Jets Gase ask wife "you good?" right after giving birth and then leaving

I saw/read about Arians telling his staff he would fire them if they missed a family event.

You must then model this behavior yourself or your team will not think you are serious.

If Gase does not care about his own family he does not care for yours.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This is kinda messed up to me. I think I'd spend a little more time with the wife and my new born son than 2 seconds after he came out. Apparently Peyton Manning was more important to him I guess. Here's the article,

https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-gase-asks-wife-who-just-gave-birth-you-good-before-leaving-to-meet-peyton-manning-182224074.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

You don't coach in the NFL. Kid won't remember it.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but the profile is all about what a great guy he is and how fantastic and supportive he is of all his players and assistant coaches and their families.

To me, if a guy is like that with his wife, it shows his "supportiveness" stems from a desire to manipulate people by showing support, and not from a base of being a genuine caring concerned man>  If you're genuinely caring and concerned, then you "get it" that, you know, wives are people too and need support around difficult life events like surgery and childbirth.

Ultimately, everyone’s different and if it works for their relationship, it’s hard for me to judge. Plenty of couples out there do things that would never work for me.

its entirely possible he’s a caring guy and his wife’s just not into having a real partner. Sometimes the right people find each other.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

You don't coach in the NFL. Kid won't remember it.

You officially win the absolutely dumbest post of the day sunshine. His wife, I'm sure will remember it.Also it reads to meet with Peyton, not to coach the Jets. I'm sure Peyton would have postponed til the next day, or at least a few hours later after they put his wife's insides back in.  ?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

It was a C-section --holy cow....they barely put her organs back in....Sorry...that's insane.  The woman you love most is laying on a table with her internal organs askew birthing your son....at least hang around until she is sewn up.... there is dedication and then insanity.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know, at least he didn’t say “rub some dirt on it and walk it off!” 

Flesh wound

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

It was a C-section --holy cow....they barely put her organs back in....Sorry...that's insane.  The woman you love most is laying on a table with her internal organs askew birthing your son....at least hang around until she is sewn up.... there is dedication and then insanity.

Flesh wound

I witnessed a couple C-sections. I would not have left that early. She was a mess with internal organs laying on her external body! I was no less of a mess just from watching!  The second time they rolled up a chair for me. Not a bad idea, really. Someone was paying attention to Dad. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I witnessed a couple C-sections. I would not have left that early. She was a mess with internal organs laying on her external body! I was no less of a mess just from watching!  The second time they rolled up a chair for me. Not a bad idea, really. Someone was paying attention to Dad. 

I admire the women in my life greatly.  Their courage, their pain tolerance, their resolve.  We men are truly wussies.  I would be like a half second into labor and call for the epidural.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I admire the women in my life greatly.  Their courage, their pain tolerance, their resolve.  We men are truly wussies.  I would be like a half second into labor and call for the epidural.

It sounds like a reasonable preventative measure somewhere in the second trimester to me! 

My wife has often said that if we had had a girl, she would inform her that hat size in one important criteria in finding the love of your life! 

Bigger is not ALWAYS better! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This is kinda messed up to me. I think I'd spend a little more time with the wife and my new born son than 2 seconds after he came out. Apparently Peyton Manning was more important to him I guess. Here's the article,

https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-gase-asks-wife-who-just-gave-birth-you-good-before-leaving-to-meet-peyton-manning-182224074.html?hl=1&noRedirect=1

My 2nd boy was born this past June and I basically pulled a "you good"? on my wife because I had to go pick up our 1st son (we don't have much help in the area).  

We lived on Hilton Head Island when our kids were born. The first came during the Heritage Golf tournament, the week after the Masters. The wife was in labor for 40 hours. We could have gone home early on, but the traffic made them suggest it was an unnecessary risk.

Anyway,  after a day and a half of labor (that GIANT noggin wasn’t getting out of there without surgery!) I was hanging in the room watching the golf with the doctor. It was Heritage weekend, it’s what you do! Our sports weekend was broken up with “HEY! HEY! HAVING A BABY OVER HERE!!!” 

It was frightening! But I have forgiven her.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ultimately, everyone’s different and if it works for their relationship, it’s hard for me to judge. Plenty of couples out there do things that would never work for me.

its entirely possible he’s a caring guy and his wife’s just not into having a real partner. Sometimes the right people find each other.

Plus, high likelihood she’s not married to him if he isn’t an NFL coach.