This Robert Kraft, what a whack job.

Tipster19

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..any particular reason as to why you feel commissioned or empowered as to what the hell Bob Kraft does with his money or life?...seriously?????....jealousy?.....solely Pats bias?....how many other 78 year old billionaire "life enjoying" widowers have escaped your radar with no comment?....naw you're not biased.......and you want to be credible?....SMH...

My dad is a 68 year-old “life enjoying widower” so I take GREAT offense to that.

If Terry Pegula was dancing on stage with Cardi B I would say the EXACT same thing. Not sure why you have your panties in such a bunch about this?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...are we REALLY that effed up that berating a 78 yer old widower is having some fun in his life?.....or is it solely reserved because he's the Pats owner?........can we be sinking that low and that fast?.......testament to a societal mess and save the cheater crap......SMH.......

People have always had opinions on what others say and do. Gossip and chatter are as old as mankind. Attributing the fact that I find Kraft’s antics funny and disingenuous are not a “testament to a societal mess”. It’s simply some of our opinions. He can do whatever he wants, but pretending to be young and hip simply wouldn't be style. That’s probably why I find it off putting. 

30 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

People have always had opinions on what others say and do. Gossip and chatter are as old as mankind. Attributing the fact that I find Kraft’s antics funny and disingenuous are not a “testament to a societal mess”. It’s simply some of our opinions. He can do whatever he wants, but pretending to be young and hip simply wouldn't be style. That’s probably why I find it off putting. 

Why are you saying he is pretend to be young and hip? I mean its not like he is wearing a backwards hat with his pants down showing off his underwear. He is just doing the old guy snoopy dance and fist bumping Bon Jovi (who is 56 BTW so no spring chicken either).

Looks like he is just having fun to me.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..any particular reason as to why you feel commissioned or empowered as to what the hell Bob Kraft does with his money or life?...seriously?????....jealousy?.....solely Pats bias?....how many other 78 year old billionaire "life enjoying" widowers have escaped your radar with no comment?....naw you're not biased.......and you want to be credible?....SMH...

Reasons why I feel entitled to judge Robert Kraft:

1) "Google" Robert Kraft sneakers

2) He owns the Pats

3) "Google" Robert Kraft sneakers

7 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Why are you saying he is pretend to be young and hip? I mean its not like he is wearing a backwards hat with his pants down showing off his underwear. He is just doing the old guy snoopy dance and fist bumping Bon Jovi (who is 56 BTW so no spring chicken either).

4) "Google" Robert Kraft sneakers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, steven50 said:

https://youtu.be/T8Dii5ZG3-A

12 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I could see your point if he looked like he was taking it seriously but it looks to me like he is just playing around and having fun.

I really dont see why that would bother anyone.

I hear you. Personally, I just find it gross that he gets to run around having fun after getting busted at a spa in Fla with no worries. If a star player committed the same act, they’d pay a steep price with both league discipline and public opinion. He’s worried about freeing Meek Mill, yet the players in his league receive treatment that hold them to different behavioral standards than ownership. I don’t really care about the spa garbage, I just think it accentuates some unfair standards that players are held to. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I could see your point if he looked like he was taking it seriously but it looks to me like he is just playing around and having fun.

I really dont see why that would bother anyone.

No, he thinks that he fits in (hence his own sneaker line). He thinks that he is “in” that group. He’s not. There are a few owners in sports that can fit in that scene and he’s not one (regardless of how bad he wants to be). Mark Cuban (although he’s almost aging out) and Michael Rubin come to mind. Rubin is 45 and grew up in this culture and generation. It’s not fake when he is hanging out with Meek Mill. When a 78 year-old Bob Kraft is with Cardi B and/or Meek Mill it is to prove to everyone that he’s young and hip. He’s not. You never see the Virginia McCasky at Lollapalooza. We all have a lane to stay in and SHOULD be self-aware enough to know where we belong.

You can have fun and be cool regardless of your age. I have a friend that I work with that’s 23 and is always trying to get me to hang out. He’s in the middle of the social scene at all times. I’m 38 and it’s really weird if I go hang in his circle. It’s a bunch of kids recently out of college on their parent’s health insurance. We are in TOTALLY different places. I don’t belong. I’m out and having fun all of the time but in a crowd that’s 32-45 or so. That’s the environment that I belong in. 

