Your first Bills game

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

It may have been the worst Bills game of all time.  Early 80s, Monday Night game versus the Jets.  The Bills were BAD and the play on the field was ugly.  There was no limit of beer sales and by halftime drunk Bills fans were turning surly.  There were fights all over the stadium and full cups of beer were being thrown all over the place.  Anyone who got out of there that night without wreaking of bad beer had to have been wearing a disposable rain parka, and the weather was dry.

That’s sounds lovely! I can see how you could get hooked after an evening like THAT!    ?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, muppy said:

Awesome find Brother!!!!! Thanks

I was there, drunk as a pig but I was there?

I was also at the Jets game that was one of the other coldest Bills games. 

We were spoiled by those teams, hopefully we are at the beginning of a new golden age.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, scribo said:

Bills 27 - Stinkin' Fish 0

Nov 29, 1987

Miami went into the game favored by 1.5

First Miami shutout by any team in five years.

Dan Marino  13 of 28 for 165 - 0 - 3 (eventually pulled in the 4thQ)

Jim Kelly 15 of 21 for 217 - 2 - 0

Went to that game, and then saw Wayne Gretzky and the Oilers that night at the Aud. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

It may have been the worst Bills game of all time.  Early 80s, Monday Night game versus the Jets.  The Bills were BAD and the play on the field was ugly.  There was no limit of beer sales and by halftime drunk Bills fans were turning surly.  There were fights all over the stadium and full cups of beer were being thrown all over the place.  Anyone who got out of there that night without wreaking of bad beer had to have been wearing a disposable rain parka, and the weather was dry.

Sounds like the '83 game.  That's a totally apt description.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Awesome find Brother!!!!! Thanks

I was there, drunk as a pig but I was there?

I was also at the Jets game that was one of the other coldest Bills games. 

We were spoiled by those teams, hopefully we are at the beginning of a new golden age.

lol sister ? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Bills vs Eagles

Dec 27, 1987

700 level of Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA

We lost, 7-17.  I remember my dad remarking that the Bills' QB (Kelly) kept hitting his receivers in the hands & they were dropping everything.  I also recall fearing for the safety of the one antagonistic Bills' fan, who was pelted with numerous half-filled beers.  We finished 7-8 that season (strike), but we'd make the AFC Championship game the following year.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Bills vs Eagles

Dec 27, 1987

700 level of Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA

We lost, 7-17.  I remember my dad remarking that the Bills' QB (Kelly) kept hitting his receivers in the hands & they were dropping everything.  I also recall fearing for the safety of the one antagonistic Bills' fan, who was pelted with numerous half-filled beers.  We finished 7-8 that season (strike), but we'd make the AFC Championship game the following year.

Wasn't that the game where Bennett made like every tackle?

42 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Probably-  I just looked it up saw & he had 4 sacks in that game.  None of it rings a bell, but it was 30+ years ago.

October 7, 1973

Bills v. Eagles

I have lots of memories of that game, but no need to list them when you can watch it.  Great thread.  Without it, I never would have googled the game and come across this old NFL Films Game of the Week.    

• Like (+1) 1

11/1/93

Redskins at Buffalo

Bills win 24-10

I remember tons of snow, and I was freezing. Granted it was only November 1st so it probably wasn't that bad but I was pretty young and I remember it being really cold.

Also remember Andre Reed's TD. I just checked his game log and he went off for 7-159-1 in this game. Beast.

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes.  I thought he wasn't going to be the greatest defensive player of all time.  He was insane that game. 

August 17, 1973. First preseason game (and first game) at what was then called Rich Stadium. Washington Redskins were the opponent. Missed the first quarter and part of the second quarter because of traffic issues.  Don't remember the score, but it seemed to be a one-sided game in favor of the skins.

4 minutes ago, notwoz said:

August 17, 1973. First preseason game (and first game) at what was then called Rich Stadium. Washington Redskins were the opponent. Missed the first quarter and part of the second quarter because of traffic issues.  Don't remember the score, but it seemed to be a one-sided game in favor of the skins.

We were in that same traffic. The County Fair also opened that night so it was a mess. We could see the lights of the stadium from the thruway bridge while listening to kickoff return call on the radio. Ahh memories!

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, papazoid said:

was at rockpile, i was very young, maybe 8 , my two uncles took me.

what i remember most was we parked in a neighborhood driveway, played the jets, the field was muddy and a pillar blocked my view.

then i started collecting coca-cola ? bottle caps with player likeness 

i'm still hooked....+33  year STH

I did the same collecting of Coke bottle caps.  It was a great contest to fill out the sheets.

My buddy and I each got footballs after collecting "X" number of sheets.