Jump to content
Joe in Winslow

***** neighbor rants

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

 

Yep.  It's hard not to let it be, for fear of retaliation.  If someone is that twisted to do what they're doing, who knows what their limits are?

 

 

Sounds like they don't care. There is usually an a hole on every block.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gomper said:

I've dealt with it all. White trash, couples who always fought, and the guy using his front lawn as a storage facility. 

 

I'm lucky now. I live in a somewhat hidden neighborhood outside of Colden. Next door neighbor is a salt of the earth type who always has the right tool for whatever work I'm doing around the house. Super chill and his wife is too. Other neighbor is a single guy who keeps to himself. All the people in our court are friendly but mostly keep to themselves. It's nice to know that if anything went really wrong, I have people that will be there for help/advice. 

 

Over the years, I had one neighbor that stood out in a lesson of not judging a book by its cover. 

 

When my ex and I were first starting out, we lived in an apartment building on route 16 in Holland. 4 units. Upstairs was a trucker who was never home and a single mom who kept to herself. The downstairs back unit was empty for months. One day I came home and found a U-Haul and a few motorcycles in the driveway. Our new neighbor was a member of the Kingsmen or one of those gangs. This will be interesting I thought. 

 

Nothing a note for a few weeks, then came a Friday night. My ex and little one were sleeping when the music and the partying got louder and louder. It woke up my ex and she asked me to go and ask them to turn it down. Oh boy. I knock on the door thinking that if got out of hand I would at least get two shots in before getting beaten to a pulp. To my surprise, he apologized and said they'd try to keep it down. They did for about an hour but then it went back up to its previous level. No matter. The ex slept through it and I didn't mind. At least they tried. 

 

They turned out to be great neighbors. His old lady loved our little one and would always bring home little gifts for him. He was always up for a beer and I got to know some of his fellow members a bit. Great guys. 

 

After about a year my ex and I started to get into our careers and we bought a small house. Right before we moved, I came home one night to find my neighbor and his buddy standing in front of my ex's car with the door open. Another guy was in between him. It turns out the guy was going through my ex's car trying to steal the CD player. This guy was bleeding from the mouth and had the beginnings on a massive shiner. My neighbor caught him in the act and administered some street justice. They told me they just called the cops and to get my shot in now if I liked lol. I told them they did a fine job and it wasn't necessary. The cops knew the kid and hauled him away amidst warnings from us never to return. I bought him a case of his favorite beer as a thank you. 

 

It goes to show you don't ever know about people. It was a valuable lesson to learn and one I keep until this day. 

  Glad it worked out.  Bikers are like any other group.  There are a fair amount of good ones but there certainly some bad apples as well.  I have dealt with both.  One of the best dates I had while in college was with a biker chick and I don't say that for the more obvious reasons.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Ha! I can relate to the White trash couples, fighting, bags of recyclables on the lawn, malnourished dogs etc! 😅

My father loved his old lady (my mom) so much he still tells everyone they are happily married even tho she left him 26 years ago lmaoooo

 

And that's why he says they are happily married , cus he dont have to live with her

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we moved into our house about 20 years ago it was pretty sheltered, lots of trees provided a nice buffer between houses.  So my neighbor in back of me is a weird *****...first he needed to install a new septic, so he cleared all the trees from his back yard, no big deal, it's his house.  Then he cleared about 1/4 acre of forest so he could install solar...cleared right up to the property lines all around him...we now we have a nice view of all those ***** that live around us. and our patio area went from partial shade to the ***** surface of the sun!  Ok...that's still his right. But in the wake of all that, he spread out all the wood chips in that 1/4 acre, and just let that area go.  Naturally, it has filled with all manner of weeds and crap....so much so that in the fall, when the wind blows it's like a frickin blizzard of weed seeds blowing into my yard!  Now we have to battle all those ***** weeds!  I know that ***** has a heavy duty weed wacker with a brush cutter attachment because the first year or two he would mow that mess down....since then he has just given up on it.  My wife and I have now taken it upon ourselves to wack down at least 10' into his property to partially deal with this mess.  I hate that dude!!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 6:18 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Meaning his LIVING brother. But you knew that.

