UB Bulls currently on NFL rosters

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Posted this in one of the main forums, but Demone Harris was at my church a few weeks back.  When you see someone that size up close you realize NFL players are pretty much born to be NFL players.  

They are built to be football players

That is what strength and conditioning programs with 7000 calories a day will do for 10+ years

It turns big men into gigantic men. If you think Demone Harris is big imagine a guy like Mario Williams , all 6'6 290 of steel

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

O'Hagen is having a great camp for the Giants. I really wished the Bills drafted him. Could use him at C right now.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Article/James-OHagan-New-York-Giants-offensive-lineman-131903822/

O'Hagan tested really poorly (his RAS is <1) but he was an outstanding MAC center.  I think he has little value other than center and is considered short for the NFL @ 6'1".  I have seen more recent reports on him that were positive but being from LI they might be biased toward him.   Being a NYSPHSAA wrestling champ and 4 year starter at UB makes me biased toward him too.

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

O'Hagan tested really poorly (his RAS is <1) but he was an outstanding MAC center.  I think he has little value other than center and is considered short for the NFL @ 6'1".  I have seen more recent reports on him that were positive but being from LI they might be biased toward him.   Being a NYSPHSAA wrestling champ and 4 year starter at UB makes me biased toward him too.

Besides poor measurables , O'Hagan is a stud and great developmental center

He has good hand technique and is and outstanding pass protector

If he can get stronger and can improve his push in the run game he can be a starter In the league

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Besides poor measurables , O'Hagan is a stud and great developmental center

He has good hand technique and is and outstanding pass protector

If he can get stronger and can improve his push in the run game he can be a starter In the league

Any former UB guys that get some NFL money is good for the current UB guys and recruiting.  I hated playing against short guys because they have a built in leverage advantage but that never seems to work for NFL linemen.  He was very good for UB and any pro success he has is well earned.  

I think we should start feeding the training camp stories into this thread.  Anyone 716 related-- UB players or HS players from WNY who are trying to make a roster or practice squad.  Steve Carlson/Browns, Jake Dolegala and Mason Schrek/Bengals, Qadree Ollison/Falcons, Anthony Johnson/Bucs, Chuck Harris/Bears, O'Hagan/Giants

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Any former UB guys that get some NFL money is good for the current UB guys and recruiting.  I hated playing against short guys because they have a built in leverage advantage but that never seems to work for NFL linemen.  He was very good for UB and any pro success he has is well earned.  

He was better than very good for the Bulls

He didn't allow a sack his SO, JR, SR season

I really thought someone shoulda took a flier on him round 7. I hope he has a long career

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was better than very good for the Bulls

He didn't allow a sack his SO, JR, SR season

I really thought someone shoulda took a flier on him round 7. I hope he has a long career

There was a thread for UBs pro day where I mentioned him as a McDermott kind of player due to his wrestling background.  I think it hurts him more than anything that he does project as a C/G, interior lineman.  Just being a center makes it tough for him to be a rostered backup.

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 6:11 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think we should start feeding the training camp stories into this thread.  Anyone 716 related-- UB players or HS players from WNY who are trying to make a roster or practice squad.  Steve Carlson/Browns, Jake Dolegala and Mason Schrek/Bengals, Qadree Ollison/Falcons, Anthony Johnson/Bucs, Chuck Harris/Bears, O'Hagan/Giants

Steven Carlson signed to the 53 man roster off the Brown's practice squad today.  I'd say they plan on playing him vs. the Broncos because he would be their 3rd tight end due to Pharaoh Brown in concussion protocol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.