Your first Bills game

September 12, 1982

Bills v Chiefs

Bills won 14-9 on a sweltering afternoon. Jimmy Connors won the US Open the same day and I remember watching part of it on a small portable television in a parking lot at Rich.  I went to an earlier Bills home game in ‘80 or ‘81 but I can’t recall the date. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it must have been 1975, November 17 Bills lost 33-24, but I remember OJ running for a lot of yards and Denis Shaw was the QB.  I was a relatively warm fall day at the old rock pile. I would have been 11 years old.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I think it must have been 1975, November 17 Bills lost 33-24, but I remember OJ running for a lot of yards and Denis Shaw was the QB.  I was a relatively warm fall day at the old rock pile. I would have been 11 years old.

If it was at the rock pile it was 72 or earlier.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills Dolphins 9/7/1980

My Dad found the one thing he and I could share together and introduced me to it the day we beat the Fins for the first time in a decade.

What I remember:

Adults, all around me, absolutely losing their minds in a way I had never witnessed in my 9 years. Instantly hooked.

Thanks Dad!

• Like (+1) 3

November, 1994. Bills - Packers. Bills won couldn’t tell you the score. What really sticks out in my mind...

Some drunk fins fan started going off, talking smack, etc. He stood up on his seat yelling, and then, like mana from the sky,  a full beer can came flying down from the seats above, KO’d him, and he tumbled from his “pulpit”. Security then dragged him out with no questions about the KO. ?

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 1

Not sure if this was my first Bills game but my first major memory; Bills - Cowboys 1984

Was freezing and the Bills were up 7-3 but Dallas was driving and my dad wanted to beat the traffic out of the stadium and he assumed it was a loss anyway.  Whilst navigating through the parking lot he turn on the radio just in time to hear the bills had just scored to go up 14-3 and that would eventually lead to our first win of the season in week 12; he started pounding his fists on the steering wheel angrily saying "we missed the win, we missed the win...".

I've lived in the buffalo area from 1977 and had been a fan since then, my father was big into football so it's possible i'd been to a game earlier (i've seen pictures of myself and my dad being at Raiders games when we lived in NorCal when i was 6.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Say When... said:

Not sure if this was my first Bills game but my first major memory; Bills - Cowboys 1984

Was freezing and the Bills were up 7-3 but Dallas was driving and my dad wanted to beat the traffic out of the stadium and he assumed it was a loss anyway.  Whilst navigating through the parking lot he turn on the radio just in time to hear the bills had just scored to go up 14-3 and that would eventually lead to our first win of the season in week 12; he started pounding his fists on the steering wheel angrily saying "we missed the win, we missed the win...".

I've lived in the buffalo area from 1977 and had been a fan since then, my father was big into football so it's possible i'd been to a game earlier (i've seen pictures of myself and my dad being at Raiders games when we lived in NorCal when i was 6.

I was at that game as a young lad. It was the only game that year where I remember there being lots of people and most of them were Dallas fans. It was great.

Don't remember the year but my first home game was a preseason tilt vs. Green Bay in the mid 70s.  It was at Rich so had to be '73 or later.

My first regular season home game was opening day '79 vs. the Fish, when Dempsey missed a game-winner, but I was lucky enough to be back at the stadium three weeks later to see the Jerry Butler explosion against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, bbb said:

it's always my first thought when people ask Best Bills Game Ever?  

Crazy that I remember almost every one of everybody's first games.  

I was there too.....and concur and the crowd went absolutely NUTS at the end  I was in the scoreboard endzone and it was literally shaking with people jumping up and down SCREAMING...Ahmad Rashad baby! lol great memory most electric game Ive ever attended. Bills-Raiders have had some great games in Orchard Park...51-3 anyone? ?

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, muppy said:

I was there too.....and concur and the crowd went absolutely NUTS at the end  I was in the scoreboard endzone and it was literally shaking with people jumping up and down SCREAMING...Ahmad Rashad baby! lol great memory most electric game Ive ever attended. Bills-Raiders have had some great games in Orchard Park...51-3 anyone? ?

Don't forget the quirky 29-23 playoff win in the freezing cold, 94 I think

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Say When... said:

I remember that day. I was fishing in Ellicott Creek and my Mom came to pick me up. I turned on the radio when I got in the car and they had won....which was a shock.

1998: Patriots at Bills

Bills won 13-10

At the height of Flutie Mania. I was 12 years old. We went for my Uncle's birthday. Kelly retired 2 years earlier and I just remember being happy to finally see Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed play

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bbb said:

it's always my first thought when people ask Best Bills Game Ever?  

Crazy that I remember almost every one of everybody's first games.  

just listen to the crowd I love the intros Great youtube #fandemionium #LOUD #Goodkarma #GOBILLS

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, muppy said:

JUST FREEZE BABY lol ^5

Was that the game half the toilets went out in the stadium and everyone was just leaking on the walls along the concourses?

I know that was the game we had to keep our keg in the car, with the heat on so it wouldn’t freeze- true story!

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Was that the game half the toilets went out in the stadium and everyone was just leaking on the walls along the concourses?

I know that was the game we had to keep our keg in the car, with the heat on so it wouldn’t freeze- true story!

Im guessing YES I found this...…. https://www.buffalobills.com/video/highlights-bills-coldest-game-ever-12440307  

• Thank you (+1) 1