Shady's combined yards from scrimmage in 2019...predictions?

eball

What will Shady's combined yardage total be in 2019?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will Shady's combined yardage total be in 2019?

• 750 yards or more
    • fewer than 750 yards

Castillo is one of the worst O-Line coaches that I have ever seen. Our O-Line had zero depth, zero star players and zero discipline. I'm amazed Shady even got the yardage that he did, he was making people miss before he even got to the LOS. I think Gore will vulture some TD's but behind this O-Line I can see Shady getting 1,200 rushing and 300 receiving with 8 total TD's. I'm hoping we use Shady like the Saints use Kamara.

4 hours ago, wnysteel said:

touche, i just think he's earning too much and we have too much invested in RB bench depth to keep him around. i guess that was my point. for the amount he's earning, yards from scrimmage should start at 1500. i just don't see it. 

I don’t know if 1500 is the magic number but all these sub 1000 predictions sure sound like endorsements to not just trade him but cut him if we don’t receive offers. 

and I don’t think most realize that.

1000 yards from scrimmage at a glance appears to be 24th among running backs last year. we can’t have that be the “up” year for a guy that’s top 5 compensation at his position. 

4 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Used to be a no brainer. If McCoy is once again featured and the OL is what it appears to be...then 1000-1250 would not be unreasonable. I just feel that he had a down year in 2018.

That should be the minimum expectation, not a reasonable aspiration, for a guy in his pay grade

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t know if 1500 is the magic number but all these sub 1000 predictions sure sound like endorsements to not just trade him but cut him if we don’t receive offers. 

1000 yards from scrimmage at a glance appears to be 24th among running backs last year. we can’t have that be the “up” year for a guy that’s top 5 compensation at his position. 

Doesn't really matter TBH... If he gets 1k I can easily bet Gore is getting good numbers and Singletary going to be good also.

Bills have too many good RBs and also McCoys money is Moot since they don't need it in any way. Top 5 doesn't matter, I will take playoffs b.c if McCoy is getting 1k this year this team is playoff bound.

Edited by Boca BIlls

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That should be the minimum expectation, not a reasonable aspiration, for a guy in his pay grade

I still think McCoy will be an effective back. As for pay grade? We have to factor in the possible emergence of Singletary.

7 hours ago, elijah said:

I don’t see Shady returning to elite form, but I think the improved offensive line will help him bounce back to around 800 rushing yards and 6 rushing touchdowns on about 4 per carry.  While he doesn’t have the top end speed, he still displayed the agility that he makes his living on last year. 

Including receiving yards makes this easy to vote over.  For rushing only, over/under 750 makes sense for the number. 

I think Josh will learn to check down more, and that points towards the over (as long as he’s healthy and the hammy’s are cooperating). 

I read this as 750 or more yards rushing. Reading comprehension is apparently not my strong suit. I voted accordingly as fewer than 750. In light of accurately reading the post, if he had 752 all purpose yards last year there is no way he gets less than that. I don’t see greater than 750 rushing yards though. 

6 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Doesn't really matter TBH... If he gets 1k I can easily bet Gore is getting good numbers and Singletary going to be good also.

Bills have too many good RBs and also McCoys money is Moot since they don't need it in any way. Top 5 doesn't matter, I will take playoffs b.c if McCoy is getting 1k this year this team is playoff bound.

If you think he’s that player I’m all for paying him but many of these predictions are rather replaceable. If you think he’s an 800 yard guy that’s losing carries to gore, singletary and yeldon he’s got to go and you spend that cash on upgrading something else.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If you think he’s that player I’m all for paying him but many of these predictions are rather replaceable. If you think he’s an 800 yard guy that’s losing carries to gore, singletary and yeldon he’s got to go and you spend that cash on upgrading something else.

Don't need the cash... That is something you don't understand. What the hell can they upgrade? You cash mongers are so horrible with this crap.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Don't need the cash... That is something you don't understand. What the hell can they upgrade? You cash mongers are so horrible with this crap.

This isn't a question of performance vs money unless this has some basis in trading McCoy or any other rumor floating around.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Ironically, I’m one of the loudest “spend the money” guys on the entire board. So swing and miss there.

