Chris Wade - muffs the handoff, but my God, what explosiveness

Hi, UK NFL fan over here, just dropped by this forum to see the reaction to Wade's try, oops sorry - touchdown! lol. I've been watching Wade score tries for fun for the past 10 years. He never quite made it as a regular international player over here (the elite band) due to his height, which is a weakness at his position of wing in rugby (he's bad at contesting high kicked balls, which is part of playing defence on the wing, so oppositions would just relentlessly target him with high balls at the elite level). This is part of the reason why he left to play NFL. Anyways, point is, as a RB or returner, he doesn't have to do any of that, and this guy carries oval balls like the Queen carries grace - he's for real, trust me. The guy is going to make tacklers look stupid, and a whole bunch of us over here are going to be rooting for this bloke, and the Bills! yes yes Christian Mate lets do this go Bills!

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 14

1 hour ago, Seoulful Soul said:

I'm not knocking him.  Good rugby instincts not to lose the ball.  He took the handoff like he was playing on the pitch and ran with it like he was on the pitch and clear.

Dude did great and I was impressed with his raw skill and talent for a different sport.  I want this guy to be successful.  I am solidly a fan of Wade and want him on the team.

I noticed that as well. Very upright runner with the ball on his right pec and right hand firmly over it. No movement at all!  No ball shift, no elbow swing, NOTHING! Just clamp it and go!

• Like (+1) 1

If he goes on the practice squad he can’t come off it. This gives the Bills an entire year to refine his abilities and truly learn the game. I’d definitely store him for the year. 

Edited by KRT88

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not sure one run against the grocery baggers on the colts puts him in rotation in the regular season. It was a great run and an even better story for the NFL and the international program they’re trying to work. I’m rooting for the guy but as stated above he’s perfect to chill on the practice squad for a year and really learn this game 

Agree. It was a great way to start but maintain perspective. If I understand his deal the Bills have him locked up for a year. No other team can claim him. So stash him and let him get acclimated to the NFL game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blokestradamus said:

You're welcome, America.

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Hi, UK NFL fan over here, just dropped by this forum to see the reaction to Wade's try, oops sorry - touchdown! lol. I've been watching Wade score tries for fun for the past 10 years. He never quite made it as a regular international player over here (the elite band) due to his height, which is a weakness at his position of wing in rugby (he's bad at contesting high kicked balls, which is part of playing defence on the wing, so oppositions would just relentlessly target him with high balls at the elite level). This is part of the reason why he left to play NFL. Anyways, point is, as a RB or returner, he doesn't have to do any of that, and this guy carries oval balls like the Queen carries grace - he's for real, trust me. The guy is going to make tacklers look stupid, and a whole bunch of us over here are going to be rooting for this bloke, and the Bills! yes yes Christian Mate lets do this go Bills!

So nice of you to drop by Gus. We so infrequently get any signs of class from our UK visitors.?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

That 65 TD run was an absolute thing of beauty.  Textbook counter, hit the hole, through the seam, and untouched for 65 years.

If he can do that on kickoffs and punts. . .damn, what a possibility for a returner!

He must be real fast if he isn't gonna be touched for 65 years

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Dude is 28 years old. He was exciting on that run and is a great athlete, but Father Time is not on his side 

Which is why “stashing him on the practice squad” might not be such a great idea.  

Good to see CW score his first TD; though not a competitive game.

We seriously missed him at Wasps through the second half of last season.

Our loss is Bills' gain. 

Wish him all the best in pursuing his dream.

I'll follow Buffalo's progress this season - even if CW doesn't get a spot on the roster.

Edited by BrummieWasp
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Perry or Murphy may do that. Yeldon looked disinterested 

He came here thinking he'd get an opportunity with 2 old ass running backs on roster. Looking back, prob thinks he should have signed somewhere else. No chance to beat out Singletary, and McCoy and Gore are going to get a bunch of carries too. Hes looking like the odd man out. Sidenote: his body language on that fumble was terrible. I know its only preseason, but look a little mad that you just cost your team a score...