***** neighbor rants

We have 3 sets of floodlights around the house. Two are WAY UP, second story lights. I was somehow at the neighbors one day (extremely rare, but nice folks). He made a point of showing me how our lights shine in the window and annoy his wife when she’s at the breakfast table or watching TV. Hey, it’s how I light up my grill and one side of the back yard. I like it, so I want to SEE it!

I looked into putting sleeves over the floodlights. Means replacing 3 fixtures. (I could just unscrew the bulbs in one and make it 2, as one I don’t even want on and that one doesn’t bother them.) Anyway, two bids, both well over $500 because of the 2nd floor fixtures. The fixtures are only about $40 at Home Depot. It would take about 20 minutes to do the 2 fixtures that bother them. I just turn my lights on much less often. 

42 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

LOL, holy shnikey, you friggin remember that? Yeah, I'd did but that was two houses ago back in 2005!!! I may have told the story here a couple of years ago, but the actual event was long before.

The funny/sad thing is, she is still with that ***** bag in their ***** trailer park. They've now lasted longer than her and I! Good for her! 

PS: I have never felt so satisfied wearing handcuffs ?

I remember everything..including when gugny got himself in a car wreck..

His wife at the time..asked him if the car was heavily damaged instead of spending her worry on him.

Johnny Hammersticks doesn't like popcorn thrown at him...

I don't type much on here..I read and digest all of the takes..

Tells me a lot of the character of you characters.

Grins

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

My neighborhood has gotten old. I’m recently retired, and I’m surrounded by retired folks, except for the abandoned house next door.  I live in an ok neighborhood, but the two grown sons who grew up next door won’t sell the house they inherited when their folks passed away, even though one lives 100 miles away, and the other lives 1500 miles away. 

Sounds like the house next to my sister-in-law and her husband. Story I heard was the kids bought it cheap off the mother in an attempt to flip it. They didn't get far though and now it sits empty for years. Window in the garage is busted though, so people can get in. There's kitchen cabinets still in boxes to be installed, mold growing on the walls, and about 8 inches of water in the basement. My in-laws want to buy it cheap to fix up for my mother-in-law to live in, but the current owners are not returning any phone calls or messages. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bible says we're supposed to love our neighbors, but mine go out of the way to make it difficult. 

New neighbors (like four months in the neighborhood new) call code enforcement on our pastureland for being overgrown. Not even adjacent to their property. Consequence? Using a scythe to cut it down (two acres) before COB tomorrow. 

Don't even know the woman, but I hate her already. Let's hear about your ***** neighbors.

The bible also says if my brother dies that I have to bang his wife:

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

Say it ain't so, Joe.  I want no piece of that!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

I never had a brother, but if I did I’d want to see his wife before making any promises. 

Does MY wife have any say in this? 

Hottie? “It’s the Word Of God. Honey!” 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yes, it's called the kinsman redeemer. Interesting concept of you honestly look at it.

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've got a dude next door to me.  Won't mow his lawn.  WAY overgrown.  One quick phone call and now he's out there like Karl Childers whipping a slingblade (some folks call it a Sling-blade, I call it a Kaiser Blade. Mmm hmm),  around yelling something about "French fried taters."

Mmmm hmmm ... I reckon.

Only in South Jersey, I tell ya.

Not his lawn, you fool. His pastureland. For horses. ?

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

That is Mosaic law and only applied to Jews.

Not relevant to anyone else, anymore than blood sacrifice or various diet rules.

The "love your neighbor" still applies though.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

That is Mosaic law and only applied to Jews.

Not relevant to anyone else, anymore than blood sacrifice or various diet rules.

The "love your neighbor" still applies though.

Kinsman redeemer is an interesting concept, though.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Leviticus 20:21
If a man has marital relations with his brother’s wife, it is indecency. He has exposed his brother’s nakedness; they will be childless.

500 years ago these contradictory Bible passages set in motion events that shaped the world we live in

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Leviticus 20:21
If a man has marital relations with his brother’s wife, it is indecency. He has exposed his brother’s nakedness; they will be childless.

500 years ago these contradictory Bible passages set in motion events that shaped the world we live in

Meaning his LIVING brother. But you knew that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I've actually read it? :lol:

I believe you!  But how do you know what the author of this passage (the one that says banging your sister in law is a no-no) meant?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I believe you!  But how do you know what the author of this passage (the one that says banging your sister in law is a no-no) meant?

You can ask that same question to about 90% of the posts on this site.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Whatnot78 said:

You can ask that same question to about 90% of the posts on this site.

But (hopefully) people don't shape their lives and make decisions and judge others based upon 90% of the posts on this site.