***** neighbor rants

15 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

The guy who wrote the Bible didn't have neighbors.

My neighbors are Chinese family of 6 living in a 2 bedroom that drive Lyft and Uber all day long dad and kids. Someone said the mom owns a massage parlor... But I don't know if that's true or not.

You could give Kraft a call, he could confirm the mom's business.......

I think I've ranted above this before...

Next door neighbor is a complete slob and I have no idea why they own a house.  Old pieces of a swing set in a flower bed(which are just filled with weeds), sh*t all over the deck, cuts his grass maybe once a month, garage filled front to back with crap(they have never used it for one of their cars)and my favorite...had an above ground pool put in 4-5 years ago.  As the installers always do, they bring in a bobcat to skim and level the ground.  They always leave the pile of dirt behind, and it's your job to spread it around, or get rid of it.  Fast forward 4-5 years, the moron left the pile of dirt right where the installer left it next to the pool...it is now covered in weeds, and actually has a small tree growing out of it....and oh by the way, I think they f***ed up the liner in the pool, as it got uncovered around the 4th of July, but never opened beyond that. 

These are the kind of people that belong in a trashy apartment complex...or a house in one of the trashy areas of the city. Not sure why they ever bought a house to begin with.  I've given up and will be planting privet or something else that can grow 10-15' high and block the view of this from my deck.  Don't care as much in the winter time.

Edited by LabattBlue

16 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bible says we're supposed to love our neighbors, but mine go out of the way to make it difficult. 

New neighbors (like four months in the neighborhood new) call code enforcement on our pastureland for being overgrown. Not even adjacent to their property. Consequence? Using a scythe to cut it down (two acres) before COB tomorrow. 

Don't even know the woman, but I hate her already. Let's hear about your ***** neighbors.

You have pastureland?  Are you grazing sheep?

My previous neighbors were the most obnoxious slobs out there.  Can't believe they were next door 10 years.  My castle felt like my hell hole.  They got evicted and house sat vacant 2 years, some of the best 2 years I've been there.  Now all re-habed, a young couple owns it.  The guy is out of down 3 weeks a month, and she goes lives with her mother those 3 weeks.

The only problem now.............. I'm jealous, this guys toy collection is huge.  2-3 collector cars, RV, ATV, snow mobile, Harley

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Parking a boat directly across from my driveway every single day and then continuing to do so after the HOA told them no boats on the street.

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

On-street parking in my neighborhood really pisses me off.  You have a driveway; use it.  I get when there is company, etc., but we have a few residents who park on the road daily.  It's like going through a ***** maze to get out of the neighborhood.

This X100...I live in an HOA community.  Every house has a 2 car garage and a 2 car driveway.  Some in the neighborhood don't use either and just use the street to park their multiple vehicles.

26 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

My previous neighbors were the most obnoxious slobs out there.  Can't believe they were next door 10 years.  My castle felt like my hell hole.  They got evicted and house sat vacant 2 years, some of the best 2 years I've been there.  Now all re-habed, a young couple owns it.  The guy is out of down 3 weeks a month, and she goes lives with her mother those 3 weeks.

The only problem now.............. I'm jealous, this guys toy collection is huge.  2-3 collector cars, RV, ATV, snow mobile, Harley

...and a wife he only has to put up with one week out of the month. If it were my luck, it'd be the wrong week. :)

I had some bad neighbors once when I lived in the industrial area. At first it was just one guy who used to talk to himself a bunch and hit golf balls at odd hours into other people's houses. Then he started having a bunch of his friends over two, three times a week real late at night. There would be a ton of yelling and fighting sounds going on in the basement. After a couple weeks the smell of lye and nitrogen coming from their home soapmaking business became intolerable. I moved away from that city right before the guy blew up a bunch of bank offices. He was the worst.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I had some bad neighbors once when I lived in the industrial area. At first it was just one guy who used to talk to himself a bunch and hit golf balls at odd hours into other people's houses. Then he started having a bunch of his friends over two, three times a week real late at night. There would be a ton of yelling and fighting sounds going on in the basement. After a couple weeks the smell of lye and nitrogen coming from their home soapmaking business became intolerable. I moved away from that city right before the guy blew up a bunch of bank offices. He was the worst.

I was almost to that point this past week

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Previous house I owned, the ex and I had three vehicles, all parked in our driveway. Neighbors across the street had four vehicles, and the same size and layout driveway. But what always happened is whoever got home first, would park in the driveway next to the front porch. So the next person home, if there was room, would park behind them or in the street. Vehicle three and four were always in the street. And if I happened to need to park one of my vehicles in the street in front of my house, it would piss them off because they considered it their parking spot. 

it's my general rule of thumb, that the closer you live to me, the less likely you'll ever be inside my house, (didn't come up with it, but i find it helpful).  my goal was to move to a wooded 5-10 acre lot, but my wife would have nothing to do with that.  her vision was to live in a neighborhood where all the kids and families hang out together, (my nightmare).  we compromised and live in an area where all the lots are 2-3 acres.  it's just far away from each house that it's unlikely you'll have a random neighbor walk up and start a convo.  that being said, all of my neighbors are extremely nice, quiet people.  

we are starting to see a turnover though.  new families coming in with young kids, and my wife is all over that. when i see her texting the couples down the street, i cringe.  i have enough going on with work and my own life that i just don't want another random element in the mix.  i've heard too many horror stories that i stay far away.  it seems like it can evolve into high school nonsense all over again.

for example, my sister in law lives in an extremely nice neighborhood...the houses are a million an up, which for this area is insane.  younger couples that all hang out, all belong to the same country club, dinner clubs, etc. they also all go to the kids birthdays together, swim, vacation together etc.  well there was one couple in the mix i became friends with.  husband was fun, wife super hot, kids were pleasant.  apparently the wife made a comment about two of the other couples, and all hell broke loose.  to turn a very long story short, the neighborhood had cut off this family.  they're just not invited to do anything anymore.  no discussion, no reason given...just done.  it's  ***** mean, and i want no part of that type of *****.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think everyone can say they had bad neighbors ...   Like rotten apples, there is always one int he bunch 

as of now, my neighbors are perfect.  i don't want to ruin that by getting to know anyone.

• Haha (+1) 1