can someone do a game summary in one paragraph please

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Oops, I guess I just thought that part was a given ;)

Hope Shaq keeps it up!

I hope one day soon our defense will be just so consistently dominant that it WILL be a given. Not there yet, but it looks like they're getting there. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

I don’t think anyone really thought that.  I liked Tyree at UB, but honestly, he’s a borderline 3rd string guy at best if he can show significant improvement.  He’s not accurate enough yet 

If Cardale Jones is still on a roster Tyree should make the PS and over a few years could develop into a potential backup down the road.  Matt Barkley is the clear #2 for the next 2 years min.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Allen looked like Allen. O-line looked solid. Some depth chart guys made some nice plays. The end.

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

And starting D played very well. Minus Hyde and Hughes to boot. Shaq playing for that $$$ already.

Allen is a hybrid between JP Losman and EJ Manuel = Worm burners / Flick wrist 60 Yarders

Oliver didn't live to the hype of TC - easily thrown off blocks couple times and missed wide open sack (Not DT or DE = Maybin 2.0)

WR's have no speed and will not be able to find separation to give Allen long distance target

Summary = Bills Season 6 - 10

BTW Chad looked like a NFL backup after long layoff - see how he progresses.

Anyone tell me how to update the profile image to the left?

Edited by Good_4_Chad
Maybin

2 minutes ago, Good_4_Chad said:

Allen is a hybrid between JP Losman and EJ Manuel = Worm burners / Flick wrist 60 Yarders

Oliver didn't live to the hype of TC - easily thrown off blocks couple times and missed wide open sack

WR's have no speed and will not be able to find separation to give Allen long distance target

Summary = Bills Season 6 - 10

BTW Chad looked like a NFL backup after long layoff - see how he progresses.

Anyone tell me how to update the profile image to the left?

WR's managed to get some separation tonight, Allen missed some throws though too. 

Oliver played pretty well, not sure what you were expecting, but he definitely didn't look as disappointing as Edmunds did when he first saw live action last year.

6-10? Maybe. It's definitely possible, but I think McDermott gets a little more out of this group. Even if Allen doesn't progress much, our schedule seems a bit easier this year, and our QB situation in general isn't the absolute worst in the league going into this season. Barkley can actually win us a game or two if he has to, unlike Peterman, and the O-line & Defense have more depth overall.

Injuries aside, I'd say we SHOULD improve by at least 1-2 games. I think 6-10 is low end, while 8-8 is a reasonable expectation.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Defensively the Bills look really good.  Both 1st and 2nd teams played very well.  Ed Oliver was noticeable quite a bit early, as was Shaq Lawson.

It was a night of ups and down for Josh Allen though you can argue that Zay Jones dropped what should have been a TD.   Barkley played well bs 2nd and 3rd Teams 

Christian Wade’s run was the surprise of the night.  

And Tyree Jackson has a long way to go before he can be an NFL ready QB

Foster was invisible 

Singletary had an up and down game.  He started shaky and then picked up.  My fear is that he is too small and will quickly be wrapped up by the giant NFL LBs.  Unless he turns into another Willie Parker. 

How one play changes perspective of Josh Allen. If Jones catches that TD pass, then Josh would be considered to have a wonderful night...now it is a so..so..

Try to do a limerick to summarize:

An Argentine gaucho named Bruno

Wait, that’s something else.  Defense was very solid.  O line - guys that started last year will get cut this year, and we’ll be OK at center even if Morse is our.  Allen was OK, missed a couple throws but made good reads and Beasley is going to be very busy this season.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Wow, my wife wishes there was ONLY one thing I paid for year after year. My bad for mentioning I couldn’t’t see the game live. I was reminded just how much we pay for cable and DTV monthly. Such an amateur move on my part! It might have just gone by but her flight home was delayed hours, much of it on the tarmac. JUST SHUT UP! I knew better...... my bad.....

At least you didn't have to spend hours convincing her those chunks were "just some bleu cheese..." I threw my shirt out the window when she tried to taste it to call my bluff, thanks a lot Augie!

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

We wondered how good they would be

The picks from rounds one two and three

More new ones all played

They did well, even Wade

Except for the legend Slls V

That was just for me wasn't it? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Until October through December when the rain and snow disrupt the connection constantly 

I generally don't have any problems with my HD antenna from amazon- certainly no worse than satellite weather problems.  Probably pretty location dependent though.

15 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

What was wrong with carter? Both his punts were fair catches: one short one inside the 10 and a 51 yarder.  Camp reports haven’t been great on him but he at least looked serviceable. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Bojo cut and have some different competition in the coming days. 

Nothing is wrong with Carter.  He'll probably be the punter.  He is more consistent than Bojo regarding hang time and distance.