can someone do a game summary in one paragraph please

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

He appears to be upper-echelon as far as current backup QBs go. Small sample size sure but I'm not worried about him.

Yeah, I like the guy. He is a pro. He can manage a game and make things happen. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The first one is a drop. A diving attempt like that is not a drop, by any standards. People aren't talking about that kind of play when they say if you get two hands on a ball an NFL WR should catch, which is untrue and stupid anyway. 

I know Kelly - it's an absurdist argument, not one I agree with of course. And it's been parroted by people (not you) in regards to Jones repeatedly over the course of last year. Same posters use the same argument to excuse Allen's inaccuracies - "WELL, two hands on the ball! SHOULD HAVE caught it! Ergo, not a bad throw!"

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If I had to choose between Foster and Zay, I’m taking Foster.... Every. Day. 

He’s faster and more explosive.  He has intangibles you can’t just go sign or draft.  

If they’re both going to be inconsistent and dropping passes, I’m going with the higher upside one. 

I think you're clearly talking about his tangibles here, yes?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He has done something like that before so maybe it was on purpose

It wasn't a hesitation. He takes a cut inside to freeze the defenders and then took it outside.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes he can. Barkley has a good feel for the game and a presence. I feel fairly safe when he's in there.

Thing is I don't know the how or why we are seeing the Barkley we see now, here. Obviously we know his previous stints were pretty disastrous. But he was lights out last year in his start, earned an extension, by all reports he's been excellent in camp, and looked good last night. Maybe bad coaching was his problem? Bad situations in the past? Bad luck? Whatever, I don't really care. He seems to have found a groove.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I mean, I love this crusade of yours, and I agree he should have caught that (it was a beautiful throw by Allen into traffic), but if you gave equal time and talked about all the other drops from tonight it might boost your case - Foster (2!), Sweeney, and Sills all also dropped dime passes did they not?

Not a crusade, was just a fun joke.  I’ve made plenty of jokes at even making fun at myself too ;) Wouldnt  take it so serious Chief :)

But let’s look at what you said:  Foster and Sills weren’t drafted and Sweeney was a 7th round pick.  2 of them playing their first NFL game.

Zay was a NCAA record breaking WR and second round pick we traded up for now in his third season playing with the first unit trying to prove he is a legit starter who dropped a perfect pass for what should have been a TD...again.

Zay deserved the zing just like he deserved the criticism after his last 2 years.  Zay doesn’t deserve excuses at this point, he needs to quiet his critics on the field with better and reliable play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Thing is I don't know the how or why we are seeing the Barkley we see now, here. Obviously we know his previous stints were pretty disastrous. But he was lights out last year in his start, earned an extension, by all reports he's been excellent in camp, and looked good last night. Maybe bad coaching was his problem? Bad situations in the past? Bad luck? Whatever, I don't really care. He seems to have found a groove.

Your right...could of Been any combination of things. Perhaps just a change of scenery and the climate surrounding this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Not a crusade, was just a fun joke.  I’ve made plenty of jokes at even making fun at myself too ;) Wouldnt  take it so serious Chief :)

But let’s look at what you said:  Foster and Sills weren’t drafted and Sweeney was a 7th round pick.  2 of them playing their first NFL game.

Zay was a NCAA record breaking WR and second round pick we traded up for now in his third season playing with the first unit trying to prove he is a legit starter who dropped a perfect pass for what should have been a TD...again.

Zay deserved the zing just like he deserved the criticism after his last 2 years.  Zay doesn’t deserve excuses at this point, he needs to quiet his critics on the field with better and reliable play.  

I know bud I don't take it seriously either I found the hate you got from the thread you started on Zay ridiculous - wasn't too clear on that on my reply sorry. No worries. He ABSOLUTELY deserves the zing on that drop from last night. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I know bud I don't take it seriously either I found the hate you got from the thread you started on Zay ridiculous - wasn't too clear on that on my reply sorry. No worries. He ABSOLUTELY deserves the zing on that drop from last night. 

Its all good man, we all just want the Bills to win, I wasn’t offended by your comment :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

He really only had that 6 game stretch at the end of the Bears 2016 season (which they were already in tank mode).

He knows after that his only role is a backup and he seems to be accepting that well.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He really only had that 6 game stretch at the end of the Bears 2016 season (which they were already in tank mode).

He knows after that his only role is a backup and he seems to be accepting that well.

Yeah and that could be chalked up to "bad situation" I suppose.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

With only 12 game starts spread out over multiple seasons finding his groove may have been more a matter of needing play time then anything.

Hey, who knows...

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

With only 12 game starts spread out over multiple seasons finding his groove may have been more a matter of needing play time then anything.

Hey, who knows...

Very well could be. I'm very impressed so far. Thought his tenure would've ended like Leinart's.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm pretty bummed about Zay.  That ball just has to be caught.  It was so obvious he heard footsteps, it effected him, and he dropped it.  I'm a big believer in Zay but that one just deflated me because big time WRs catch that.  Its freaking preseason no pressure.  Ugh.

And how wasn't that a penalty for targeting?  

I also thought that 3rd down ball should have been caught.  Good throw?  A meh throw but that has to be caught.....fyi as usual he did a great job getting separation because that's what he's so good at. 

I was real good with everything for the 1st game.  Oliver getting Nelson in his first action....loved watching it.  You had to take into account Nelson is going to be a Hall of Famer.  But Oliver looked like the real deal.  

And Bodine, Ducasse, and Yeldon aren't making this team.  

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm pretty bummed about Zay.  That ball just has to be caught.  It was so obvious he heard footsteps, it effected him, and he dropped it.  

And how wasn't that a penalty for targeting?  

I also thought that 3rd down ball should have been caught.  Good throw?  A meh throw but that has to be caught.....fyi as usual he did a great job getting separation because that's what he's so good at. 

I was real good with everything for the 1st game.  Oliver getting Nelson in his first action....loved watching it.  You had to take into account Nelson is going to be a Hall of Famer.  But Oliver looked like the real deal.  

But Bodine, Ducasse, and Yeldon aren't making this team.  

3rd down ball from Allen to Zay in the 1st quarter was booted so badly by Allen even Tasker noticed. NO. If you think that ball should've been dug out then Tyree's throw to Foster should've been caught too. It wasn't. Everything else you said here is very accurate, except, again, you didn't mention the multitude of other drops by other guys throughout the game - Foster, Sweeney, RayRay, Sills V all had drops. Foster's on the short crosser was the most egregious in my opinion. 

Bodine, Vlad and TJ need to go. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Allen looked like Allen. O-line looked solid. Some depth chart guys made some nice plays. The end.

And starting D played very well. Minus Hyde and Hughes to boot. Shaq playing for that $$$ already.