can someone do a game summary in one paragraph please

10 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Pretty good highlight vid...^

Aside from the obvious..

Singletary and Perry, running backs, both made tougher catches than the routine pitch and catch Zay Jones dropped for a TD. 

Isaiah McKenzie needs to be on the 53.  He is a playmaker. 

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Do I really have to scroll through 500 messages or can we please have 2 threads (gasp) on the same game.

For those of us who couldnt see the game and would love to know how we did overall in 3 minutes or less, this would be greatly appreciated.

Who flashed?  Is Zay OK.   Ed?  Murphy?  Did we put any pressure on them with that killer Oline they have?   Josh?

These stupid networks in Rochester on Directv you can't get anything, even if you wanna pay extra.  HELP

Right!??? Nobody is scrolling through numerous of pages to limit one thread ?

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Aside from the obvious..

Singletary and Perry, running backs, both made tougher catches than the routine pitch and catch Zay Jones dropped for a TD. 

Isaiah McKenzie needs to be on the 53.  He is a playmaker. 

According to your "logic" then Foster ain't on the roster either. 2 drops. 1 of those even more "routine" than the drop from Zay. But hey, maybe you missed those. Don't want to futz up the narrative. And Jones would have been tackled at the 2 even if he had hung on to that one. 

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Barkley was sharp. The defense looked very deep and good. McKenzie was good. A few fumbles took points off the board. A lot of depth at RB. Tj yeldon probably blew his shot at making the team. Bills won.

Matt Barkley is so frickin good in this system... he looks like the highly touted prospect he was suppose to be coming out of USC. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

According to your "logic" then Foster ain't on the roster either. 2 drops. 1 of those even more "routine" than the drop from Zay. But hey, maybe you missed those. Don't want to futz up the narrative. And Jones would have been tacked at the 2 even if he had hung on to that one. 

It’s not all about drops.  

Zay is a WR and I have more confidence in our RBs making catches than him at this point. 

If I had to choose between Foster and Zay, I’m taking Foster.... Every. Day. 

He’s faster and more explosive.  He has intangibles you can’t just go sign or draft.  

If they’re both going to be inconsistent and dropping passes, I’m going with the higher upside one. 

Doesnt matter anyway... we’re keeping both, and should. 

Brown/Foster

Cole/McKenzie

Zay/Roberts

At least, that’s my WR 1-6

2 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Matt Barkley is so frickin good in this system... he looks like the highly touted prospect he was suppose to be coming out of USC. 

Absolutely - if Allen ever goes down again, heaven forbid; I ain't tuning out. Barkley seems more than competent back there.

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

According to your "logic" then Foster ain't on the roster either. 2 drops. 1 of those even more "routine" than the drop from Zay. But hey, maybe you missed those. Don't want to futz up the narrative. And Jones would have been tackled at the 2 even if he had hung on to that one. 

You call that play that got overturned a drop? That's ridiculous. He dove flat out and was an inch from an absolutely spectacular catch. That isn't not a drop. Zays was particularly bad because he heard footsteps and pussied out. Not to mention it was a touchdown. 

26 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I mean, I love this crusade of yours, and I agree he should have caught that (it was a beautiful throw by Allen into traffic), but if you gave equal time and talked about all the other drops from tonight it might boost your case - Foster (2!), Sweeney, and Sills all also dropped dime passes did they not?

Not for nothing but you're talking about a 2nd rd pick that was said to catch everything that came to him in his draft profile and is suppose to be in his breakout year vs two udfa's and a 7th rounder that were long shots to start. 

I don't know what it is about Zay but he makes too many easy catches look hard. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It’s not all about drops.  

Zay is a WR and I have more confidence in our RBs making catches than him at this point. 

If I had to choose between Foster and Zay, I’m taking Foster.... Every. Day. 

He’s faster and more explosive.  He has intangibles you can’t just go sign or draft.  

If they’re both going to be inconsistent and dropping passes, I’m going with the higher upside one. 

Doesnt matter anyway... we’re keeping both, and should. 

Brown/Foster

Cole/McKenzie

Zay/Roberts

At least, that’s my WR 1-6

Jones gets more consistent separation than probably anyone else in that corps, sans Beasley now that he's here. That's why Zay has worked pretty much exclusively with the 1s in camp. The hands are an issue. Have been. But they weren't in college and it seems the coaches are confident he can work through that. Who knows; these are the same coaches that keep giving opportunities to Ducasse. But it's a little disingenuous from some here (not you) who are so quick to jump on the kid for alligator-arming a pass where he KNEW he was getting drilled (and did) and not even mention the other drops in the game, including darlings like Sweeney (and I like him! I went to BC I am rooting for him too).