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I hear you. Personally, I just find it gross that he gets to run around having fun after getting busted at a spa in Fla with no worries. If a star player committed the same act, they’d pay a steep price with both league discipline and public opinion. He’s worried about freeing Meek Mill, yet the players in his league receive treatment that hold them to different behavioral standards than ownership. I don’t really care about the spa garbage, I just think it accentuates some unfair standard that players are held to. 

I just think that he’s fake af. He so desperately needs the “cool kids” appreciation that it comes across as ridiculous. A “cool” 78 year-old is way different than a “cool” 28 year-old. Each is fine but when a 78 year-old tries to be the 28 year-old they get laughed at. It’s the Steve Buscemi gif. That’s why that gif is funny.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

I saw the thread title and thought oh No what's he done now.....and see it was just the usual..not much story here yet Im waiting to hear whatever happens with that strip mall massage parlor case out of Florida he'll weasel out of it how much u wanna bet..the best defense money can buy......TCK.

https://deadspin.com/when-the-robert-kraft-case-fell-apart-the-women-were-l-1834857778

So far, Kraft’s decision to turn down a plea deal and fight has paid off. Key video evidence in the case has been thrown out, as has evidence from the traffic stop used to identify Kraft, and the entire case seems poised to fall apart unless an appeals court decides to weigh in.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, he thinks that he fits in (hence his own sneaker line). He thinks that he is “in” that group. He’s not. There are a few owners in sports that can fit in that scene and he’s no talent one (regardless of how bad he wants to be). Mark Cuban (although he’s almost aging out) and Michael Rubin come to mind. Rubin is 45 and grew up in this culture and generation. It’s not fake when he is hanging out with Meek Mill. When a 78 year-old Bob Kraft is with Cardi B and/or Meek Mill it is to prove to everyone that he’s young and hip. He’s not. You never see the Virginia McCasky at Lollapalooza. We all have a lane to stay in and SHOULD be self-aware enough to know where we belong.

You can have fun and be cool regardless of your age. I have a friend that I work with that’s 23 and is always trying to get me to hang out. He’s in the middle of the social scene at all times. I’m 38 and it’s really weird if I go hang in his circle. It’s a bunch of kids recently out of college on their parent’s health insurance. We are in TOTALLY different places. I don’t belong. I’m out and having fun all of the time but in a crowd that’s 32-45 or so. That’s the environment that I belong in. 

I think you have the very institutionalized view but so do the people you are talking about so I get that.

But until people started jamming kids into schools all day long with people exactly the same age this wasn't a thing.

For thousands of years you were a kid...........then you were a man and then you were expected to quickly get up to speed and work and socialize with people of all ages.

Not saying it's better or worse now (I don't much care either way)..........but it's actually the opposite of natural.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, he thinks that he fits in (hence his own sneaker line). He thinks that he is “in” that group. He’s not. There are a few owners in sports that can fit in that scene and he’s not one (regardless of how bad he wants to be). Mark Cuban (although he’s almost aging out) and Michael Rubin come to mind. Rubin is 45 and grew up in this culture and generation. It’s not fake when he is hanging out with Meek Mill. When a 78 year-old Bob Kraft is with Cardi B and/or Meek Mill it is to prove to everyone that he’s young and hip. He’s not. You never see the Virginia McCasky at Lollapalooza. We all have a lane to stay in and SHOULD be self-aware enough to know where we belong.

I just think that he’s fake af. He so desperately needs the “cool kids” appreciation that it comes across as ridiculous. A “cool” 78 year-old is way different than a “cool” 28 year-old. Each is fine but when a 78 year-old tries to be the 28 year-old they get laughed at. It’s the Steve Buscemi gif. That’s why that gif is funny.

I know it’s hard to look past the Patriot logo but isn’t it simple with Kraft? The old bag just got nabbed getting a handy from a random old chick. From Meek Mill to HandsontheShaft Massage Parlor the guy has made one thing clear. He has FU money and he plans on using it.

Hard to hate on a guy for that, he lost his wife. I don’t remember him being this off the wall before. 

Party on Robert. You’re living the dream. 

