Your first Bills game

4 minutes ago, tbarg12 said:

Bills @ Cowboys 11/09/2003 (Grew up in Dallas)

Cowboys 10-6 

I was 12 years old, but remember being excited to watch Travis Henry in person and my family being pretty disappointed in Bledsoe (specifically my dad lol).

I remember that game more than any other in the Bledsoe era.  Parcell's literally would send everyone, jail breaker blitz and we had no idea how to stop it or counter it....all game long.

• Like (+1) 2

Early 70s - Rich Stadium was pretty new. I was around ten, so I don't remember much about the game, to be honest, but I was really excited to see my favorite running back. I think his name was Orenthal something or other.

I come from a family of Browns' fans (the Bills didn't exist when Dad and my older siblings were young), but I liked the Bills, so my sister and brother-in-law took me to a few Bills games. (They also took me to some Braves and Sabres games at The Aud.)

• Like (+1) 1

1981 home game...Bills beat Jets 31-0. Ferguson, Cribbs, Butler and Lewis. Lawrence McCutcheon came in late for mop up work.  The Bermuda Triangle was intact. I witnessed several drunken fights in the stands!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 3

My first game was the Bills very first home game. I don't remember who we were playing (I was 9). But I DO remember my first sight of the field, I remember buying fresh roasted peanuts from a cart on Best. I remember my Dad telling me they used to run stock car races in the stadium "back in the day". I remember the greatest day in my life spent with my Dad and older brothers.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember that game more than any other in the Bledsoe era.  Parcell's literally would send everyone, jail breaker blitz and we had no idea how to stop it or counter it....all game long.

Yeah I remember him getting hurried and sacked a bunch, the score being 10-6 looks like it was a tough day for both offenses. 

Date: Nov 8, 1970

Against: Bengals at the Rockpile

Score: Bengals 43, Bills 14

What I remember:

This was just after my 8th birthday and I'm pretty sure the tickets were at least part of my birthday present.  We sat in the 2nd row behind the Bills bench.  

In the 2nd quarter, OJ scored for us to take a 14-13 lead.  The Bengals returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD.  OJ returned their kickoff, and got his knee shredded.  They carried him off the field right in front of us.

2621FBAA00000578-2975911-image-a-20_1425

The Bills did nothing the rest of the game, OJ was out for the rest of the season, and we didn't win another game until Nov 28 the next season.  That's right, we went over a year without a win.  It's probably my fault now that I think about it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197011080buf.htm

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 4

1980 versus the Jets at home. It was the earlier game and wasn't terribly cold that day. I only remember that I liked Joe Cribbs after that day and that I went from being a closet Steelers fan due to their dominance in the 70's to becoming a raging Bills fan and never looked back. 

• Like (+1) 3

Colts vs. Bills, 1997. Early in the season. I was seven years old. The thing about that game I remember, is we were down 26-0 in the second quarter. Bills came back to win late on a big run by Antowain Smith to take the lead late in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ajmac said:

1980 versus the Jets at home. It was the earlier game and wasn't terribly cold that day. I only remember that I liked Joe Cribbs after that day and that I went from being a closet Steelers fan due to their dominance in the 70's to becoming a raging Bills fan and never looked back. 

Cribbs wasn't the fastest guy, but he was really shifty and quick...he made things happen!

17 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Date: Nov 8, 1970

Against: Bengals at the Rockpile

Score: Bengals 43, Bills 14

What I remember:

This was just after my 8th birthday and I'm pretty sure the tickets were at least part of my birthday present.  We sat in the 2nd row behind the Bills bench.  

In the 2nd quarter, OJ scored for us to take a 14-13 lead.  The Bengals returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD.  OJ returned their kickoff, and got his knee shredded.  They carried him off the field right in front of us.

The Bills did nothing the rest of the game, OJ was out for the rest of the season, and we didn't win another game until Nov 28 the next season.  That's right, we went over a year without a win.  It's probably my fault now that I think about it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197011080buf.htm

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I remember those years as a kid. Hand the ball to OJ...and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 2