggling or bobbling, he just positioned the ball and off to the races.  

I saw no muff either. he got it like a rugby ball and put it away high and tight like Tiki used to.

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Since he came from the NFL international Pathway program he gets a free slot on the practice squad all season

Maybe next year we have a fast , hard running back for 3-4 years

I think this makes the most sense. The explosiveness is undeniable but we should give him the year to learn football.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This guy has to be a PS guy at least right?

Edit....just saw we get to keep him for free on the PS

Maybe that is the plan?  Pairing him up with Singletary?

I wonder if he would want to delay his dream another year. Would he just go back and play rugby 

7 hours ago, Gus said:

Hi, UK NFL fan over here, just dropped by this forum to see the reaction to Wade's try, oops sorry - touchdown! lol. I've been watching Wade score tries for fun for the past 10 years. He never quite made it as a regular international player over here (the elite band) due to his height, which is a weakness at his position of wing in rugby (he's bad at contesting high kicked balls, which is part of playing defence on the wing, so oppositions would just relentlessly target him with high balls at the elite level). This is part of the reason why he left to play NFL. Anyways, point is, as a RB or returner, he doesn't have to do any of that, and this guy carries oval balls like the Queen carries grace - he's for real, trust me. The guy is going to make tacklers look stupid, and a whole bunch of us over here are going to be rooting for this bloke, and the Bills! yes yes Christian Mate lets do this go Bills!

I was listening to some XM channel, the NFL worked out some special status for these Rugby players, every team in the NFL has one player that can stick on the practice squad. Special exemption status. So Wade I'm sure will stick around in some way. Probably practice squad.

5 hours ago, AllenLongBall said:

I'm just wondering what McDermott is building vs. other coaches/teams based on this celebration.

what I meant was the family atmosphere he is building where guys seem to genuinely care about each other on a human level. 

It’s not just based on this celebration alone. It’s everything going on around the team. This was just one more (small) example.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

He's a good PS prospect.  He'd be a perfect PS prospect if he was 23 years old.

Very true.  You can get a few good years out of him though considering he doesn't have the wear and tear that most RB's approaching their 30's have.  Fred Jackson's play really didn't drop off until he was 33.