***** neighbor rants

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mine is a drunk and on welfare and always wants to bum rides for more booze. Annoying as hell, then wants to know why we dont hang out. :wallbash:

Dude can you pleaseee take me to a place is can buy some alcohol

I just need to buy some Listerine I swear

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude can you pleaseee take me to a place is can buy some alcohol

I just need to buy some Listerine I swear

no its beer lol.

A couple of years ago he paid me a 100 bucks to drive him to Auburn, NY, which is 2 hrs from my house to see a "friend".

But at first he said Geneva which is still a good haul, about an 1.5 hr . Then i ask for the directions for GPS and he tells me auburn and i already have the money so i do it. Then he wants to smoke but doesnt have a lighter and keeps trying to pull out the lighter where the gps is plugged in. I tell him you cant do that because i have no clue where im going. So we pull into some store to get a lighter and he grabs beer , to which he is chucking out the window as he finishes them and keeps the window down because hes hot while im freezing my ass off in the middle of winter. eventually i talk him into putting the window up , drunk people dont listen very well.

So we finally get there and its a block away from the prison and its nothing but welfare trash and he really is there for a booty call with some skank who's house smells like cat piss and cigarettes ( i believe it is mandatory to smoke if you are on welfare) . Then this b!tc# wants me to drive her to the store so she can get smokes and junk food. Being the nice guy I am i do. I couldn't get out of there fast enough , last ride he ever got.

Ps. On the way up im listening to the Sabres game he keeps trying to change the radio to Friggin rap and hip hop, which i loathe with a passion.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

no its beer lol.

A couple of years ago he paid me a 100 bucks to drive him to Auburn, NY, which is 2 hrs from my house to see a "friend".

But at first he said Geneva which is still a good haul, about an 1.5 hr . Then i ask for the directions for GPS and he tells me auburn and i already have the money so i do it. Then he wants to smoke but doesnt have a lighter and keeps trying to pull out the lighter where the gps is plugged in. I tell him you cant do that because i have no clue where im going. So we pull into some store to get a lighter and he grabs beer , to which he is chucking out the window as he finishes them and keeps the window down because hes hot while im freezing my ass off in the middle of winter. eventually i talk him into putting the window up , drunk people dont listen very well.

So we finally get there and its a block away from the prison and its nothing but welfare trash and he really is there for a booty call with some skank who's house smells like cat piss and cigarettes ( i believe it is mandatory to smoke if you are on welfare) . Then this b!tc# wants me to drive her to the store so she can get smokes and junk food. Being the nice guy I am i do. I couldn't get out of there fast enough , last ride he ever got.

Ps. On the way up im listening to the Sabres game he keeps trying to change the radio to Friggin rap and hip hop, which i loathe with a passion.

Two hours one way for a booty call?  What did he do to the local ho's?  Pay them with Monopoly money which they found out was not worth anything only after trying to use said Monopoly money at the neighborhood convenience store?  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Two hours one way for a booty call?  What did he do to the local ho's?  Pay them with Monopoly money which they found out was not worth anything only after trying to use said Monopoly money at the neighborhood convenience store?  

They probably got sick of his s#!t and he had to go online for more whores.

(The money i got was real, dont know about them :D )

Neighbors smoked a fair bit of weed. Bongs always out in open on their deck. Whilst for awhile not an issue, not bad guys- quiet. Then they started to deal. Cars pull up, folk run in, 5 min later run out and drive off. Told the wife I’ll go and talk to them. She was afraid they might retaliate some how, when I wasn’t home. So I have a mate who’s a cop. Asked him what to do. Said ring crime stoppers or local cop shop. Said was worried about retaliation if found out. Anyways for a couple weeks, random times, on his way home he’d stop by for a coffee, in full uniform and often with cop car. They soon moved out- coincidence or not.

On the other side, best neighbors...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They probably got sick of his s#!t and he had to go online for more whores.

(The money i got was real, dont know about them :D )

I guess the local skank at the end of the bar with Virginia slims wasn't available

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Neighbors smoked a fair bit of weed. Bongs always out in open on their deck. Whilst for awhile not an issue, not bad guys- quiet. Then they started to deal. Cars pull up, folk run in, 5 min later run out and drive off. Told the wife I’ll go and talk to them. She was afraid they might retaliate some how, when I wasn’t home. So I have a mate who’s a cop. Asked him what to do. Said ring crime stoppers or local cop shop. Said was worried about retaliation if found out. Anyways for a couple weeks, random times, on his way home he’d stop by for a coffee, in full uniform and often with cop car. They soon moved out- coincidence or not.

On the other side, best neighbors...

I was one of the first 10 or so houses in a new construction neighborhood.  There was a stretch of about two years where people were dealing out of the undeveloped lots way in the back.  That was a little uncomfortable but luckily it we knew it was a short term thing, once even one house went up in that immediate area, they were finished.  And it definitely wasn't someone sneaking in to steal construction equipment because they were always way back beyond where any work had started.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was one of the first 10 or so houses in a new construction neighborhood.  There was a stretch of about two years where people were dealing out of the undeveloped lots way in the back.  That was a little uncomfortable but luckily it we knew it was a short term thing, once even one house went up in that immediate area, they were finished.  And it definitely wasn't someone sneaking in to steal construction equipment because they were always way back beyond where any work had started.

Probably was growing there or nearby as well.  Lots of MJ planted in open spots in woodlands and the edges of cornfields around WNY.  One year there was a plane that flew around and around a couple of cornfields up the road from my cousins.  Probably DEA and their infrared.  No missing persons during those few days.

• Like (+1) 1

I have this rotund female neighbor behind me who didn't like my dog running "loose" in my yard.  (when he was alive)  I don't have a fence because my dog was trained to stay in the yard.

