Jump to content
Joe in Winslow

***** neighbor rants

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They can still get your mail, feed the cat. Scoop the litterbox  when you are away...No?

But make darn sure to attend their family wakes...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They can still get your mail, feed the cat. Scoop the litterbox  when you are away...No?

 

I have one neighbor who does this kind of stuff for me.  Only one.  I knew her long before we became neighbors, so it works out well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They can still get your mail, feed the cat. Scoop the litterbox  when you are away...No?

Fortunately, we have family & friends within a few miles, who can always take care of mail, paper, etc... when we are away. ;)

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a seriously crazy neighbor lady ULTIMATE NUISANCE....she falls under the category of funny Not funny. The Lord strike me down if this be a lie I swear to you it is not.

 

Both myself and my neighbor were cub scout leaders and one day we held a meeting of the 2 troops at her house. The boys were in her side yard playing basketball and just having a good old time. Each year cub scouts sport a different color scarf.... my troops were yellow and hers plaid with the customary blue shirts and hats.

All of a sudden we see a gaggle of police cars come racing down the street.... This lady had literally called the police "reporting gang activity in the neighborhood including yelling and screaming" ,she feared armageddon I suppose SMH

 

The cops pulled up..looked at the boys and you could tell they were PISSED. THEY were the ones that told me why they all had showed up LOL...From that day on she was put on a "call list" to basically prevent police responses to her waste of time calls.  That was the funniest most crazy ones. The rest were nearly equally outrageous. We live in front of a canyon and houses across the street have one behind theirs. LOTS of critters including skunks,snakes, rodents, rabbits , coyotes etc etc etc. She called the city of San Diego and reported that neighbors were putting half eaten rats in her back yard...TCK. Yep Im sawing those rats in half in my spare time absolutely .....

Edited by muppy
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

 

I figured it was too subtle for you.

 

Really, no one's going to get that reference?

 

I got it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

 

That's on the horizon, believe me. Lemanches.

 

 

What about alpacas?  Chicks dig the alpacas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

What about alpacas?  Chicks dig the alpacas.

 

Too much work and hassle. Need to be shorn on the regular, especially with the heat here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Too much work and hassle. Need to be shorn on the regular, especially with the heat here.

 

 

but .... chicks ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gugny said:

 

but .... chicks ....

 

Have one. Don't need another.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, Gugny said:

 

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

 

Street parking is surprisingly under control in my neighborhood. Unfortunately for me, the guy across the street is the only one who has cars out there every night. He’s a cop though, so I don’t think anyone dares to call him out on it. There’s nothing that brings a routine eye roll out of me more than each time I see the cop car parked directly in front of the fire hydrant. 

 

I feel like he may he may have gotten a message from someone though, at least when it comes to blocking our driveway, or any driveway. The last couple times the boat has not been in their usual spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I moved into my apt I had an apt on either side of me.....one side had a hispanic family (with way too many to live in that apt) with a "man of the house" that seemed to always be home

 

He seemed very to himself and unapproachable....I left him alone as i am a bit of a introvert myself....if he didnt want to be friendly that was his right....no reason to push it.  Still...there was always something wierd about him like he seemed to always be intentionally avoiding me.

 

My girlfriend stays with me when she is not working.....stays at my apt when im working on some days....has a key...one day she mentions to me that she is uncomfortable  about "the guy living in the next door apt" I ask questions....she says just wierd vibe but doesnt give me specifics.

 

Some time passes

 

I come home from work...my GF tells me that "man next door" waited until I left for work then came to the door and knocked for "no apparent reason and was for some reason acting very friendly.....I told him I was busy but he kept hanging around the door eventually told him to go away and shut the door"

 

GF goes to work....I go over to have a talk to my friendly when he wants to be neighbor....refuses to answer the door....well I am pretty stubborn so I just wait for the next time for him to try to walk outside to his car.   I keep it civil....but let him know that this was my apt and if he needed something he can wait until I am there.....I also point out to him that he has been pretty unfriendly since I moved in so I am maybe I have him wrong since he wants to be friendly with my gf...this where I realize this guy is a real worm and cant handle confrontation.....just wants to deny everything and get away from me.

 

Some time goes on without incident.  Now I am at my job (about 10 min away from my apt) and I get the call from my gf that she is literally trying to walk into my apt but wierdo is standing in front of his apt and now she is actually scared.  You guessed it I drive home.....catch him doing this ***** and he runs into his house.   GF is not uncomfortable staying at my apt without me which pisses me off even more.

