Jets Gase ask wife "you good?" right after giving birth and then leaving

Gase is living off Manning.

Just like every coach to leave New England is living off Brady and Belichick.  Not a single one has done a dam thing without Brady at QB and Belichick as the head coach.  The closest is Dimitroff in Atlanta.  He has built a contender but has picked losers for head coaches. 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but the profile is all about what a great guy he is and how fantastic and supportive he is of all his players and assistant coaches and their families.

To me, if a guy is like that with his wife, it shows his "supportiveness" stems from a desire to manipulate people by showing support, and not from a base of being a genuine caring concerned man>  If you're genuinely caring and concerned, then you "get it" that, you know, wives are people too and need support around difficult life events like surgery and childbirth.

I would disagree with that. I don't think you can assume his kindness is manipulative.

To me it just looks like severely skewed priorities. To me he 's handling the players right but seriously underperforming at home.

Males & females have different priorities in life.  If you look at the bell curves for male/female intelligence for example, there are surely more dumb males out there than females, there are also many more genius males as opposed to genius females. The same holds true for crazy people who are willing to work a stupid amount of hours on careers/passion projects.  There are a lot more men who are willing to spend/waste? their lives on things society may not deem all that constructive etc.  I mean, how constructive to human kind is a football coach? Sometimes however these crazy people who are wasting their lives away on a crackpot project just happen to invent something that benefits society long after their boring or miserable lives have ended.

Not saying Gase is a genius coach, but he fits the profile of a crazy workaholic , and this c-section story is no surprise really.  I could imagine Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk reacting the same way to their wives suffering through a C-section, "welp, you good?, I have to get back to work!" Women who marry these types of men should know what they are getting themselves into.

3 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

Males & females have different priorities in life.  If you look at the bell curves for male/female intelligence for example, there are surely more dumb males out there than females, there are also many more genius males as opposed to genius females. The same holds true for crazy people who are willing to work a stupid amount of hours on careers/passion projects.  There are a lot more men who are willing to spend/waste? their lives on things society may not deem all that constructive etc.  I mean, how constructive to human kind is a football coach? Sometimes however these crazy people who are wasting their lives away on a crackpot project just happen to invent something that benefits society long after their boring or miserable lives have ended.

Not saying Gase is a genius coach, but he fits the profile of a crazy workaholic , and this c-section story is no surprise really.  I could imagine Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk reacting the same way to their wives suffering through a C-section, "welp, you good?, I have to get back to work!" Women who marry these types of men should know what they are getting themselves into.

No job or anything constitutes leaving while your wife's insides are still laying outside her body.

11 hours ago, McBean said:

Gase is obsessed with football.

Some people’s priorities in life are different. Apparently, family isn’t #1.

...probably late for his eye doctor appointment.......the left one is loose...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

Don’t quite agree.  Agree there are some jobs that might demand a guy be available right after a significant family life event, like a birth.  President would be one.  But if a Musk or Bezoa is doing his job right they would have others who can take over for a day.  And certainly a football coach is not one of those jobs.  Gase  is a jerk; stay with your wife.  

And as for women knowing what they’re getting into and claiming that there are less geniuses that are women, you’re sounding  misogynistic.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

And as for women knowing what they’re getting into and claiming that there are less geniuses that are women, you’re sounding  misogynistic.

You are simply wrong, go do some research instead of reacting emotionally. There are statistics to back up the differences between male and female humans.

iq-600x422.jpg

Edited by AllenLongBall

14 minutes ago, AllenLongBall said:

You are simply wrong, go do some research instead of reacting emotionally. There are statistics to back up the differences between males and female humans.

Good scientific research includes looking at all possible explanations for a phenomenon. Stats may show that men have invented more things and made more discoveries than women have, but when you consider that until recently, women weren't expected - or, in many cases, even allowed - to become educated, it stands to reason that the differences are not inherent in the genders, but a consequence of societal norms.

• Like (+1) 1