How many Bills games have you been to

On 8/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, muppy said:

on a side note I do know quite a few diehard Bills fans whom have Never been to a home Bills game....I pity the fools  

I'm one of those fool.

I went to a preseason in Toronto but I don't count that. I'm in Canada and don't like crossing the boarder.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CoachT said:

I'm one of those fool.

I went to a preseason in Toronto but I don't count that. I'm in Canada and don't like crossing the boarder.

No fun twice on game day. I usually stayed in a cheap motel on Saturdays for my season ticket years.

Three

First was @ Miami 2012. It was horribly one-sided officiating, Chandler blew his knee, and Spiller had a 60+(iirc) yard run that nearly went for 6. Also got to see some drunken Dolphins fan get beat up by a couple redneck Dolphins fans.

Second was 2013 @ Jacksonville. This was Manuel's first INT on a HB screen...we all remember his second one...Chad Henne had a field day, but Gilmore sealed the W with a late INT.

Third was VS Denver 2017. First home game for me. Days after Trump made his comment about players kneeling. Awesome tailgating, but hot as hell...92 degrees is crazy for late September in Buffalo. Flew up from Florida the day before, and it was hotter in WNY on Sunday. Von Miller's "sike" pretty much sealed the game. And some lady stole a ketchup dispenser...

Fourth TBD

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

Been to about 120 games.  None on the road but I did go to the game that was moved to Detroit and to the Toronto games.  No idea what their record is when I attend but seeing as I've had seasons for the last 16 years I'm going to assume the record is bad.

• Like (+1) 1

First one was a pre-season game in '96 against Minnesota.

Next one was a regular season game against the Raiders in '98.

Home opener vs. Pats in '03.

Home opener vs. Jags in '04.

Home opener vs. Pats in '13.

Week 15 vs. Packers in '14.

Home opener vs. Colts in '15.

I think that's it. I know I've been to a few other pre-season games but I can't recall those off the top of my head at the moment. I'd have to dig through the ol' ticket stub box at home. I only remember the Minnesota game in '96 because it was the very first game I'd ever been to. The best one was the '03 opener against the Pats. The big win over the Packers in 2014 is a close second, crowd may have been louder during that one.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:59 AM, CoachT said:

I'm one of those fool.

haha I was channeling my inner Mt T when I made that comment all in jest matey I really hope all Bills fans are able to get to a home game at least once...and Tailgate in a must as well ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, row_33 said:

So three games since 1994?

Ha!  A couple more than that but my win percentage is pretty strong given their record over that time. I think they've lost 5 games I've been to since I moved away. Seattle, Tennessee, Cleveland, Kansas City and Cincinnati.  I've seen them beat Miami x3, Jets x2, Kansas City, Seattle and San Diego.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Ha!  A couple more than that but my win percentage is pretty strong given their record over that time. I think they've lost 5 games I've been to since I moved away. Seattle, Tennessee, Cleveland, Kansas City and Cincinnati.  I've seen them beat Miami x3, Jets x2, Kansas City, Seattle and San Diego.

You, sir, are just trying to get us to buy you Season’s and handle your travel expenses! 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

None

And YOU SIR, have been to NONE too many! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

You, sir, are just trying to get us to buy you Season’s and handle your travel expenses! 

Well, if a Sugar Daddy wants to pay my way I wouldn't decline but my son's hockey schedule is a major problem. I'll be lucky to see more than a handful of games on TV this year let alone in person.

You'll notice I've been pretty selective in the games I've picked to drive up to.  Notice who is missing.  That's not accidental and it helps my win percentage.  I've come up with my parents and my wife most of the time which means nothing later than the 2nd week of November generally and when you know you're only doing one game in a year, that you are buying tickets for in July, that's 7 hours away you want to try to pick one they will win.  I know that makes me lesser, but I'm not putting down the money and the time to watch Brady kick them in the balls for the 18th time.  Yes it means I missed the one time we beat them.  I'll get over it.  I've seen better wins.

In fact, God Bless YouTube.  I was showing my son some games from 1990 on YouTube.  He's 13 and he's never seen the Bills be good.  He's heard the names of Kelly and Thomas et al but until then he never saw them play so it was cool to be able to share cool moments with him that way.  Last night we watched the Bills/Broncos game from 1990 where they scored 3 TDs in 77 seconds and we watched Bills/Jets MNF when Thomas ran for 218 yards on 18 carries (yet somehow didn't score a TD).

• Thank you (+1) 1