You cant pay a RB top 5 starter money for multiple years to get bottom 5 starter stats. I’m not sure whether he’s that guy but many in this thread are predicting it as an ok outcome.

I’d be glad to look at a trade at TE (brate, Rudolph?), maybe contribute towards a Trent Williams deal. Or who knows who shakes loose the next few weeks. Would you be upset to add a solid vet depth linebacker and look hard at pass catchers?

We should be willing to overspend for guys. We should not be overspending on shady unless he can differentiate himself from the 3 other backs. 

14 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

This isn't a question of performance vs money unless this has some basis in trading McCoy or any other rumor floating around.

Frankly, it is a cash issue in that you don’t pay a guy to be a top 5 running back unless you think he’s at least top half of the league or you are crippled by lack of depth. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Ironically, I’m one of the loudest “spend the money” guys on the entire board. So swing and miss there.

You cant pay a RB top 5 starter money for multiple years to get bottom 5 starter stats. I’m not sure whether he’s that guy but many in this thread are predicting it as an ok outcome.

I’d be glad to look at a trade at TE (brate, Rudolph?), maybe contribute towards a Trent Williams deal. Or who knows who shakes loose the next few weeks. Would you be upset to add a solid vet depth linebacker and look hard at pass catchers?

We should be willing to overspend for guys. We should not be overspending on shady unless he can differentiate himself from the 3 other backs. 

Frankly, it is a cash issue in that you don’t pay a guy to be a top 5 running back unless you think he’s at least top half of the league or you are crippled by lack of depth. 

Ok, I just think this is Josh Allen's important step year. He needs as healthy of a cast of people around him. I would rather have McCoy, Gore, Singletary as my starting three for Allen. 

I doubt anyone is really offering anything good for McCoy. Beane won't get rid of high draft picks either. So this seems to be the best situation. One year use McCoy up and ship him out when the ride is over. Next year Singletary will be #1.

36 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We are seeing more and more of this in sports in general and it is an old story. Many players are being paid far out of proportion for their performance. In the case of McCoy, he is in his twilight and the Bills may feel they have their money's worth if he is productive this year and helps them win games, and to serve as mentor for Singletary. Next year they can move on.

Edited by Rocket94

11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Ok, I just think this is Josh Allen's important step year. He needs as healthy of a cast of people around him. I would rather have McCoy, Gore, Singletary as my starting three for Allen. 

I doubt anyone is really offering anything good for McCoy. Beane won't get rid of high draft picks either. So this seems to be the best situation. One year use McCoy up and ship him out when the ride is over. Next year Singletary will be #1.

I definitely agree with stocking the cupboard for Allen. You’ll note that I’m only making this point with the condition that many seem to think shady has taken a step back and the first two options to spend the money were swapping a pick for a proven starter at RT or TE. If anything I might be more all in with supporting Allen than even you in this hypothetical.

if someone thinks he’s a 1250 yard guy, and gores totally done... you keep McCoy. But as an 800 yard guy with extremely limited touches because we have great depth? Nope. That can’t be the plan/expectation. 

Edited by NoSaint

8 hours ago, wnysteel said:

i don't think he sees 500 total yards. here is why:

1) if he starts out hot, he's going to get traded (for anything)

2) if he starts out cold, he will get cut or sat down

prove me wrong but i don't see any other options

If he starts out hot we would trade him?

Why?

Aren’t we trying to win or would a 4th or 5th round pick be too tempting instead of a good season for the team?

I think I just proved you wrong.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

Over 1,300 all purpose yards. +1,000 rushing/+300 receiving.

Shady is no where near done. He's angry; he's motivated; he's now got a legitimate line in front of him and a stable QB position; he's got Frank to push him and Singletary to hold off; he doesn't have any off-field issues hanging over his head this year; and with as few carries as he had last year, his legs should be fresh; he still wants 12,000 career yards, but his goals are now more team oriented. Gonna be a big year for LeSean. The other RBs will definitely get their touches, especially on certain weeks depending on opponent, but McCoy is still the unquestionable #1 RB and I think he will prove that he hasn't slowed down yet.