***** neighbor rants

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I had some bad neighbors once when I lived in the industrial area. At first it was just one guy who used to talk to himself a bunch and hit golf balls at odd hours into other people's houses. Then he started having a bunch of his friends over two, three times a week real late at night. There would be a ton of yelling and fighting sounds going on in the basement. After a couple weeks the smell of lye and nitrogen coming from their home soapmaking business became intolerable. I moved away from that city right before the guy blew up a bunch of bank offices. He was the worst.

Wow... Small world.

Sorry man... That stay in Hawaii was rough on me.  No hard feelings, I wasn't trying to piss you off.

Soap biz never took off like I planned, but my golf game is great after I got out of the joint.  Such is life.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow... Small world.

Sorry man... That stay in Hawaii was rough on me.  No hard feelings, I wasn't trying to piss you off.

Soap biz never took off like I planned, but my golf game is great after I got out of the joint.  Such is life.

You invented Soap on a Rope?  

• Haha (+1) 1

I’ve learned from others...if you become best friends with your immediate neighbors and then have a falling out to the point where you don’t even say hi or wave, it sucks.  Maybe that is why I’ve always kept my immediate neighbors at arms length.   Hello, goodbye,  idle chat chat, and that’s about it.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve learned from others...if you become best friends with your immediate neighbors and then have a falling out to the point where you don’t even say hi or wave, it sucks.  Maybe that is why I’ve always kept my immediate neighbors at arms length.   Hello, goodbye,  idle chat chat, and that’s about it.  

They can still get your mail, feed the cat. Scoop the litterbox  when you are away...No?

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They can still get your mail, feed the cat. Scoop the litterbox  when you are away...No?

I have one neighbor who does this kind of stuff for me.  Only one.  I knew her long before we became neighbors, so it works out well.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Fortunately, we have family & friends within a few miles, who can always take care of mail, paper, etc... when we are away. ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a seriously crazy neighbor lady ULTIMATE NUISANCE....she falls under the category of funny Not funny. The Lord strike me down if this be a lie I swear to you it is not.

Both myself and my neighbor were cub scout leaders and one day we held a meeting of the 2 troops at her house. The boys were in her side yard playing basketball and just having a good old time. Each year cub scouts sport a different color scarf.... my troops were yellow and hers plaid with the customary blue shirts and hats.

All of a sudden we see a gaggle of police cars come racing down the street.... This lady had literally called the police "reporting gang activity in the neighborhood including yelling and screaming" ,she feared armageddon I suppose SMH

The cops pulled up..looked at the boys and you could tell they were PISSED. THEY were the ones that told me why they all had showed up LOL...From that day on she was put on a "call list" to basically prevent police responses to her waste of time calls.  That was the funniest most crazy ones. The rest were nearly equally outrageous. We live in front of a canyon and houses across the street have one behind theirs. LOTS of critters including skunks,snakes, rodents, rabbits , coyotes etc etc etc. She called the city of San Diego and reported that neighbors were putting half eaten rats in her back yard...TCK. Yep Im sawing those rats in half in my spare time absolutely .....

Edited by muppy
typo
  • Like (+1) 2