 

Im not going to go through a door of someone elses apt....this gives them the excuse to shoot me and get away with it....So I just wait until his wife comes home.....then I come out....when I come out the wife calls her husband...the husband comes out (reluctantly) and I explain the whole situation....wife blows up because of course there is a past of acting like this to other women....she starts crying and of course goes in the house because of course some ppl are just not smart enough to leave bad situations.

 

This is where I have the talk....I explain to him (just between the two of us) that if he does pretty much anything i dont like he better have a gun in his hand when he does it because I wont live with a threat next door.  He is trying to slink away from me denying everything I let him go because well....im just not that person anymore.

 

Some time goes on.....I have to go to my gf's house to see her because she wont come to my place during that time....then one day I come home with 2 police cars in front of our apartments.....and wierdo husband next door is being led out in hand cuffs to one of the cars....wife is crying and taking up for him the whole way.  Later on I get the story from the land lord......as you might have guessed wierd husband next door is a convicted felon....for what?......you guessed it.....sexual prediter.....something to do with the neighbors across the street and their teenage daughter have brought the police out this day and the father called the cops.

 

That apartment is vacant now and has been for some time...My GF is back and staying there when not working which I like.  Hoping the next ppl that move in dont have issues.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Too much work and hassle. Need to be shorn on the regular, especially with the heat here.

 

 

"Man of Alpacas" doesn't have the same ring to it, anyway.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

When I moved into my apt I had an apt on either side of me.....one side had a hispanic family (with way too many to live in that apt) with a "man of the house" that seemed to always be home

 

He seemed very to himself and unapproachable....I left him alone as i am a bit of a introvert myself....if he didnt want to be friendly that was his right....no reason to push it.  Still...there was always something wierd about him like he seemed to always be intentionally avoiding me.

 

My girlfriend stays with me when she is not working.....stays at my apt when im working on some days....has a key...one day she mentions to me that she is uncomfortable  about "the guy living in the next door apt" I ask questions....she says just wierd vibe but doesnt give me specifics.

 

Some time passes

 

I come home from work...my GF tells me that "man next door" waited until I left for work then came to the door and knocked for "no apparent reason and was for some reason acting very friendly.....I told him I was busy but he kept hanging around the door eventually told him to go away and shut the door"

 

GF goes to work....I go over to have a talk to my friendly when he wants to be neighbor....refuses to answer the door....well I am pretty stubborn so I just wait for the next time for him to try to walk outside to his car.   I keep it civil....but let him know that this was my apt and if he needed something he can wait until I am there.....I also point out to him that he has been pretty unfriendly since I moved in so I am maybe I have him wrong since he wants to be friendly with my gf...this where I realize this guy is a real worm and cant handle confrontation.....just wants to deny everything and get away from me.

 

Some time goes on without incident.  Now I am at my job (about 10 min away from my apt) and I get the call from my gf that she is literally trying to walk into my apt but wierdo is standing in front of his apt and now she is actually scared.  You guessed it I drive home.....catch him doing this ***** and he runs into his house.   GF is not uncomfortable staying at my apt without me which pisses me off even more.

 

Im not going to go through a door of someone elses apt....this gives them the excuse to shoot me and get away with it....So I just wait until his wife comes home.....then I come out....when I come out the wife calls her husband...the husband comes out (reluctantly) and I explain the whole situation....wife blows up because of course there is a past of acting like this to other women....she starts crying and of course goes in the house because of course some ppl are just not smart enough to leave bad situations.

 

This is where I have the talk....I explain to him (just between the two of us) that if he does pretty much anything i dont like he better have a gun in his hand when he does it because I wont live with a threat next door.  He is trying to slink away from me denying everything I let him go because well....im just not that person anymore.

 

Some time goes on.....I have to go to my gf's house to see her because she wont come to my place during that time....then one day I come home with 2 police cars in front of our apartments.....and wierdo husband next door is being led out in hand cuffs to one of the cars....wife is crying and taking up for him the whole way.  Later on I get the story from the land lord......as you might have guessed wierd husband next door is a convicted felon....for what?......you guessed it.....sexual prediter.....something to do with the neighbors across the street and their teenage daughter have brought the police out this day and the father called the cops.

 

That apartment is vacant now and has been for some time...My GF is back and staying there when not working which I like.  Hoping the next ppl that move in dont have issues.

 

 

That sounds heavy. I am glad the two of you got through that.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

When I moved into my apt I had an apt on either side of me.....one side had a hispanic family (with way too many to live in that apt) with a "man of the house" that seemed to always be home

 

He seemed very to himself and unapproachable....I left him alone as i am a bit of a introvert myself....if he didnt want to be friendly that was his right....no reason to push it.  Still...there was always something wierd about him like he seemed to always be intentionally avoiding me.

