Jump to content
Joe in Winslow

***** neighbor rants

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

 

This X100...I live in an HOA community.  Every house has a 2 car garage and a 2 car driveway.  Some in the neighborhood don't use either and just use the street to park their multiple vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

My previous neighbors were the most obnoxious slobs out there.  Can't believe they were next door 10 years.  My castle felt like my hell hole.  They got evicted and house sat vacant 2 years, some of the best 2 years I've been there.  Now all re-habed, a young couple owns it.  The guy is out of down 3 weeks a month, and she goes lives with her mother those 3 weeks.

 

The only problem now.............. I'm jealous, this guys toy collection is huge.  2-3 collector cars, RV, ATV, snow mobile, Harley

 

...and a wife he only has to put up with one week out of the month. If it were my luck, it'd be the wrong week. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some bad neighbors once when I lived in the industrial area. At first it was just one guy who used to talk to himself a bunch and hit golf balls at odd hours into other people's houses. Then he started having a bunch of his friends over two, three times a week real late at night. There would be a ton of yelling and fighting sounds going on in the basement. After a couple weeks the smell of lye and nitrogen coming from their home soapmaking business became intolerable. I moved away from that city right before the guy blew up a bunch of bank offices. He was the worst.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I had some bad neighbors once when I lived in the industrial area. At first it was just one guy who used to talk to himself a bunch and hit golf balls at odd hours into other people's houses. Then he started having a bunch of his friends over two, three times a week real late at night. There would be a ton of yelling and fighting sounds going on in the basement. After a couple weeks the smell of lye and nitrogen coming from their home soapmaking business became intolerable. I moved away from that city right before the guy blew up a bunch of bank offices. He was the worst.

I was almost to that point this past week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone can say they had bad neighbors ...   Like rotten apples, there is always one int he bunch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

 

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

 

Previous house I owned, the ex and I had three vehicles, all parked in our driveway. Neighbors across the street had four vehicles, and the same size and layout driveway. But what always happened is whoever got home first, would park in the driveway next to the front porch. So the next person home, if there was room, would park behind them or in the street. Vehicle three and four were always in the street. And if I happened to need to park one of my vehicles in the street in front of my house, it would piss them off because they considered it their parking spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Horses

 

Buy goats.  They'll keep your yard trimmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's my general rule of thumb, that the closer you live to me, the less likely you'll ever be inside my house, (didn't come up with it, but i find it helpful).  my goal was to move to a wooded 5-10 acre lot, but my wife would have nothing to do with that.  her vision was to live in a neighborhood where all the kids and families hang out together, (my nightmare).  we compromised and live in an area where all the lots are 2-3 acres.  it's just far away from each house that it's unlikely you'll have a random neighbor walk up and start a convo.  that being said, all of my neighbors are extremely nice, quiet people.  

 

we are starting to see a turnover though.  new families coming in with young kids, and my wife is all over that. when i see her texting the couples down the street, i cringe.  i have enough going on with work and my own life that i just don't want another random element in the mix.  i've heard too many horror stories that i stay far away.  it seems like it can evolve into high school nonsense all over again.

 

for example, my sister in law lives in an extremely nice neighborhood...the houses are a million an up, which for this area is insane.  younger couples that all hang out, all belong to the same country club, dinner clubs, etc. they also all go to the kids birthdays together, swim, vacation together etc.  well there was one couple in the mix i became friends with.  husband was fun, wife super hot, kids were pleasant.  apparently the wife made a comment about two of the other couples, and all hell broke loose.  to turn a very long story short, the neighborhood had cut off this family.  they're just not invited to do anything anymore.  no discussion, no reason given...just done.  it's  ***** mean, and i want no part of that type of *****.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think everyone can say they had bad neighbors ...   Like rotten apples, there is always one int he bunch 

as of now, my neighbors are perfect.  i don't want to ruin that by getting to know anyone.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

 

Buy goats.  They'll keep your yard trimmed.

 

That's on the horizon, believe me. Lemanches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

That's on the horizon, believe me. Lemanches.

 

 

1) Lamanches.

 

2) Never gonna happen.  It's an impossible dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

 

1) Lamanches.

 

2) Never gonna happen.  It's an impossible dream.

1) thanks

 

2) why not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

2) why not

 

 

I figured it was too subtle for you.

 

Really, no one's going to get that reference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DC Tom said:

 

I figured it was too subtle for you.

 

Really, no one's going to get that reference?

 

DOH

 

"to dream the impossible dream"

 

Give me a break, I just finished scything an acre of alfalfa

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

 

DOH

 

"to dream the impossible dream"

 

Give me a break, I just finished scything an acre of alfalfa

 

 

Sure thing, Man of Lamanches.  :lol:

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DC Tom said:

 

Sure thing, Man of Lamanches.  :lol:

 

I want to hate you, I just can't though.

 

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

I want to hate you, I just can't though.

 

:lol:

 

 

It actually kind-of scares me that you said "Lemanches" [sic] and my brain immediately went to "The Impossible Dream."

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I had some bad neighbors once when I lived in the industrial area. At first it was just one guy who used to talk to himself a bunch and hit golf balls at odd hours into other people's houses. Then he started having a bunch of his friends over two, three times a week real late at night. There would be a ton of yelling and fighting sounds going on in the basement. After a couple weeks the smell of lye and nitrogen coming from their home soapmaking business became intolerable. I moved away from that city right before the guy blew up a bunch of bank offices. He was the worst.

Wow... Small world.

 

Sorry man... That stay in Hawaii was rough on me.  No hard feelings, I wasn't trying to piss you off.

 

Soap biz never took off like I planned, but my golf game is great after I got out of the joint.  Such is life.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

 

It actually kind-of scares me that you said "Lemanches" [sic] and my brain immediately went to "The Impossible Dream."

 

Big show tunes guy I take it?

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, teef said:

as of now, my neighbors are perfect.  i don't want to ruin that by getting to know anyone.

LOL  that is one way to look at it 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

 

Buy goats.  They'll keep your yard trimmed.

 

Buying goats is for suckers. All you need is a sturdy pair of shoes and you can pick em up for free on the sides of the highway lava fields

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow... Small world.

 

Sorry man... That stay in Hawaii was rough on me.  No hard feelings, I wasn't trying to piss you off.

 

Soap biz never took off like I planned, but my golf game is great after I got out of the joint.  Such is life.

 

You invented Soap on a Rope?  

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

You invented Soap on a Rope?  

 

Now you tell me what that rope was for!

 

173337.gif

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Now you tell me what that rope was for!

 

173337.gif

 

Ask David Carradine.

 

Oh .... wait .....

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve learned from others...if you become best friends with your immediate neighbors and then have a falling out to the point where you don’t even say hi or wave, it sucks.  Maybe that is why I’ve always kept my immediate neighbors at arms length.   Hello, goodbye,  idle chat chat, and that’s about it.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve learned from others...if you become best friends with your immediate neighbors and then have a falling out to the point where you don’t even say hi or wave, it sucks.  Maybe that is why I’ve always kept my immediate neighbors at arms length.   Hello, goodbye,  idle chat chat, and that’s about it.  

They can still get your mail, feed the cat. Scoop the litterbox  when you are away...No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...