Your first Bills game

Year: 1994

Against: Chiefs

Score: 44-10 Bills

What you remember:

One play that sticks out is Kelly threw and short out to Reed who took it down the field for about 30-40 yards.

Bennett had a sack coming off the edge.

I got to see both Joe Montana and Marcus Allen.  Allen scored on a 1 yard TD.  I can't remember what Montana did.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Year:  1992

Against:  @ New England (I grew up in Maine so we were only about 4 hours from Patriots stadium)

Score:  41-7 Bills

What you remember:

I remember, almost nothing lol (I was 13 and it's been a few years since that game).  I remember that beating the Patriots back then was like the Patriots beating the Bills now :(

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

November 8, 1992

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199211080buf.htm

Bills 28, Steelers 20

I remember seeing on NFL gameday a feature on Kelso getting so many interceptions and me not believing it was already week 10.  Also I remember Jim Kelly being awesome.  I remember the DUTY FREE jingle on the PA.

I was 14.  My father hates the Bills and NFL so I never had a chance to go.  A friend of the family took me and a friend, I was pretty star-struck.  

**I did go to the Rockpile a hundred times to watch the Bisons and a few other events (I think I saw a Buff State vs Canisius football game there)

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 3

Year: 1997

Against: Denver at RICH STADIUM

Score: DEN 23 - BUF 20 (OT)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199710260buf.htm

I remember it being cold, windy and rainy.  I also remember being TOTALLY unprepared for said weather.  Attended the game with my buddy who was a Broncos fan.  I met a girl the weekend prior.  She was friends with my buddy's girlfriend.  I ended up bringing the girl I'd just met; girls went shopping while we were at the game.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Year: 1994

Against: Chiefs

Score: 44-10 Bills

What you remember:

One play that sticks out is Kelly threw and short out to Reed who took it down the field for about 30-40 yards.

Bennett had a sack coming off the edge.

I got to see both Joe Montana and Marcus Allen.  Allen scored on a 1 yard TD.  I can't remember what Montana did.

My first game too!!! Took a metro bus from South Campus to OP with my mom and my brother.  Literally sat in the last row of the stadium, didn’t tailgate (super young so it won’t have been fun anyways), frozen my face off, and had the time of my life.

when you start off seeing your favorite team go to the SB, your standards get raised a bit.  Basically I started with a supermodel and now have to pretend 5s are hot.  ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I remember fighting with my sister over who could go the the Rockpile to see the Raiders. The season tix had just arrived and we started with only 2, but went to 4 seats a year or two later. I remember the first time I ever walked into the stadium, but don’t remember who we played at the first game. It was mid-60’s (LOOOOOONG time ago!), and I was just a kid. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

My first game too!!! Took a metro bus from South Campus to OP with my mom and my brother.  Literally sat in the last row of the stadium, didn’t tailgate (super young so it won’t have been fun anyways), frozen my face off, and had the time of my life.

when you start off seeing your favorite team go to the SB, your standards get raised a bit.  Basically I started with a supermodel and now have to pretend 5s are hot.  ?

I was 12 at the time.  We were in the upper deck, midfield.  I was surprised how good the view was that high.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was a Pats game at Rich Stadium. It was cold, windy, and snowing. The Bills lost. I think it was 1993 or 1994.

Whenever I think about Rich stadium, I think of a drunk Bills fan I saw at a Bill bar years ago.

He was trying to tell everyone that Rich Stadium was named after Frank Reich because of the comeback game.  He thought Reich was spelled like "Rich".  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

January 3rd, 2010 (end of 2009 season) Week 17 v. Colts. Win 30-7.

Snow game 1. I had to shovel the driveway to get out, then the drive took twice as long. We were at the top of the stadium, wind and snow blowing on us the whole game. Colts only played their starters half way. I got nachos and my jalapeño slices froze. 

• Like (+1) 2

NY Jets at home. September 1975.

42 - 14 Buffalo (I had to look up the score - long time ago)

I just remember staring at OJ remembering all the hype.  He scored twice in that game. I also remembering Joe Ferguson running it in and asking my dad if that was legal! Lol

• Like (+1) 2

Saints @ Bills 12/10/1989

Was snowing like a mofo.  I remember the Bills losing, but I forgot the score before looking it up (it was 22-19).  Only play I remember is a long pass TD from Kelly to Lofton.  He caught it at around the 4 or 5 and then slid into the end zone without being touched by the defender.

I remember they handed out little bags to everyone as they entered the gate.  In the bag was a scarf and a mini pack of Marlboro reds ?

• Like (+1) 2

I don't remember the exact game but I was young. I think my dad got free tickets from someone for an early season game in most likely 1984 or 1985 so I was 6-7. It was sunny, we were on the 50, under the overhang (before the club seats were in place). There couldn't have been more than 20k there grand total. The upper decks were devoid of people and so were the endzone seats. I played with binoculars and looked around the entire place; we left long before whatever crappy game was happening ended.

• Like (+1) 2

Patriots 33 Bills 24, November 19th 1989 In Foxborough.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198911190nwe.htm

We were visiting family who lived in Massachusetts at the time for Thanksgiving and I talked my dad taking me to the Bills/Pats game that coincided with the trip.  This was long before I lived in Western New York so a Bills game was a dream come true for me.  As my handle says I've been a fan since '87 but it blossomed into fanaticism when I was 12 years old in that magical '88 season.  So come the summer of '89 when the Massachusetts trip was planned I pestered my Giants fan father in buying tickets to the game and taking the family out to Mass a few days earlier.  This was the very strange "Bickering Bills" season.   We went to the game with my cousin.  The 7-3 Bills jumped out to 24-7 lead on the 3-7 Patriots.  I remember being impressed by how many Bills fans were in the stadium and feeling a little bad for the Patriot kid and his dad sitting right in front of me.  Then it all fell apart.  The Patriots scored the last 26 points of the game.  I was so upset that I didn't even speak walking back to the car and very little on the drive back to my uncles house.

Since then I've been to about 100 plus Bills games, just about all at the stadium, including having a 4 year run as a season ticket holder.  I'll never forget that first game though.  As bitter as it was at the time it's become a very fond memory for me, despite the loss. 

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 2

I barely remember the game and have no idea when exactly it was. I remember it was against the San Francisco 49ers. Buffalo got off to what felt like a big lead and Steve Young/Jerry Rice came back to make it close but Buffalo ultimately held on to win.

• Like (+1) 2

Bills @ Cowboys 11/09/2003 (Grew up in Dallas)

Cowboys 10-6 

I was 12 years old, but remember being excited to watch Travis Henry in person and my family being pretty disappointed in Bledsoe (specifically my dad lol).

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199211080buf.htm

Bills 28, Steelers 20

I remember seeing on NFL gameday a feature on Kelso getting so many interceptions and me not believing it was already week 10.  Also I remember Jim Kelly being awesome

Not my first game but I was at this one too.  Still living in the Adirondacks then, my father and I took a bus out from Utica, NY.  I remember as we got close they put the pregame on the radio and they were singing a song called "Takin' care of Pittsburgh" to the tune of taking care of business.  I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  I believe this was the game a big fight broke out in the scoreboard end zone between Bills and Steelers fans, a few people spilling onto the field? 

• Like (+1) 3