How many Bills games have you been to

Over 100 I know for sure, but not the exact count, maybe between 125-150. 

I know it's over 100 because I first got seasons in 2000. Sometime around my 5th year I realized I had been to every home game (pre and regular season) so I decided I was going to make every home game till I hit 100 games, then I could start picking and choosing which games I go to. It was tough some Sundays to get up and make the three hour drive (living in Syracuse) and when they announced the Toronto series, made it even tougher, since those were considered "home games" on the schedule. But I did it. 2010 was the first year I did not go to every home game, but I have always made the home opener. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

How do you guys know these details? What was the score after the third quarter during your first game? How many rushing yards did we have? I just go to games and have a good time! Lol

It used to be easy, just keep the ticket stubs. But now with mobile tickets and season ticket cards, people have to remember other ways, like maybe programs or pictures. 

Damn thats a number I should know...

With that said I started going to games in high school, probably 8-10 in total.  Went to UB and another 3-4 a year.  Graduated and had season tickets from 11-14 and have gone to at least 3 games since....

Dont know an exact number 

But I do know I wish all of them were tailgating at hammers with mead!  Those have been the most memorable......i dream of those calzones

• Like (+1) 1

Low forties for me. 

Started with 15 during the Chuck Knox years ( missed the Steelers game / Bradshaw for 9 yards with a fever)

Season tickets in 88 and 91. 

Been back during the Mularkey, Jerkron, Marrone and Ryan years. 

Last one was the NYG stinker.

Ive also seen 3 here in Charlotte.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d get to more games if I lived closer, but I have to admit the experience from home is pretty awesome! I’m pretty sure the NFL knows that too. 

I do enjoy getting to road games and seeing other venues and generally exploring. Traveling in general is on the upswing, which is awesome. I couldn’t do that as easily for the last decade plus, but it’s my new mission. The experience with fellow Bills fans on the road is very cool.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just over 40 in the last 15 years or so since my first one when I was 19. More than half have been over the last 4 or 5 years though. 

Over the last 2 years I have an awful stretch of away games. around 60 road hours traveled to the Jax playoff game, lambeau, and then Indy..... witnessing 8 combined pts scored in those games. 

Needless to say I’m done traveling for a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well this made me think...

War Memorial Stadium as a kid (1970-72): 5

My dad got season tickets '73-75, I cut lawns and save up my $ and paid for my ticket, went to 19 of 21 regular season games

'76-86: 3 home games, 1 road game (Foxboro, 1984, was in grad school in Boston) away at school 6 of the years

Got season tickets in '88, had ever since, so that's 31 seasons, best guess is that I've missed about 40 games so that's about 208 

Never missed a home playoff game in that time, I think that's 10 playoff games

Went to 2 Super Bowls (26, 28)

So that's 235 home regular season, 1 road, 10 playoff games, 2 Super Bowls 248 total

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

WOW! Do you save the ticket stubs and keep a log? Impressive, I’ll admit! 

I couldn’t guess and feel comfortable if I had a 50 game range. I started full time mid-60’s, left for college in ‘77 and got back occasionally since then. Hit road games whenever they get close if things work. I get back to WNY when I can for home games, and the best part was taking each of my boys to WNY for a game when they turned 16. Made HUGE Bills fans out of them! 

I only went to a few games in the 1970's, 7 total, so it was pretty easy to remember each game & yes, I kept programs & stubs.  in 1980 I moved back to the Buffalo area and stayed until 1982,  I saw all the home games in 1980 & only missed 2 games in 1981.  I only saw 1 game in 1982 due to surgery in August , the strike and moving in December.  Unfortunately I sold 19 of my programs in a garage sale at my parents house in the early 1980s-I kept only my 1st game from 1973, the Miami streak ender from the 1980 opener & my finale as a WNY resident 11/21/82.  From  late1982-late 1987 I lived in Long Island and only went to 9 games,  from 1985 on I kept every program except 1 that was stolen during a game. Around 1999 or 2000 I compiled all my data & started keeping a log.  I fill it in every time I go to a game and the score.  I had seasons from 1990-2011 and  rarely missed a home game (I only have been to 1 preseason game 8/8/97 vs Minnesota-I did not include it in my total).  I went from October 21, 1990-November 4, 2007 (oops, I originally had this as 11/17/2008) without missing a game (regular season & playoffs) all while living in the Albany area.  The 1st game I missed was because they flexed the NE game Thanksgiving week to Sunday night & my father ended up in the hospital & I had to take my mother for eye surgery that Monday in Long Island.  As it turned out it was both of their last Thanksgivings, so ending the streak was for even a better cause than I realized at the time.  

