Browns trade Duke Johnson to Texans

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

FFL sleeper alert.  He could be quite good in Houston.

Especially in a PPR league. He’s a really good receiver 

Just now, dorquemada said:

Agreed, I think Houston is a team to watch this year.  Watson is only going to get better.

I think Watson is going to get hurt behind that line. I don’t think the Texans will be contenders. Jmo 

• Like (+1) 2

It's weird that part of his wish was to get traded for an undisclosed draft pick.

That's some pretty specific mojo going on there.

EDIT:  Lined it out because other than my stupid joke this is a pretty solid thread and I didn't want to spoil it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Mark my words the whole idea of breaking up an excellent tandem of Chubb and Duke, who complimented each other well, with Kareem Hunt not only sends the exact opposite message you SHOULD be sending to your team, but will backfire tremendously for the Browns. 

Don't blame Duke for wanting out.  That organization just joined the Cowboys and the Raiders in the "we'll take anybody, even the Aholes" club.

• Like (+1) 1

Given the type of RB room the Bills have right now, I don't think it's too prudent to cut Yeldon. He proved last year with Fournette out with injuries just how productive he can truly become. Yeldon is absolutely the cushion against age and wear and tear on the two at the top of the RB pile. The one who I think sees less time is Singletary this year. I think he gets a share here and there, but I think they're running him a bunch now so that when the season starts, they don't have to for him to learn the Offense and continue to grow. If all 3 stay healthy, I think he and Yeldon split the "also-ran" duties of the RB chart. 

It's for a 4th that can become a 3rd. And Dontrell Hilliard is having a great camp and is very similar to Duke, so it's a no brainer trade. Still sucks because I like Duke, but we got good compensation.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Given the type of RB room the Bills have right now, I don't think it's too prudent to cut Yeldon. He proved last year with Fournette out with injuries just how productive he can truly become. Yeldon is absolutely the cushion against age and wear and tear on the two at the top of the RB pile. The one who I think sees less time is Singletary this year. I think he gets a share here and there, but I think they're running him a bunch now so that when the season starts, they don't have to for him to learn the Offense and continue to grow. If all 3 stay healthy, I think he and Yeldon split the "also-ran" duties of the RB chart. 

I couldn't agree less.  I think if Singletary shows during the preseason that he is as productive as they think he'll be, Yeldon is out the door.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

It's for a 4th that can become a 3rd. And Dontrell Hilliard is having a great camp and is very similar to Duke, so it's a no brainer trade. Still sucks because I like Duke, but we got good compensation.

I appreciate your take, but Hilliard having a great camp is different from the proven production of Duke. It remains to be seen what comes of the trade, but calling it a “no-brainer” is a bit premature.