What if his brother is Lazarus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

What if his brother is Lazarus?

Well Lazarus has been dead now for 2000 years, so doubt it's a problem.

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

When we moved into our house about 20 years ago it was pretty sheltered, lots of trees provided a nice buffer between houses.  So my neighbor in back of me is a weird *****...first he needed to install a new septic, so he cleared all the trees from his back yard, no big deal, it's his house.  Then he cleared about 1/4 acre of forest so he could install solar...cleared right up to the property lines all around him...we now we have a nice view of all those ***** that live around us. and our patio area went from partial shade to the ***** surface of the sun!  Ok...that's still his right. But in the wake of all that, he spread out all the wood chips in that 1/4 acre, and just let that area go.  Naturally, it has filled with all manner of weeds and crap....so much so that in the fall, when the wind blows it's like a frickin blizzard of weed seeds blowing into my yard!  Now we have to battle all those ***** weeds!  I know that ***** has a heavy duty weed wacker with a brush cutter attachment because the first year or two he would mow that mess down....since then he has just given up on it.  My wife and I have now taken it upon ourselves to wack down at least 10' into his property to partially deal with this mess.  I hate that dude!!

 

Bobcat is the answer. Should see the difference it made in the side yard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mead107 said:

Lot of hot young moms in the neighborhood now. 

I am one of the old farts in the neighborhood.  

 Been in the house 36 years. 

“Hey Ma!  The old guy with the pic-a-nic basket of strombolis is at the door!”

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 1:37 PM, teef said:

my goal was to move to a wooded 5-10 acre lot, but my wife would have nothing to do with that. 

Hopefully, you will get that eventually. I spent most of my adult life living in cities and suburban areas. Fortunately, my wife hates having neighbors even more than I do - and our children are all grown - which allowed us to move to a 6 acre wooded lot. I retired from my carreer; however, I continue to work for myself, primarily from home and I love the peacefulness. I also love to work outside in my spare time (currently building a lower deck off the back and a small green house, out of old windows and doors, for my wife). I love being able to work as early or late as I want without getting any sh** from neighbors about the noise or what I am building. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

“Hey Ma!  The old guy with the pic-a-nic basket of strombolis is at the door!”

 

"And he's not wearing pants..... again!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

When we moved into our house about 20 years ago it was pretty sheltered, lots of trees provided a nice buffer between houses.  So my neighbor in back of me is a weird *****...first he needed to install a new septic, so he cleared all the trees from his back yard, no big deal, it's his house.  Then he cleared about 1/4 acre of forest so he could install solar...cleared right up to the property lines all around him...we now we have a nice view of all those ***** that live around us. and our patio area went from partial shade to the ***** surface of the sun!  Ok...that's still his right. But in the wake of all that, he spread out all the wood chips in that 1/4 acre, and just let that area go.  Naturally, it has filled with all manner of weeds and crap....so much so that in the fall, when the wind blows it's like a frickin blizzard of weed seeds blowing into my yard!  Now we have to battle all those ***** weeds!  I know that ***** has a heavy duty weed wacker with a brush cutter attachment because the first year or two he would mow that mess down....since then he has just given up on it.  My wife and I have now taken it upon ourselves to wack down at least 10' into his property to partially deal with this mess.  I hate that dude!!

 

This, overall, is an absolute nightmare scenario.  This guy sounds like a total dick.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

When we moved into our house about 20 years ago it was pretty sheltered, lots of trees provided a nice buffer between houses.  So my neighbor in back of me is a weird *****...first he needed to install a new septic, so he cleared all the trees from his back yard, no big deal, it's his house.  Then he cleared about 1/4 acre of forest so he could install solar...cleared right up to the property lines all around him...we now we have a nice view of all those ***** that live around us. and our patio area went from partial shade to the ***** surface of the sun!  Ok...that's still his right. But in the wake of all that, he spread out all the wood chips in that 1/4 acre, and just let that area go.  Naturally, it has filled with all manner of weeds and crap....so much so that in the fall, when the wind blows it's like a frickin blizzard of weed seeds blowing into my yard!  Now we have to battle all those ***** weeds!  I know that ***** has a heavy duty weed wacker with a brush cutter attachment because the first year or two he would mow that mess down....since then he has just given up on it.  My wife and I have now taken it upon ourselves to wack down at least 10' into his property to partially deal with this mess.  I hate that dude!!