Now I have a new neighbor that has 5 German Sheppard's where, on occasional , one will slip out of the gate.

I'm waiting to enjoy her poop he pants when that happens. 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I have this rotund female neighbor behind me who didn't like my dog running "loose" in my yard.  (when he was alive)  I don't have a fence because my dog was trained to stay in the yard.

Now I have a new neighbor that has 5 German Sheppard's where, on occasional , one will slip out of the gate.

I'm waiting to enjoy her poop he pants when that happens. 

5?  Wow.  A house behind us has 2 and they're pretty loud.  The younger one is under 2 years old, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with his barking.  It's a real shame that he's not a puppy anymore because good god that dog was cute.

47 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Probably was growing there or nearby as well.  Lots of MJ planted in open spots in woodlands and the edges of cornfields around WNY.  One year there was a plane that flew around and around a couple of cornfields up the road from my cousins.  Probably DEA and their infrared.  No missing persons during those few days.

I never thought of that possibility.  I'm guessing that wasn't the case though because the woodland there is town owned. 

• Like (+1) 1

I must be the only one that actually does love all of my neighbors. There are like 7 houses of people in a row that will all hang out together, kids play together, etc. We had a "lake day" about a month ago and literally had 3 boats worth of parents and kids all from our street. Everybody gets along great.

Actually leaving tomorrow for Disney with one of our neighbors and their kids, too. We've looked at other houses, but are scared to leave our neighborhood because we got so lucky with amazing neighbors!

28 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I must be the only one that actually does love all of my neighbors. There are like 7 houses of people in a row that will all hang out together, kids play together, etc. We had a "lake day" about a month ago and literally had 3 boats worth of parents and kids all from our street. Everybody gets along great.

Actually leaving tomorrow for Disney with one of our neighbors and their kids, too. We've looked at other houses, but are scared to leave our neighborhood because we got so lucky with amazing neighbors!

Unless career forces you to I would not leave either.  Not even for a ritzier neighborhood.  To have people in such close proximity get along so well is very rare.  My neighborhood is not perfect but I know I could do far worse overall.  Nobody here revs their car at 11PM.  Nobody here has kids that ride their ATV on the back of your property without permission and give you the finger in the process.  Nobody here has a wife that leaves her bra in your car as a way to make their hubby jealous.  You get the point.  

About to present my neighbors with a $2800 estimate to take down an old oak tree that branches out (pun intended) over my yard.  Had an arborist out last week to talk about cutting back some of the branches and he said the tree is on the way out and should come down.

I'm about 90 percent certain the neighbors will blow me off and I'll be on the hook for about $900 worth of branch trimming.

Any advice on how to approach said neighbors is greatly appreciated.  

On 9/4/2019 at 10:19 AM, shrader said:

5?  Wow.  A house behind us has 2 and they're pretty loud.  The younger one is under 2 years old, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with his barking.  It's a real shame that he's not a puppy anymore because good god that dog was cute.

Hs truck says K9 training or something similar.  

They really only bark when the other neighbors dogs are out.   

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

About to present my neighbors with a $2800 estimate to take down an old oak tree that branches out (pun intended) over my yard.  Had an arborist out last week to talk about cutting back some of the branches and he said the tree is on the way out and should come down.

I'm about 90 percent certain the neighbors will blow me off and I'll be on the hook for about $900 worth of branch trimming.

As far as I know you are within you're right to trim back the over-hanging limbs.  We trim back neighbor overhangs pretty much yearly, but nothing like a big oak.

We had a huge maple tree that was the centerpiece of the backyard. It was actually two trees that had grown together and looked like one, until one half started to die. We started trimming back the dead side little by little each year. The question was always where it would land if it came down and the potential problems were wiping out our shed or landing in the next door neighbors in ground pool.

If my neighbor had presented me with a $2800 estimate to cut the tree I probably wouldn't have reacted positively. Depending on how well you get along with your neighbor, I'd suggest you let him know that you have concerns the tree is going to fall and you'll probably be trimming back what overhangs on your property and see where the conversation leads. Maybe you'll get an opportunity to mention the estimate or maybe they are already aware and thinking of taking it down on their own anyway.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I had something related to this happen a few years ago.

A tree from our property fell, and literally cut in half an out building on a neighbor's property.

They called me and said it was my issue to get the tree out of their out building and I expected a significant bill for the building.

I called my insurance company who told me how this works.

They were not insuring the property at the time, since our home was not on it.

Anyway, they said that unless the neighbors had formally notified me that this tree was a hazard, it was considered an act of God, and I had no liability.

I told the other property owner that, and after he checked with his insurance company, he agreed.

Anyway, I spent a couple days cutting this giant oak out of his building, but that was it.

Point is, that if you feel threatened by something on a neighbor's property, formally notify them.

In the case of a tree, I would do so using a tree arborist.

Once that formal notification is made, they are on the hook for damages.

• Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I had something related to this happen a few years ago.

A tree from our property fell, and literally cut in half an out building on a neighbor's property.

They called me and said it was my issue to get the tree out of their out building and I expected a significant bill for the building.

I called my insurance company who told me how this works.

They were not insuring the property at the time, since our home was not on it.

Anyway, they said that unless the neighbors had formally notified me that this tree was a hazard, it was considered an act of God, and I had no liability.

I told the other property owner that, and after he checked with his insurance company, he agreed.

Anyway, I spent a couple days cutting this giant oak out of his building, but that was it.

Point is, that if you feel threatened by something on a neighbor's property, formally notify them.

In the case of a tree, I would do so using a tree arborist.

Once that formal notification is made, they are on the hook for damages.

The scenario you outlines pretty much paints what I've been told by others.  Thanks.