 

My girlfriend stays with me when she is not working.....stays at my apt when im working on some days....has a key...one day she mentions to me that she is uncomfortable  about "the guy living in the next door apt" I ask questions....she says just wierd vibe but doesnt give me specifics.

 

Some time passes

 

I come home from work...my GF tells me that "man next door" waited until I left for work then came to the door and knocked for "no apparent reason and was for some reason acting very friendly.....I told him I was busy but he kept hanging around the door eventually told him to go away and shut the door"

 

GF goes to work....I go over to have a talk to my friendly when he wants to be neighbor....refuses to answer the door....well I am pretty stubborn so I just wait for the next time for him to try to walk outside to his car.   I keep it civil....but let him know that this was my apt and if he needed something he can wait until I am there.....I also point out to him that he has been pretty unfriendly since I moved in so I am maybe I have him wrong since he wants to be friendly with my gf...this where I realize this guy is a real worm and cant handle confrontation.....just wants to deny everything and get away from me.

 

Some time goes on without incident.  Now I am at my job (about 10 min away from my apt) and I get the call from my gf that she is literally trying to walk into my apt but wierdo is standing in front of his apt and now she is actually scared.  You guessed it I drive home.....catch him doing this ***** and he runs into his house.   GF is not uncomfortable staying at my apt without me which pisses me off even more.

 

Im not going to go through a door of someone elses apt....this gives them the excuse to shoot me and get away with it....So I just wait until his wife comes home.....then I come out....when I come out the wife calls her husband...the husband comes out (reluctantly) and I explain the whole situation....wife blows up because of course there is a past of acting like this to other women....she starts crying and of course goes in the house because of course some ppl are just not smart enough to leave bad situations.

 

This is where I have the talk....I explain to him (just between the two of us) that if he does pretty much anything i dont like he better have a gun in his hand when he does it because I wont live with a threat next door.  He is trying to slink away from me denying everything I let him go because well....im just not that person anymore.

 

Some time goes on.....I have to go to my gf's house to see her because she wont come to my place during that time....then one day I come home with 2 police cars in front of our apartments.....and wierdo husband next door is being led out in hand cuffs to one of the cars....wife is crying and taking up for him the whole way.  Later on I get the story from the land lord......as you might have guessed wierd husband next door is a convicted felon....for what?......you guessed it.....sexual prediter.....something to do with the neighbors across the street and their teenage daughter have brought the police out this day and the father called the cops.

 

That apartment is vacant now and has been for some time...My GF is back and staying there when not working which I like.  Hoping the next ppl that move in dont have issues.

 

 

 

Ummm, I’m not sure what to say other than, maybe, you “win” the bad neighbor rant? 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Too much work and hassle. Need to be shorn on the regular, especially with the heat here.

 

Once a year in GA. Easy animals to deal with. Do their business in a single area so easy to clean up after. Only issue is their really susceptible to parasites from deer so ivermectin shots necessary once a month. Or so I’ve heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Once a year in GA. Easy animals to deal with. Do their business in a single area so easy to clean up after. Only issue is their really susceptible to parasites from deer so ivermectin shots necessary once a month. Or so I’ve heard.

 

Good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Have one. Don't need another.

 

 

If you expect a decent egg count, you will need more.  Daughter in law had 5 speckled and 5 rock island reds delivered.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've dealt with it all. White trash, couples who always fought, and the guy using his front lawn as a storage facility. 

 

I'm lucky now. I live in a somewhat hidden neighborhood outside of Colden. Next door neighbor is a salt of the earth type who always has the right tool for whatever work I'm doing around the house. Super chill and his wife is too. Other neighbor is a single guy who keeps to himself. All the people in our court are friendly but mostly keep to themselves. It's nice to know that if anything went really wrong, I have people that will be there for help/advice. 

 

Over the years, I had one neighbor that stood out in a lesson of not judging a book by its cover. 

 

When my ex and I were first starting out, we lived in an apartment building on route 16 in Holland. 4 units. Upstairs was a trucker who was never home and a single mom who kept to herself. The downstairs back unit was empty for months. One day I came home and found a U-Haul and a few motorcycles in the driveway. Our new neighbor was a member of the Kingsmen or one of those gangs. This will be interesting I thought. 

 

Nothing a note for a few weeks, then came a Friday night. My ex and little one were sleeping when the music and the partying got louder and louder. It woke up my ex and she asked me to go and ask them to turn it down. Oh boy. I knock on the door thinking that if got out of hand I would at least get two shots in before getting beaten to a pulp. To my surprise, he apologized and said they'd try to keep it down. They did for about an hour but then it went back up to its previous level. No matter. The ex slept through it and I didn't mind. At least they tried. 