 

Don't invite @plenzmd1 for a cookout!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

 

Don't invite @plenzmd1 for a cookout!

 

Unless it’s January-February and you don’t mind him in shorts and a wife beater. 

 

 

 

News just came on and it feels like 100 outside. The good news is....they say it only gets hotter this week! YAY! I’m outside to walk, play tennis and sweat. Looking forward to next week. @plenzmd1 is welcome to drop by! 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get to deal with neighbors complaints all the time with work. Many are obvious that they are feuding and trying to go after them because they don't like them, a few have actually come out and said so. Some are also people who have way to much time on their hands and want to police the neighborhood.

 

I usually get from the neighbor being complained on that they wish their neighbor would have come talk to them first because they would have resolved it and taken care of the issue themselves. I also always ask the people with an issue if they talked to their neighbors and suggest doing so first to resolve it if they haven't because many will take care of it. Few will refuse or out up a fight and that's when I say to get back to me and I will try and help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a guy who sits in the driveway in his fancy sports and revs the engine all weekend.  He's far enough away that I don't really hear it, but apparently a lot of people are just about ready to kill him.  The comments about him overcompensating for something are getting to be pretty funny.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We moved into our current house 10 years ago.

 

Both neighbours have moved since. One was a middle aged lady who lived on her own and my partner knew her as she used to work with her mum. She moved to a smaller property closer to the city a couple of years ago. 

 

The neighbours on the other side started off ok but they soon turned when we started to renovate the house and sort the garden. One day we bought some small bushes to plant up along the border of our gardens to give it a natural boundary. We planted them on our side as to not take any of their land away. These bushes were only small, knee high at best and we only intended to grow them to waist height. They probably can't grow any higher anyway.

 

A day after they went in there was a knock on the door and it was the bright spark male from next door. He asked what type of bushes they were and what height we intended to grow them. We told him and he went away happy.

 

The following week he was round again asking about the bushes. His dozy wife still wasn't happy. There wasn't a lot more I could tell him. To put their mind at ease I promised to call the local council to check we were acting correctly. We were.

 

Then one day about a month later I was unpacking shopping from the car and he starts up again. Giving it the large one. I told him to shut the f**k up and the bushes were staying.

 

A week later their house was up for sale. By the summer they were gone. They actually moved house due to 5 or 6 knee high bushes. I think because were a younger couple who were new to the street we'd just cave in and they would continue to be the #### of the street as they thought. World doesn't work like that.

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BritBill said:

We moved into our current house 10 years ago.

 

Both neighbours have moved since. One was a middle aged lady who lived on her own and my partner knew her as she used to work with her mum. She moved to a smaller property closer to the city a couple of years ago. 

 

The neighbours on the other side started off ok but they soon turned when we started to renovate the house and sort the garden. One day we bought some small bushes to plant up along the border of our gardens to give it a natural boundary. We planted them on our side as to not take any of their land away. These bushes were only small, knee high at best and we only intended to grow them to waist height. They probably can't grow any higher anyway.

 

A day after they went in there was a knock on the door and it was the bright spark male from next door. He asked what type of bushes they were and what height we intended to grow them. We told him and he went away happy.

 

The following week he was round again asking about the bushes. His dozy wife still wasn't happy. There wasn't a lot more I could tell him. To put their mind at ease I promised to call the local council to check we were acting correctly. We were.

 

Then one day about a month later I was unpacking shopping from the car and he starts up again. Giving it the large one. I told him to shut the f**k up and the bushes were staying.

 

A week later their house was up for sale. By the summer they were gone. They actually moved house due to 5 or 6 knee high bushes. I think because were a younger couple who were new to the street we'd just cave in and they would continue to be the #### of the street as they thought. World doesn't work like that.

 

 

 

 

English asshattery at its finest. People need to mind their own Ps and Qs, I say.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: turns out this looney toon reported two other neighbors as well. Talk about committing social seppuku.

