How many Bills games have you been to

1 hour ago, Irv said:

About 25.  It's a little bit of a pain in the butt to drive in from Rochester.  Turns into an all day affair.  Wish it was a little closer. 

Yeah, that sounds like a brutal commute.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:21 PM, Hedge said:

Just 3.

@ San Antonio! When they played the Saints who were relocated due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005. I think Losman passed for less than 100 yards.

@ San Fran, which was a slaughter-fest in 2012.

EJ's rookie year, home comeback win over Carolina in 2013. Going to the stadium for the first time was like a religious experience, having lived the majority of my life thousands of miles away and being a fan since I was a kid.

I was at that game VS the Niners.  My daughter wanted to go for her 15th birthday (live in Sacramento).  She still had a great time as it was her 1st game.

• Like (+1) 1

When I lived in WNY attended every home game from 1973 thru 1985 when I moved to NC.  Since than have averaged 1 a year so somewhere around 120 my older brother who spans our season tickets has probably missed 30 home games since 1973 when he was off to law school but has gone to,Super Bowl and a few other away games

• Like (+1) 1

Nowhere near as many as I would have liked.

2006 Miami at Buffalo

2007 Denver at buffalo

2007 Dallas at buffalo

2007 buffalo at washington

2009 Cleveland at buffalo (lucky me. 8 hour drive for that?)

2011 Philly at Buffalo (great game and proposed to my wife that weekend at Niagara Falls, probably like everyone else who visits) 

2013 NE at Buffalo

Been to a couple preseason games (2x at Washington and one at Baltimore) 

Been to a few non-Bills games. 

1998 Minnesota at Baltimore

2001 Cowboys at Redskins

2010 Cowboys at Redskins

And the worst? I was so confident buffalo was making the playoffs in 2004 that I bought tickets to the Steelers home playoff game in the divisional round.  My best friend is a Steelers fan.  Anyways, we obviously didn’t make it so I ended up going anyways for the Jets at Steelers.  It was freezing that weekend, but it was a good game.  Jets missed a FG to win (or tie, I don’t remember). So that’s my only playoff game.  That’s what I get for being so confident.  The dumb part is I was certain we would beat the Steelers backups (who wasn’t), and win the first round game (maybe would’ve been the Chargers?). Oh well, one day I’ll see a playoff game in person.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, Hedge said:

Just 3.

@ San Antonio! When they played the Saints who were relocated due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005. I think Losman passed for less than 100 yards.

@ San Fran, which was a slaughter-fest in 2012.

EJ's rookie year, home comeback win over Carolina in 2013. Going to the stadium for the first time was like a religious experience, having lived the majority of my life thousands of miles away and being a fan since I was a kid.

What an awesome experience for your first home game. Everything was electric, perfect fall day, last second win, new quarterback that didn't choke on the final drive. I was so psyched when we drafted EJ and was sure this game proved me right as all my friends gave me grief for loving the pick. Unfortunately it turned out to be his one shinning moment as a Bill.

200 give or take for me, including all home playoff games. I also was one of the million that stayed for the entire comeback game.

• Like (+1) 1

On August 7, 2019 at 8:27 PM, muppy said:

on a side note I do know quite a few diehard Bills fans whom have Never been to a home Bills game....I pity the fools  

Count me in that lot.   Being born and raised outside of Buffalo, by transplanted parents, I've never made it to a Bills game in Buffalo.  One day.. I will.    

I've seen them play once each in Miami, Nashville, and HOF game in Canton.   I have tickets to see them again this fall in Nashville (with my folks).   So... It will be 4 games this year.

• Like (+1) 1

200 or so, no plans to ever return unless it coincides with a business road thing

On 8/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, njbuff said:

I was one of 500,000 people who attended "The Comeback"

Was one of the millions listening to Van call the action due to blackout.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing the number is right around 100, give or take.

A handful of games growing up, then all games from 90-93, and then about 2-3 per season since then.

Road stadiums:  Shea, Giants Stadium, Tennessee, Carolina, Miami, Atlanta (Fulton County Stadium and Georgia Dome), DC, Baltimore

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, njbuff said:

I was one of 500,000 people who attended "The Comeback"

I give the only standard verification that I ever give that I was in attendance...I was lucky enough to be in a box on that date.

No matter how bad it was getting there is very little chance I am walking out of my own volition on beer, wings, booze, soda, peanuts, cheese, dip, pizza and beef on weck.

...even if the rapture were upon us I'd still be thinking I should stick around for wings.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:36 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

One of the responses to the First Bills Game thread got me thinking of this topic.  I'll start:

I've been to 257 Bills games, both home & road,  including home playoffs & all 4 Super Bowls.  Their record in those games is 152-105.  

In addition to Bills games I've been to 14 other NFL games including Super Bowls XLVIII (in NJ) & 50 (Santa Clara/SF).

The stadiums I've been to are: Rich/Ralph/New Era in Orchard Park; Giants Stadium & Met Life in NJ, Hoosier Dome in Indy, Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Both stadiums in Foxborough, Levi's Stadium (SF/Santa Clara), Oakland Coliseum, Stub Hub (LA Chargers) Qualcomm (SD), M&T in Baltimore and the Bills 4 Super Bowl sites in Atlanta, Pasadena, Minneapolis & Tampa Bay.  The only 1 left is the Rose Bowl, the other 3 have been replaced.  

A couple hundred, + 12 playoff games.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

76 games - we are 55-21 in those games.

HOW DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE SPECIFICS LIKE THIS???

I go to games, have a good time, but never kept track. Of course, I go way back, but when the numbers get up there, no way I could say for sure. I MIGHT be able to loosely count Bills road games as it’s a more manageable number, and more memorable event. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

HOW DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE SPECIFICS LIKE THIS???

I go to games, have a good time, but never kept track. Of course, I go way back, but when the numbers get up there, no way I could say for sure. I MIGHT be able to loosely count Bills road games as it’s a more manageable number, and more memorable event. 

There are certain ones I know for absolute certain.  After I moved away from Buffalo I started going much less frequently and that's when it got harder to remember specifics. If there wasn't a specific event attached to the game (e.g Jim Kelly WoF day or Seattle home opener with my pregnant wife or my son's first Miami game or the super boring Cleveland game where I actually fell asleep) it's hard to recall it and as I'm typing I remember that I was at the Jeff Tuel game so add another loss to my tally.  I might have forgotten one or two more but that's a pretty close figure.  The ones when I had seasons tickets were easiest and you just go back through profootballreference and count.  It helps my overall record that I had seasons from 1989-1994. 

And FTR I actually WAS one of the people at the Comeback Game, and NO I didn't leave.  My Dad wanted to but I gave him crap as a teenager would.  I remind him of the good turn I did for him to this day.  He only left one game early and it was the Roland Hooks Hail Mary game. Had he left the Comeback Game also it might have killed him. ?