Would Zay have caught or dropped the deep seam that Allen launched 5 yards over his head? Guess will never know because Josh overthrew him.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You call that play that got overturned a drop? That's ridiculous. He dove flat out and was an inch from an absolutely spectacular catch. That isn't not a drop. Zays was particularly bad because he heard footsteps and pussied out. Not to mention it was a touchdown. 

Did he get his hands on it? Was it complete (according to the refs)? No? Sorry I keep hearing around here if you're an NFL WR and you can get two hands on the ball you're supposed to catch it. At least that's the standard people apply to Jones. So yeah, he dropped it. He had an even worse drop earlier in the game Kelly watch again. Christ.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Jones gets more consistent separation than probably anyone else in that corps, sans Beasley now that he's here. That's why Zay has worked pretty much exclusively with the 1s in camp. The hands are an issue. Have been. But they weren't in college and it seems the coaches are confident he can work through that. Who knows; these are the same coaches that keep giving opportunities to Ducasse. But it's a little disingenuous from some here (not you) who are so quick to jump on the kid for alligator-arming a pass where he KNEW he was getting drilled (and did) and not even mention the other drops in the game, including darlings like Sweeney (and I like him! I went to BC I am rooting for him too).

Would Zay have caught or dropped the deep seam that Allen launched 5 yards over his head? Guess will never know because Josh overthrew him.

The good thing is this staff does believe in him.  Judging by our OL, Allen’s development and an actual running game we should have this year, Zay will have ample opportunity to make plays.  Especially with John Brown and Cole Beasley being focused on by defenses. 

Im rooting for him.  I’d love nothing more than Zay to become Juju-lite or Juju-like, dare I dream...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scorp83 said:

Barkley has found a good fit.

Continues to impress...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

The good thing is this staff does believe in him.  Judging by our OL, Allen’s development and an actual running game we should have this year, Zay will have ample opportunity to make plays.  Especially with John Brown and Cole Beasley being focused on by defenses. 

Im rooting for him.  I’d love nothing more than Zay to become Juju-lite or Juju-like, dare I dream...

And if he keeps dropping passes he'll be gone in short order. And certain people here will rejoice, even though, mental health episodes aside, he seems to be one of the most outgoing and genuine players on the team with both fans and the media. So I am rooting for him up until that unfortunate day happens. Then he'll go to the Rams or something like Woods and put up Pro Bowl numbers in an actual 21st century passing offense.

And I am with you - I doubt he'll ever be Juju-like (shoulda picked him!) but I'm with you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, berg1029 said:

I missed about half of the game, but the parts I did hear on the radio said that:

Played well:

Darryl Johnson

Devin Singletary

Barkley

McKenzie

Didn't help themselves:

Zay Jones

Yeldon

Tyree Jackson

McCloud

What people failed to mention is that Zay Jones caught a couple other nice catches. He's getting open. The catch he dropped forced him to look directly into the sun. No excuse for an NFL WR, but that was probably a factor.

I think Zay is going to be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Did he get his hands on it? Was it complete (according to the refs)? No? Sorry I keep hearing around here if you're an NFL WR and you can get two hands on the ball you're supposed to catch it. At least that's the standard people apply to Jones. So yeah, he dropped it. He had an even worse drop earlier in the game Kelly watch again. Christ.

The first one is a drop. A diving attempt like that is not a drop, by any standards. People aren't talking about that kind of play when they say if you get two hands on a ball an NFL WR should catch, which is untrue and stupid anyway. 

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Thats a good thing. Barkley knows how to play and manage a game. 

He appears to be upper-echelon as far as current backup QBs go. Small sample size sure but I'm not worried about him.

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

There were definitely some lowlights:

TJ Yeldon’s fumble 

Russell Bodine - he is terrible and botched a shotgun snap.  You can’t have this joker on the roster

Vladimir Ducasse - awful game vs 3rd string starters.  Should not be on the team 

Deon Lacey - was noticeably bad on the field and struggled in pass coverage

Cory and Corey the punters were not too good.  

Tyree Jackson looked like an undrafted rookie QB.  Might not make the practice squad but he is huge 

First preseason game...love the passion,  but timings are going to be off, could lead to mistakes by players not at fault (have mor seen the game yet. Some of these guys are going to be determined by the 4th preseason game, not the first.

Love the feedback on the negative plays...I'm not gonna have a chance to see the thread for a bit tomorrow..any chance you could quote this and give a few of the highlights?

I literally saw two plays, and they were the Singletary run in short yardage (you know the one, unless there was another), and his catch on the next play.

That run proved he's got plus nfl vision. Holy crap! If Singletary can translate his vision to the NFL right away...I'm not overreacting, he's not there yet even close, but his ceiling is Thurman right? 

Or maybe a Travis Henry, hit the hole type with better vision, patience and set up.