 

They turned out to be great neighbors. His old lady loved our little one and would always bring home little gifts for him. He was always up for a beer and I got to know some of his fellow members a bit. Great guys. 

 

After about a year my ex and I started to get into our careers and we bought a small house. Right before we moved, I came home one night to find my neighbor and his buddy standing in front of my ex's car with the door open. Another guy was in between him. It turns out the guy was going through my ex's car trying to steal the CD player. This guy was bleeding from the mouth and had the beginnings on a massive shiner. My neighbor caught him in the act and administered some street justice. They told me they just called the cops and to get my shot in now if I liked lol. I told them they did a fine job and it wasn't necessary. The cops knew the kid and hauled him away amidst warnings from us never to return. I bought him a case of his favorite beer as a thank you. 

 

It goes to show you don't ever know about people. It was a valuable lesson to learn and one I keep until this day. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, Gugny said:

 

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

I can understand your anger because of the tank you drive. You should consider going light like @mrags or @BringBackFergy or even @CountryCletus.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gomper said:

I've dealt with it all. White trash, couples who always fought, and the guy using his front lawn as a storage facility. 

 

I'm lucky now. I live in a somewhat hidden neighborhood outside of Colden. Next door neighbor is a salt of the earth type who always has the right tool for whatever work I'm doing around the house. Super chill and his wife is too. Other neighbor is a single guy who keeps to himself. All the people in our court are friendly but mostly keep to themselves. It's nice to know that if anything went really wrong, I have people that will be there for help/advice. 

 

Over the years, I had one neighbor that stood out in a lesson of not judging a book by its cover. 

 

When my ex and I were first starting out, we lived in an apartment building on route 16 in Holland. 4 units. Upstairs was a trucker who was never home and a single mom who kept to herself. The downstairs back unit was empty for months. One day I came home and found a U-Haul and a few motorcycles in the driveway. Our new neighbor was a member of the Kingsmen or one of those gangs. This will be interesting I thought. 

 

Nothing a note for a few weeks, then came a Friday night. My ex and little one were sleeping when the music and the partying got louder and louder. It woke up my ex and she asked me to go and ask them to turn it down. Oh boy. I knock on the door thinking that if got out of hand I would at least get two shots in before getting beaten to a pulp. To my surprise, he apologized and said they'd try to keep it down. They did for about an hour but then it went back up to its previous level. No matter. The ex slept through it and I didn't mind. At least they tried. 

 

They turned out to be great neighbors. His old lady loved our little one and would always bring home little gifts for him. He was always up for a beer and I got to know some of his fellow members a bit. Great guys. 

 

After about a year my ex and I started to get into our careers and we bought a small house. Right before we moved, I came home one night to find my neighbor and his buddy standing in front of my ex's car with the door open. Another guy was in between him. It turns out the guy was going through my ex's car trying to steal the CD player. This guy was bleeding from the mouth and had the beginnings on a massive shiner. My neighbor caught him in the act and administered some street justice. They told me they just called the cops and to get my shot in now if I liked lol. I told them they did a fine job and it wasn't necessary. The cops knew the kid and hauled him away amidst warnings from us never to return. I bought him a case of his favorite beer as a thank you. 

 

It goes to show you don't ever know about people. It was a valuable lesson to learn and one I keep until this day. 

My father was a biker and I can vouch that they are some of the coolest nicest people if you look past the rough exterior

 

And they love their old ladies 😂

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 5:29 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Bible says we're supposed to love our neighbors, but mine go out of the way to make it difficult. 

 

New neighbors (like four months in the neighborhood new) call code enforcement on our pastureland for being overgrown. Not even adjacent to their property. Consequence? Using a scythe to cut it down (two acres) before COB tomorrow. 

 

Don't even know the woman, but I hate her already. Let's hear about your ***** neighbors.

Nothing worse than people with WAY too much time on their hands for nonsense like this. Get a life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

My father was a biker and I can vouch that they are some of the coolest nicest people if you look past the rough exterior

 

And they love their old ladies 😂

Ha! I can relate to the White trash couples, fighting, bags of recyclables on the lawn, malnourished dogs etc! 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, Gugny said:

 

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

I swear these weirdos next door park their car directly next to my trash/recycling on purpose. I've tried to move it several times and had it not picked up on 3 occasions. The guy REALLY freaks me out, so I just let it be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I swear these weirdos next door park their car directly next to my trash/recycling on purpose. I've tried to move it several times and had it not picked up on 3 occasions. The guy REALLY freaks me out, so I just let it be.

 

Yep.  It's hard not to let it be, for fear of retaliation.  If someone is that twisted to do what they're doing, who knows what their limits are?

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...