Shady's combined yards from scrimmage in 2019...predictions?

eball

What will Shady's combined yardage total be in 2019?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will Shady's combined yardage total be in 2019?

• 750 yards or more
    • fewer than 750 yards

Shady receives a good bit of attention around here, and there are a variety of opinions as to whether last year was the year he "lost it" or if he will bounce back in 2019.  Shady had 752 combined yards from scrimmage in 2018 (514 rushing, 238 receiving).  Will he go above or below that number this season?

I don’t see Shady returning to elite form, but I think the improved offensive line will help him bounce back to around 800 rushing yards and 6 rushing touchdowns on about 4 per carry.  While he doesn’t have the top end speed, he still displayed the agility that he makes his living on last year. 

Including receiving yards makes this easy to vote over.  For rushing only, over/under 750 makes sense for the number. 

I'm optimistic, I say he hits 1000 yds. Somewhere around 800 rushing and 200 receiving. I think the offense will be much improved this year. He'll be sharing carries with Gore and Singletary, so he's unlikely to have a monster season comparable to what he's done in the past. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Shady receives a good bit of attention around here, and there are a variety of opinions as to whether last year was the year he "lost it" or if he will bounce back in 2019.  Shady had 752 combined yards from scrimmage in 2018 (514 rushing, 238 receiving).  Will he go above or below that number this season?

I'm gonna go with a bounceback season and he hits 1000+ for the season (i'll venture a guess of 1379), but that's the last gasp. With the crowded backfield, though, I could see him losing yards if Singletary comes on (or the line could be so improved that Singletary and the vets all ball out). 

44 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I'm optimistic, I say he hits 1000 yds. Somewhere around 800 rushing and 200 receiving. I think the offense will be much improved this year. He'll be sharing carries with Gore and Singletary, so he's unlikely to have a monster season comparable to what he's done in the past. 

This is exactly where I'm at.  Shady's not done yet - but he's going to share touches.

And this OL isn't great yet - but it's better than last year.  

47 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Thats terribly pessimistic for a guy top 5 in cash paid and top 3 in cap hit this year. 

That the expectations are so low speaks volumes 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

He had (10) different games with (10) or fewer rushes last year and no o-line to speak of. On top of that everyone was keying on him knowing we had the worst group of WRs in the league and a Rookie QB. If he got 752 last year with all that stacked against him, barring a major injury, he'll easily top that this year. I have a feeling were going to see a very different & a very motivated Shady this year.

1400 all purpose yards and 7 Tds. 

The tape really does not show a big decline. It shows atrocious blocking. I know the popular view on our oline last year was that it majorly hamstrung Josh Allen and the passing game. While I am not here to tell you the pass blocking was good the reality is that in most games it was only below average. The run blocking in most games on the other hand was the worst in the NFL. Unmitigated disaster level bad. 

• Like (+1) 2

I still think theres a legit chance hes not on the roster come week 1.  Bills sace $6.5 M by cutting him and that savings can be rolled into next years cap.

His production doesnt come close to meeting his production, so I think cutting him is best for the Bills.  If anything I thiink the RB production goes up this season without him.

So Ill take the under if its How many yards specifically for the Bills.