[Name Only Title] Feliciano and Ford

wppete

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

We have to get Feliciano in the starting lineup. I like:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Feliciano - Ford

That sounds great to me...but obviously I am getting worried about Morse's long-term health. 

20 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Conversely, Bodine demonstrated why the Bills went out and made Mitch Morse the richest center in the NFL.  Please get better, Mitch.  The Bills need to be able to cut Bodine's behind.  The same goes fro Vlad Ducasse.  I'll give Spain a mulligan on his holding penalty this time, but I don't want to see him make a habit of it.   

I think Bodine is gone

Mitch will be back....and we have 2 other OL that should make the team that can both play center and guard in Felliciano and Long

• Like (+1) 5

51 minutes ago, wppete said:

John Feliciano and Cody Ford were very impressive today. These two in the middle were knocking people all over the place. Feliciano was tossing people to the ground on the majority of the plays. Two huge mean, aggressive dudes that can move. Excited to what they can do this year especially against the run. 

I am glad to hear good news about Ford. Feliciano too!

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I love McDermott overall but he seems to have hard-to-understand fascinations with certian guys, Vlad being exhibit A. He sucks. Penalties, slow AF, I don't know man.

Completely agree, I don't get it either. Feels like Vlad has been a completely lost turnstyle for years now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Feliciano has a mean streak for sure. As long as Bodine and Ducasse never play for the Bills ever again, I think we'll be fine.

You notice that Allen had time to throw. Barkley had to scramble out of the pocket to make throws.

• Like (+1) 4

Watching the highlights and reading the reviews definitely has me feeling better about C depth behind Morse with Feliciano in the fold.  

We seem to have 7 OL that are all capable of consistently average/above average play.  Lots to be excited for.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

John Feliciano and Cody Ford were very impressive today. These two in the middle were knocking people all over the place. Feliciano was tossing people to the ground on the majority of the plays. Two huge mean, aggressive dudes that can move. Excited to what they can do this year especially against the run. 

Peterman looked good last pre season...

I will never read anything into a pre season game again..

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The starting line up that I listed has been consistent in the last week of camp.

Ford was supposedly struggling in camp at RT.

I think if they wanted Feliciano to start at RG, he would have tonight.

I thought that at first but then took a step back from it. With Morse out, they might have wanted to go with Bodine a Time C. Or just that someone else would have been moved around some and they didn’t want to mess with the lines that much. Who knows. We’ll find out more next game and hopefully Morse will be back soon. 

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Peterman looked good last pre season...

I will never read anything into a pre season game again..

I think QB is one of the easier positions to “trick” people in the preseason with.  

Peterman is a guy who will look good against vanilla schemes and soft coverage.  He’s smart and extremely accurate.  

Unfortunately for QBs like him, when the real bullets fly, you speed up and need to rely on talent as well.  His arm strength was always his undoing. It doesn’t show until he’s forced to use it.  

Guys like Oliver are easier to dissect.  Engage lineman...beat lineman.  Engage double team.  Beat double team.   He seems to have been doing that for most of his snaps, and against Nelson of all people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

The depth we have on the OL is great to see.  I think the competition has done wonders for Dawkins' mindset. He was way too comfy last season just having the LT position just handed to him. Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Long - Ford - Nsekhe - Feliciano and Long is a pretty solid and versatile line up. Ducasse and Bodine don't seem to bring anything but stench to the table. Though Bodine at times was serviceable last season he is clearly on the outside looking in this year.

The top 8 look really good.

Interior seems set but they probably need another tackle now that Waddle is done.

Conor McDermott was burned a couple of times but I didn't really watch how his entire play was.

Who right now is the #4 OT?

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

Feliciano has a mean streak for sure. As long as Bodine and Ducasse never play for the Bills ever again, I think we'll be fine.

You notice that Allen had time to throw. Barkley had to scramble out of the pocket to make throws.

Those two should be cut tomorrow, if not sooner.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The top 8 look really good.

Interior seems set but they probably need another tackle now that Waddle is done.

Conor McDermott was burned a couple of times but I didn't really watch how his entire play was.

Who right now is the #4 OT?

DeOndre Wesley maybe? Best guess after the Waddle injury. Unless he's already been cut in the last 3 days. Just checking the depth chart.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Conversely, Bodine demonstrated why the Bills went out and made Mitch Morse the richest center in the NFL.  Please get better, Mitch.  The Bills need to be able to cut Bodine's behind.  The same goes fro Vlad Ducasse.  I'll give Spain a mulligan on his holding penalty this time, but I don't want to see him make a habit of it.   

Bodine and Ducasse have to be cut. We gotta draft a quality C next year.

10 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Those two should be cut tomorrow, if not sooner.

DeOndre Wesley maybe? Best guess after the Waddle injury. Unless he's already been cut in the last 3 days. Just checking the depth chart.

Just those 2 and McGhin right now I think.  Open competition for that last roster spot.

• Like (+1) 1

I went to game, isolated on Ford and Nsheke the entire time they were in game.

Nsheke  is a stud...outstanding.

Ford has a long way to go....i'm sure this won't be popular...but I highly doubt he starts.  played mostly RG, then a little RT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Ford has a long way to go....i'm sure this won't be popular...but I highly doubt he starts.  played mostly RG, then a little RT.

Nsekhe is the most underrated signing this year. Morse is great, but this guy stepped in for Trent Williams and from what I've read they didn't lose a step.

27 minutes ago, papazoid said:

If Ford needs more time to learn, fine. Let him watch from the sidelines for awhile.

Nothing wrong with letting rookies grow and learn.

I was very impressed with out starters tonight. Allen had time to throw, and that was great to see.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right on. I really liked what I saw tonight out of the starting OL. And that was with Morse out!

I'm expecting Feliciano and Ford to slide one step to the right when Morse comes back.

Hoping they continue to gel!

In Square Dancing it’s called sashay right. But we already know these dudes love to do the Slide.

• Like (+1) 1