If I had billions I’d put Hanson on the payroll and have them in every bar I went singing MmmmmmBOP.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think you have the very institutionalized view but so do the people you are talking about so I get that.

But until people started jamming kids into schools all day long with people exactly the same age this wasn't a thing.

For thousands of years you were a kid...........then you were a man and then you were expected to quickly get up to speed and work and socialize with people of all ages.

Not saying it's better or worse now (I don't much care either way)..........but it's actually the opposite of natural.

I guess that my point is that this isn’t who he was 12 years ago. Once Myra passed away he started wearing Jordan’s and dating 30 year-olds. It was like a 3rd quarter life crisis. No one begrudges anyone for having fun but there is a different place that we all fit. It’s like he took that as a chance to reinvent himself as the “cool owner.” You can’t try to become something that you aren’t. People see right through that. It comes across as fake. 

That is why I used Michael Rubin as the contrast. It doesn’t feel at all fake when he does the same things. It’s more natural. It’s his environment. I used my own example too. It’s totally normal if I meet my co-worker at happy hour at certain places. It’s weird if I go to flip night at the college bar where half of the crowd is under 21. I’m self-aware enough to know where I fit in and where I don’t. 99% of the population has that instinct. The people that try to fool people into thinking that they belong stick out. That’s the “new Bob Kraft.”

The irony is that BB and TB know EXACTLY who they are. They fit perfectly into their environment and evolve with it. My buddy that played there LOVES them and swears by Brady. He said at all times he was the leader but totally under control. He goes to dinner, a party or a bar or whatever. He’d fit in seamlessly, pick up the tab and slide out without ever making a mistake or scene. The Brady you see on TV or read about is apparently the EXACT same person that he is in a small group. He’s extremely comfortable in his own skin. There is nothing phony about him. Kraft is a 180 from that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I guess that my point is that this isn’t who he was 12 years ago. Once Myra passed away he started wearing Jordan’s and dating 30 year-olds. It was like a 3rd quarter life crisis. No one begrudges anyone for having fun but there is a different place that we all fit. It’s like he took that as a chance to reinvent himself as the “cool owner.” You can’t try to become something that you aren’t. People see right through that. It comes across as fake. 

That is why I used Michael Rubin as the contrast. It doesn’t feel at all fake when he does the same things. It’s more natural. It’s his environment. I used my own example too. It’s totally normal if I meet my co-worker at happy hour at certain places. It’s weird if I go to flip night at the college bar where half of the crowd is under 21. I’m self-aware enough to know where I fit in and where I don’t. 99% of the population has that instinct. The people that try to fool people into thinking that they belong stick out. That’s the “new Bob Kraft.”

The irony is that BB and TB know EXACTLY who they are. They fit perfectly into their environment and evolve with it. My buddy that played there LOVES them and swears by Brady. He said at all times he was the leader but totally under control. He’s go to dinner, a party or a bar or whatever. He’d fit in seamlessly, pick up the tab and slide out without ever making a mistake. The Brady you see on TV or read about is apparently the EXACT same person that he is in a small group. He’s extremely comfortable in his own skin. There is nothing phony about him. Kraft is a 180 from that.

Yeah I agree.  I think he might have been living a life required by his marriage and feels like he missed out on some fun and is trying to get some of what he missed.    I could be wrong but that's what it seems like.   As for Brady.........he's been so consumed with his profession that I don't know if he's ever really had time to figure out who he is outside of football..........we'll see if he changes after his career.    Sometimes guys like that get divorced and then start dating 20 somethings in their 50's.     I think Johnny Bench did that.......now he's divorced from his 45 year old most recent wife and a single dad raising young kids in his 70's.  I'm guessing he wishes he could've traded her 40 year old azzz in for two 20's 5 years ago but what hot 20-something woman wants you when you are in your 70's with two young boys? :lol:  Krafty is hot product by comparison.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, The Plastic Cup said:

That’s what baffles me about the spa thing.  Why wouldn’t he drop 5 grand to have some babe come to his suite at the Four Seasons for the afternoon, like Spitzer did? 

He knew where he was going and what sort of girls were there.  He wanted some "strange"  the sex trafficking kind.   That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

• 2 months later...