Chris Wade - muffs the handoff, but my God, what explosiveness

6 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not sure one run against the grocery baggers on the colts puts him in rotation in the regular season. It was a great run and an even better story for the NFL and the international program they’re trying to work. I’m rooting for the guy but as stated above he’s perfect to chill on the practice squad for a year and really learn this game 

Technically you are correct.  However, from a pure “fun of the game” perspective the situation was a made for highlight film moment.  It’s also a team builder, look at how excited his teammates were.  You can’t make that up.

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Did he muff it or did he take it like a Rugby handoff?

Just like in the NFL, handling mistakes are costly in rugby. You need to secure the ball when you receive it. Spilling it for a knock-on results in a scrum awarded to the opposition.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BrummieWasp said:

Just like in the NFL, handling mistakes are costly in rugby. You need to secure the ball when you receive it. Spilling it for a knock-on results in a scrum awarded to the opposition.  

Welcome, Brummie ... I spent plenty of time in the Midlands back in the day (ex-wife; nuff said) ... some good insights that I missed about Wade.  We are talking about him as a threat to our running backs, but the real threat may be to new kick/punt return man Andre Roberts. At any rate, if he keeps it up he'll get his shot since not everyone in front of him will avoid injury.  Let's make the Midlands Bills territory!  If Birmingham is Detroit, think of Buffalo as Coventry. Or something like that but a lot farther away ...

• Like (+1) 1

If he can continue to shine do not be surprised that this kid sticks and Yeldon is shown the door. Disclaimer- I have been an advocate for Yeldon but what I saw last night out of him was less than stellar- that said there is 3 more pre season games left and Wade did his damage against the 3’s.

Definitely need to get him more playing time

Gonna be a real interesting decision on the bills hands if he keeps his play up.

He might make the team but if not the bills could put him on the practice squad or use the roster exemption. If they use the exemption they cannot promote wade to the roster all season. If they put him on the normal practice squad another team could poach him

I don't think there is any way he sticks on the 53 right now unless he can start playing special teams at a high level immediately.

There are so many small things you need to do well as a rb that don't involve running with the ball, pass blocking being 1st. If he's going to be on the 53 right now you need to find ways to get him on the field to do stuff with as little nuance as possible. Gunner on ST, kick returner, etc. Punt returner is a fun idea but catching punts on a windy day isn't easy if you've never done it particularly with 11 men running at you trying to murder you. Kick returns are a little easier in that you have a little space to get started most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wade seems like the perfect practice squad player who can spend a year learning how to play the position while Gore and Shady do their farewell tour.

He's a good PS prospect.  He'd be a perfect PS prospect if he was 23 years old.

9 minutes ago, muppy said:

the TV announcers keptmentioning "look at the Bills sidelines, they're mobbing Christian Wade" I saw this picture and it captures it ?

EBfpLvFW4AAdBa5?format=jpg&name=small

RUDY!  RUDY! RUDY!

This is awesome.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

the TV announcers keptmentioning "look at the Bills sidelines, they're mobbing Christian Wade" I saw this picture and it captures it ?

EBfpLvFW4AAdBa5?format=jpg&name=small

This was my favorite part of Wade’s TD run. 

I love seeing all his teammates so genuinely happy for him. 

And I love what McDermott is building here. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

This was my favorite part of Wade’s TD run. 

I love seeing all his teammates so genuinely happy for him. 

And I love what McDermott is building here. 

If he was on another team, would his teammates not celebrate with him?

• Sad 1