Jets Gase ask wife "you good?" right after giving birth and then leaving

21 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No. There is NO scientific evidence that men are more intelligent than women, simply by virtue of gender. None. Zero. Not a shred.

A graph from 1932, which is based on a flawed tool, is NOT conclusive scientific evidence. Nor is you shouting "Yes it is!"

I dont believe that is what he is saying

27 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

No. There is NO scientific evidence that men are more intelligent than women, simply by virtue of gender. None. Zero. Not a shred.

A graph from 1932, which is based on a flawed tool, is NOT conclusive scientific evidence. Nor is you shouting "Yes it is!"

geez, where did all the flat earthers come from all of a sudden? :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's a picture of him and his family.  He's missing out right now if the story is accurate and he'll regret it in 20 years.

514df6e7c72c7839a8850a6f438ef1bd?width=6

This is a weird picture, it's almost as if they photoshopped his eyes to look "normal"

image.jpeg.5bbe5b34a9408767f13587b4097d259c.jpeg

17 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

geez, where did all the flat earthers come from all of a sudden? :) 

As a single anecdotal data point, you're not making a real strong argument in favor of the "men are smarter" hypothesis.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Or she realises he only has limited time to make a few million as a head coach til people figure him out as a bad HC so she takes comfort in the pool boy and mailman until then when she will take half in the divorce settlement........

If they are both cool with that, such is life... as long as kids are well cared for too 

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If they are both cool with that, such is life... as long as kids are well cared for too 

Very true.  Also let’s not discount the possibility that she was just trying to get him out of there so the kids real father could come in and see his newborn. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e78126868ca8f90c51

Despite the above, men and women perform about the same on standardized IQ tests.  However, there is a lot of research out there that men do have a wider distribution of intellectual ability.  There are more male geniuses and idiots. 

There are more male geniuses and idiots.

I tried to make that exact point but was labeled a misogynist. Surprised I was not labeled racist and a white nationalist as well. Those all seem to go hand in hand these days when relaying facts some people do not like...

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e78126868ca8f90c51

Despite the above, men and women perform about the same on standardized IQ tests.  However, there is a lot of research out there that men do have a wider distribution of intellectual ability.  There are more male geniuses and idiots. 

Thats the point he was making, at least what I read, then oldmanfan said he did research and basically confirmed it so I wasnt sure what they were arguing about after that LOL

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Thats the point he was making, at least what I read, then oldmanfan said he did research and basically confirmed it so I wasnt sure what they were arguing about after that LOL

I wouldn’t say we were arguing.  He used a 1932 study of IQ in Scotland to back up his point which was kind of silly.  More modern research suggests men as a group may be higher at the smart and dumb extremes of the curve.  The question is why and whether it would have to do with environment and not some inherent difference. I woulda still say that when one states women have to know what they’re getting into sounds misogynistic, but he clarified that a bit.  So we were just discussing.

Regardless of anything else I think Gase is a jerk for walking out so quick right after his child is born.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Very true.  Also let’s not discount the possibility that she was just trying to get him out of there so the kids real father could come in and see his newborn. 

Lol, I did not take that into consideration.

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

You know what else is common knowledge in intelligence research? IQ tests are NOT a valid measure of intelligence. They're a grossly oversimplified measure of certain cognitive abilities.

They're the closest we have to an overall g and people will show strengths and weaknesses within the subcategories of those tests.  The most reputable standardized cognitive tests (WJ, WAIS) have a high degree of validity and reliability.  What it can't measure is the entire complexity of the human thought process.

22 hours ago, McBean said:

Gase is obsessed with football.

Some people’s priorities in life are different. Apparently, family isn’t #1.

Millions of people are that way, and they certainly aren't limited to the field of athletics.