I've slowed down to 2-3 games a year since I gave up my seasons after the 2011 season.  Usually only 1 game in Buffalo and a road game or 2 .  

It's been pretty easy for me to keep track with all the programs, ticket stubs, and now the log.  I'm thinking of converting it to an Excel file, but I've been pretty lazy doing it.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I only went to a few games in the 1970's, 7 total, so it was pretty easy to remember each game & yes, I kept programs & stubs.  in 1980 I moved back to the Buffalo area and stayed until 1982,  I saw all the home games in 1980 & only missed 2 games in 1981.  I only saw 1 game in 1982 due to surgery in August , the strike and moving in December.  Unfortunately I sold 19 of my programs in a garage sale at my parents house in the early 1980s-I kept only my 1st game from 1973, the Miami streak ender from the 1980 opener & my finale as a WNY resident 11/21/82.  From  late1982-late 1987 I lived in Long Island and only went to 9 games,  from 1985 on I kept every program except 1 that was stolen during a game. Around 1999 or 2000 I compiled all my data & started keeping a log.  I fill it in every time I go to a game and the score.  I had seasons from 1990-2011 and  rarely missed a home game (I only have been to 1 preseason game 8/8/97 vs Minnesota-I did not include it in my total).  I went from October 21, 1990-November 17, 2008 without missing a game (regular season & playoffs) all while living in the Albany area.  The 1st game I missed was because they flexed the NE game Thanksgiving week to Sunday night & my father ended up in the hospital & I had to take my mother for eye surgery that Monday in Long Island.  As it turned out it was both of their last Thanksgivings, so ending the streak was for even a better cause than I realized at the time.  

I've slowed down to 2-3 games a year since I gave up my seasons after the 2011 season.  Usually only 1 game in Buffalo and a road game or 2 .  

It's been pretty easy for me to keep track with all the programs, ticket stubs, and now the log.  I'm thinking of converting it to an Excel file, but I've been pretty lazy doing it.  

WOW again! Who knew Rainman was a BIlls fan?  ?

Totally kidding! My brain just doesn’t work that way.  I’m not that organized, and even games I’ve played in I just go with the flow. Other people are SO different. I saw an interview with Larry Bird one time asking about a playoff game years ago. He said something like “oh, yeah, that was against Detroit, game 5 with a minute 30 seconds left in the second quarter. I knew as soon as McHale got the pass and turned left I’d be open in the corner. Lambeer couldn’t get there in time and it was all net.”  I’d be like......we won that game, right? 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

WOW again! Who knew Rainman was a BIlls fan?  ?

Totally kidding! My brain just doesn’t work that way.  I’m not that organized, and even games I’ve played in I just go with the flow. Other people are SO different. I saw an interview with Larry Bird one time asking about a playoff game years ago. He said something like “oh, yeah, that was against Detroit, game 5 with a minute 30 seconds left in the second quarter. I knew as soon as McHale got the pass and turned left I’d be open in the corner. Lambeer couldn’t get there in time and it was all net.”  I’d be like......we won that game, right? 

Not Rainman-even with the log I messed up my streak, it ended in 2007 not 2008.  I edited my post & corrected it, it was 147 straight games & I even have a note in the log about the end of the streak.  If I didn't start compiling the log in the years I went to every home game, I could never do it from memory, especially now that I'm considered a senior citizen.  I barely remember the details of most of the games with the exception of some playoffs &, the Super Bowls, my 1st game in 1973, the 1980 opener-my 1st & only time on the field while some people were tearing down the goalposts on opening day-only in Buffalo, a 1985 game in Philly where the Bills were up 17-0 going into the 4th quarter & lost 21-17, of course the comeback game & the 1990 AFC Championship 51-3.  Most of the other games are pretty much a blur so I'm glad I wrote the scores down.  I used media guides for scores when I started the log.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.