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

seppuku.

 

 

Went and looked this up........

Hard pass on that style of "offing."

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, Cripple Creek said:

I can understand your anger because of the tank you drive. You should consider going light like @mrags or @BringBackFergy or even @CountryCletus.

A maze.... something that should fit your lifestyle considering you have years of experience going both ways! 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I lived in California  a guy  lived on a street that emptied out onto ours right where I lived. Someone would go to work on his motorcycle at 6AM, the thing had no or almost no muffler.   He would make the turn and gun it down the street right outside my bedroom.A bunch of us talked to the cops and they staked out the intersection. Caught him and mo problems after that.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Mine is a drunk and on welfare and always wants to bum rides for more booze. Annoying as hell, then wants to know why we dont hang out. :wallbash:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

Mine is a drunk and on welfare and always wants to bum rides for more booze. Annoying as hell, then wants to know why we dont hang out. :wallbash:

 

 

Dude can you pleaseee take me to a place is can buy some alcohol

 

I just need to buy some Listerine I swear

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude can you pleaseee take me to a place is can buy some alcohol

 

I just need to buy some Listerine I swear

 

no its beer lol.

 

A couple of years ago he paid me a 100 bucks to drive him to Auburn, NY, which is 2 hrs from my house to see a "friend".

 

But at first he said Geneva which is still a good haul, about an 1.5 hr . Then i ask for the directions for GPS and he tells me auburn and i already have the money so i do it. Then he wants to smoke but doesnt have a lighter and keeps trying to pull out the lighter where the gps is plugged in. I tell him you cant do that because i have no clue where im going. So we pull into some store to get a lighter and he grabs beer , to which he is chucking out the window as he finishes them and keeps the window down because hes hot while im freezing my ass off in the middle of winter. eventually i talk him into putting the window up , drunk people dont listen very well.

 

So we finally get there and its a block away from the prison and its nothing but welfare trash and he really is there for a booty call with some skank who's house smells like cat piss and cigarettes ( i believe it is mandatory to smoke if you are on welfare) . Then this b!tc# wants me to drive her to the store so she can get smokes and junk food. Being the nice guy I am i do. I couldn't get out of there fast enough , last ride he ever got.

 

Ps. On the way up im listening to the Sabres game he keeps trying to change the radio to Friggin rap and hip hop, which i loathe with a passion.

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

no its beer lol.

 

A couple of years ago he paid me a 100 bucks to drive him to Auburn, NY, which is 2 hrs from my house to see a "friend".

 

But at first he said Geneva which is still a good haul, about an 1.5 hr . Then i ask for the directions for GPS and he tells me auburn and i already have the money so i do it. Then he wants to smoke but doesnt have a lighter and keeps trying to pull out the lighter where the gps is plugged in. I tell him you cant do that because i have no clue where im going. So we pull into some store to get a lighter and he grabs beer , to which he is chucking out the window as he finishes them and keeps the window down because hes hot while im freezing my ass off in the middle of winter. eventually i talk him into putting the window up , drunk people dont listen very well.

 

So we finally get there and its a block away from the prison and its nothing but welfare trash and he really is there for a booty call with some skank who's house smells like cat piss and cigarettes ( i believe it is mandatory to smoke if you are on welfare) . Then this b!tc# wants me to drive her to the store so she can get smokes and junk food. Being the nice guy I am i do. I couldn't get out of there fast enough , last ride he ever got.

 

Ps. On the way up im listening to the Sabres game he keeps trying to change the radio to Friggin rap and hip hop, which i loathe with a passion.

 

 

  Two hours one way for a booty call?  What did he do to the local ho's?  Pay them with Monopoly money which they found out was not worth anything only after trying to use said Monopoly money at the neighborhood convenience store?  

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

  Two hours one way for a booty call?  What did he do to the local ho's?  Pay them with Monopoly money which they found out was not worth anything only after trying to use said Monopoly money at the neighborhood convenience store?  

 

They probably got sick of his s#!t and he had to go online for more whores.

 

(The money i got was real, dont know about them :D )

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...