Frank Gore's tank may be fuller than LeSean McCoy's

This year's RB battle could turn out like last year's QB battle

WGR_1200x630_FB_OG.png?.MhWoPNKCx6BFmbUV
Joe DiBiase
August 08, 2019 - 12:18 am
USATSI_13096928.jpg?MwK00Y5gMc.QzHqy1pjsAimM.tBJHOPn&itok=vMqN83Nw&c=a1c454743db01024ee5d730f4e181c16

Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

I already believed that the Bills saying they think LeSean McCoy is still going to be a big part of the offense in 2019, was outweighed by the actions of signing Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, and drafting Devin Singletary. You can read all about my thoughts on that here.

On Wednesday, Sean McDermott visited with One Bills Live, where he announced that Frank Gore would start at running back in the first preseason game versus the Colts. McDermott added that LeSean McCoy would not play versus Indy, but would get the start next week in Carolina. 

We'll see how much Frank Gore and LeSean McCoy end up playing in the preseason. If it's anything significant, that means there's a real competition going on between the two.

McDermott tried to sell that the team is going with Gore first because they know McCoy and are still getting to know Gore. I'm not buying that for a second. There is literally not another running back in the NFL with more tape than Frank Gore. If you don't know what he is as a player by now, you never will.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/frank-gores-tank-may-be-fuller-lesean-mccoys

Image result for filling tank gif
Edited by HOUSE

6 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I don't know why either of them would even play a preseason game 

I have a feeling they just want to see Frank with the 1's this week and then Shady with the 1's next week. I bet Frank doesn't play against Carolina. These next two weeks may likely decide the starter for week 1. We know Singletary is 3rd on the depth chart right now. After that they are going to get a good look at the rest of the RB's on the roster to see who will be the 4th.  

McDermott didn't mean see what Frank Gore has. Only an idiot would think that. He meant see how he fits in the scheme out there in live bullets. Shady played in this scheme last year, although without the aid of blocking, they ave seen that. Frank Gore will get his touches. But McCoy is still the best back on the Bills until proven otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 5

What a poorly written article--I was surprised that this was from an actual sports writer (?).  It adds nothing to the conversation at all. 

When something is that poorly written it should set off warning bells that the article's content is usually a joke too.

I just don't know why anyone would care to try and figure this out pre-season?  Two older RB's, a rookie and a young RB with some NFL experience will fight for time just like any other position.  McCoy is and should be the front runner in theory as McD stated because he's been here and deserves the most respect.  Then they will play a little and show what they have in practice.  The RB's who performs will be given the football more than the RB's who don't.