[Name Only Title] Feliciano and Ford

wppete

5 hours ago, wppete said:

We have to get Feliciano in the starting lineup. I like:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Feliciano - Ford

At this stage, Nsheke is the better tackle.

Edited by Magox

You folks don't seem to be realizing that there are typically four tackles on a roster, meaning some guy of significance is likely losing a spot to McDermott, Wesley, or someone who's not even on the team yet. You can't roll with only three tackles, especially if you're talking about starting all three of them!

Edited by The Bills Blog

6 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I love McDermott overall but he seems to have hard-to-understand fascinations with certian guys, Vlad being exhibit A. He sucks. Penalties, slow AF, I don't know man.

Hard to understand is the point. McD sees and knows things we don't.

Think about this and try not to shutter: Ducasse, Miller, Mills, Teller, and Bodine were all regular starters on our o-line last year ? ..... All five are in danger of not having a NFL job in a few weeks.

The improvement in o-line personnel alone with make Allen, the WRs, and the running backs so much better this year. Even mediocre results from them will be huge improvement.

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You can tell when a team is getting better when you cut guys that wind up going to other teams and starting.  I suspect that happens with a couple of the O line guys this year.

I pity the team that starts Bodine or Vlad.

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

You folks don't seem to be realizing that there are typically four tackles on a roster, meaning some guy of significance is likely losing a spot to McDermott, Wesley, or someone who's not even on the team yet. You can't roll with only three tackles, especially if you're talking about starting all three of them!

Tackles: Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, McDermott/Wesley

Guards: Spain, Long, Feliciano, Teller

Center: Morse

Seems pretty straight forward at this point barring injury.

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

With Fords ability to move.  I could see see them keep 3.  You always move Ford to RT if Nyske goes down and have Feliciano or Long play guard.  I think they keep 8 to 9 lineman.  Tellar would be the 9th.  

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Hard to understand is the point. McD sees and knows things we don't.

I'm not a Ducasse fan at all, but objectively I'll say Joe B. did a deeper dive into Ducasse's play last year and found him to be one of the better points on the line. Actually, the last two years which I think has more to do with assignments than anything else. That said, it's wonderful to see that last year's starting G / C can't hold the jock of the guys projected to start this year. Talent upgrade and superior production is believed to be on the horizon. Last night's glimpse was encouraging, but we do need to see consistency and get Morse out there to build the chemistry before we start comparing them to Dallas and Indy as terrific O-line units. 

8 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I love McDermott overall but he seems to have hard-to-understand fascinations with certian guys, Vlad being exhibit A. He sucks. Penalties, slow AF, I don't know man.

I think that Ducasse came along with the former O-Line Coach, Castillo.    Vlad was Castillo's guy and Vlad won't be around.   

It seems, and I could be wrong, that they would rather have Ford at Guard at this point.  The Washington guy played well last night, but I did see Ford whiff on a block early in the game and Sweeney must have missed a chip block on the sack of Allen.   

We need Mitch Morse for the entire season.

He’s the key to our offensive line.

IF our offensive line stays healthy and keeps Josh upright, we might surprise a whole lot of people this season.

Big if though.

8 hours ago, wppete said:

We have to get Feliciano in the starting lineup. I like:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Feliciano - Ford

I don't think Ford is near ready to handle the Kahlil Mack / Von Millers of the world who routinely line up across from the RT

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Bodine is gone

Mitch will be back....and we have 2 other OL that should make the team that can both play center and guard in Feliciano and Long

I think so too.  After Morse, there are a few players who can play center in a pinch, and not look terrible.  Bodine really is a center only and does look terrible at times.  Feliciano, Long, and even Boettger can all snap the ball, and offer you something at guard as well.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Played better than you'd expect. Bodine OTOH, is a disaster. Boggles the mind how he started all those games in Cincy when they were making the playoffs every year.

That was my thought, too. I was like, "How the heck did this dude start for four straight years in Cincy?" I assume they had somewhat of a different blocking scheme or perhaps the guards on either side of him made him look alright.