Brooks Koepka - The Hero Golf Deserves

LB3

https://sports.yahoo.com/brooks-koepka-rory-mc-ilroy-blast-officials-for-pace-of-play-figure-it-out-and-penalize-somebody-002750381.html

He keeps railing against slow play. Hopefully he gets the ball rolling on this. Nothing worse than watching a guy in the group in front of you judge his shot for a few minutes and then take 10 practice swings only to duff the ball 15 yards.

For now, us weekend warriors will still need to hit into the group in front of us to get our point across, but Brooks is doing the Lord's work. :worthy:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

he's certainly a great golfer but he seems like kind of a dick

I heard an interview with him where he “seeemingly very smugly” said he doesn’t practice before regular tournaments.  Only before majors.  I found his tone and attitude kind of offputting.  I think golf needs him badly right now though.

3 hours ago, The Poojer said:

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I heard an interview with him where he “seeemingly very smugly” said he doesn’t practice before regular tournaments.  Only before majors.  I found his tone and attitude kind of offputting.  I think golf needs him badly right now though.

OTOH, he does get to pound that every night:

91fcd223a6a51704e81a8a62924b9695?width=6

• Like (+1) 1

I hate when im golfing and get stuck behind slow players, I am no Jack Nicklaus or anything, but it should be 1 or 2 practice swings, hit the ball and move on. 

I also hate when I get stuck behind said slow group and the jerks behind hit into us

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

dude is great compared to the other tools on Tour. I think he is great for the game..and would be a blessing if somehow pace of play increased. Biggest thing i think golf courses should do is somehow indicate a huge circle around the hole..maybe something like 130% of a typical "inside the leather" gimme..and just declare that a gimme for non pros. Takes away people lining up 3 ft putts!

I would also change the rules so the OB is just a stroke, 1 minute to look for a ball, 1 stroke trying to get out of a trap, then place ball on green and take penalty..hit +3 on any hole it is Ball In Pocket.

I am okay with 4 hour rounds, i hate waiting on slow playeres

• Like (+1) 1

Brooks Koepka is the best thing to happen to golf.

The guy tells it like it is.  He really doesn't enjoy golf that much.  He says he blanks out between holes 5-12.  Only reason he started to play golf was from an injury in his youth during a car accident where he couldn't play contact sports.

He is such an advocate of the common man.

Love seeing him dominate.

I've heard Brooks in interviews and I don't think he sounded smug.  Actually seemed quite pleasant.  On the course he looks very serious but seems to be a decent guy off of it.

I have been wanting a stud who plays fast that the general public can try to emulate.  Maybe this guy is everyones savior.  

Dumbest rule ever to "speed up play" is to make give players the option to leave the pin in the hole on the green. Half the guys I play with want it out, half in. All of this taking it out then putting it back in takes time.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Too much “thigh meat” for my taste

I assume this is a joke.......more thigh meat would be ideal but understand you wouldn't want to do anything to change that backside.

That aside, I love everything about Koepka on the course.   He's very easy to root for.

Edited by The Plastic Cup