Shady's combined yards from scrimmage in 2019...predictions?

eball

What will Shady's combined yardage total be in 2019?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will Shady's combined yardage total be in 2019?

• 750 yards or more
    • fewer than 750 yards

i don't think he sees 500 total yards. here is why:

1) if he starts out hot, he's going to get traded (for anything)

2) if he starts out cold, he will get cut or sat down

prove me wrong but i don't see any other options

1 hour ago, eball said:

Shady receives a good bit of attention around here, and there are a variety of opinions as to whether last year was the year he "lost it" or if he will bounce back in 2019.  Shady had 752 combined yards from scrimmage in 2018 (514 rushing, 238 receiving).  Will he go above or below that number this season?

Assuming he stays on the Bills the whole season and stays healthy:  EASILY the over as I expect him to be near or eclipse 1000 total yards.  I think the plan this year is to fully reestablish the run game to take as much pressure off Allen as possible so he doesn’t have to feel like he has to do too much.  He won’t be a game manager by any means, they will take plenty of shots with him, but the more they can establish the run game the more Josh can get comfortable and take more of what the D gives him.

I personally believe Shady will play this year out here.  I also personally believe Gore and Singletary are going to get some good amount of touches this year too.

But Beane stayed committed to Shady for a reason, and while he will share time rather than dominate the touches, I think he will eclipse 1000 total yards as him and this offense will be quite a bit more effective this year with a vastly improved OL and an improving passing game.

I think Shady puts up 800-900 yards rushing and another 300-400 yards receiving with 6 to 8 combined TDS.

Gore I think puts in about 200 to 400 yards specializing in shorter yardage situations and inside the 10 moments with 3 to 5 TDS himself.  

Singletary I think will be second on the team in rushing and put up 500-700 yards and another 200-300 yards receiving with a couple TDS himself.

McCoys veteran value and relationship with Josh is going to keep him as RB1 and getting probably around 55% of the touches unless he completely falters, which I don’t expect him to falter.

Cant wait to see the preseason come and give us some glimpses of the new OL and rest of offense!

Edited by Alphadawg7

14 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

Well, there's always "he starts hot, and continues playing."

But I'm just spitballing here.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1400 all purpose yards and 7 Tds. 

The tape really does not show a big decline. It shows atrocious blocking. I know the popular view on our oline last year was that it majorly hamstrung Josh Allen and the passing game. While I am not here to tell you the pass blocking was good the reality is that in most games it was only below average. The run blocking in most games on the other hand was the worst in the NFL. Unmitigated disaster level bad. 

I wish I could find that stat but it was one of the WGR guys somehow got a hold of it.

Shady was dead last in the league (those who qualify) for yards before first contact.  Phillip Lindsay was #1 at 3.05 yards.  I think Shady was literally at 1.9 or something like that.

So basically, as soon as he got the handoff....someone was in his face.

16 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

How can we prove you wrong when it's August and the season hasn't started yet?

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I will double your question.  He's gonna surprise the NFL world and produce 1500 yards from scrimmage.

my first thought when i read the question was 1500. I was surprised when i clicked it and it was an over/under of 750. I think he blows it out of the water... only question is by how much.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

I'm optimistic, I say he hits 1000 yds. Somewhere around 800 rushing and 200 receiving. I think the offense will be much improved this year. He'll be sharing carries with Gore and Singletary, so he's unlikely to have a monster season comparable to what he's done in the past. 

I agree because of the platooning he'll do with Gore and Singletary,  Shady should put up 800/200 in his final season for Buffalo. Anything above that is gravy.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Thats terribly pessimistic for a guy top 5 in cash paid and top 3 in cap hit this year. 

That the expectations are so low speaks volumes 

He's also being paid based on past performance. Let's be real, if he were on the open market he wouldn't be getting anywhere near that much. That said, I don't think he's completely done, he's still a capable back, maybe a little less dynamic than during his prime. But given a decent line and a better offense around him I think he can be effective. 

Also, those numbers account for the fact he's got tremendous depth competing for carries in the backfield this season. 

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wish I could find that stat but it was one of the WGR guys somehow got a hold of it.

Shady was dead last in the league (those who qualify) for yards before first contact.  Phillip Lindsay was #1 at 3.05 yards.  I think Shady was literally at 1.9 or something like that.

So basically, as soon as he got the handoff....someone was in his face.

How can we prove you wrong when it's August and the season hasn't started yet?

touche, i just think he's earning too much and we have too much invested in RB bench depth to keep him around. i guess that was my point. for the amount he's earning, yards from scrimmage should start at 1500. i just don't see it. 

4 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

touche, i just think he's earning too much and we have too much invested in RB bench depth to keep him around. i guess that was my point. for the amount he's earning, yards from scrimmage should start at 1500. i just don't see it. 

I do believe in Gunner when he says on tape, it's more about the blocking up front than Shady.

I still see the burst and the wiggle...I just don't see him getting even a hairline of space most of the time.

I don't think 1,500 is out of the question.

I don't believe that Shady is elite anymore and he's sharing the backfield with 3 other RB's.  No way he gets to 500 total yards from scrimmage.  IMO, Singletary will lead all RB's in rushing, while Shady and Yeldon will lead, probably close in receiving yards.  I don't give a ***** how it plays out, as long as they play together and they win.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He is not elite anymore and sharing the backfield with 3 other RB's.  No way he gets to 500 total yards from scrimmage.  IMO, Singletary will lead all RB's in rushing, which Shady and Yeldon will lead, probably close in receiving yards.  I don't give a ***** how it plays out, as long as they play together and they win.

I believe that Shady will have a better year, but as long as they all play well collectively and win...then go for it!

• Like (+1) 1