Which "Bubble" guys will you be watching in the pre-season?

47 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

McCloud.  Cool name for a WR, and seems to have put in a lot of work over the offseason.  

Also interested to see who makes the final spot at DE.  

I don't think he qualifies as a "bubble" guy anymore! 

If he keeps this up, he won’t be.  If he sputters and others step up, he will be.  While his chances are looking solid, 3 weeks ago, he was an afterthought. It’s not September yet

Sweeney and Ray Ray are my two watches for sure.  Seems like word from camp has Ray Ray taking the final roster spot as the backup slot receiver to beasley.  Both Ray Ray and McKenzie had their fair share of mental lapses and drops last year so that'll probably be a good battle.  Also Levi and Kevin Johnson is something I want to keep an eye on.  Seems like Levi has been holding down the CB2 position (obviously not bubbles guys oops lol)

Edited by Laughing Coffin

21 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Sweeney and Ray Ray are my two watches for sure.  Seems like word from camp has Ray Ray taking the final roster spot as the backup slot receiver to beasley.  Both Ray Ray and McKenzie had their fair share of mental lapses and drops last year so that'll probably be a good battle.  Also Levi and Kevin Johnson is something I want to keep an eye on.  Seems like Levi has been holding down the CB2 position.  

Levi Wallace has a pretty good hold on the CB1 position.

I definately want to see what Duke Williams does. I know the other WRs are doing really well--can I dare say, we actually have depth at that position now. But, WIlliams brings an element lacking from the rest of the group, size and strength. I think having the option of someone like him helps the team in the long run.

l am rooting for Duke Williams - because l feel we need a big WR , but he may be better playing more with Barkley or Tyree... 

So Duke Williams may have higher numbers at the end of the game, because of his connections with QB2/3, - but if Allen has better chemistry with one over the other-could see them instead keeping RayRay on the teamteam.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

What's the deal with Vosean Joseph? How is he doing...not hearing much.

That means "not much". However, he seems like a player that would make more noise when they go full tilt with hitting.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Sweeney for me....although I dont think there is a chance in hell he gets cut now.....they found another gem

I thought I read somewhere that he had the best hands in the draft. Maybe in a post draft video.

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

That means "not much". However, he seems like a player that would make more noise when they go full tilt with hitting.

That's a good point. Several members here have mixed reviews of Joseph. The best case scenario would have Joseph on special teams gradually working his way in to the line up...depending of course on his performance.

Duke Williams seems to be the latest in a long string of WRs that a lot of people are fascinated/intrigued by and significantly over value during training camp but really have little or no chance of making the team or really amounting to anything in the league. A partial list:

Brandon Reilly

Dez Lewis

Kolby Listenbee

And of course the all time favorite Da'Rick Rodgers

Ray Ray is a nice story if he sticks and the WRs are an improved group for sure, but if Duke can't come close to beating out guys like Ray Ray, Isiah McKenzie (who probably won't make it but looks like he's ahead of Duke right now) then it's no great loss and he probably has marginal value as a practice squad guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen.  Still not sold.

?

but definitely Tyree Jackson.  I don’t think he’s had a good camp but I saw a guy who looked like a NFL qb in college.  I’d love for him to show something (but I guess not too much if we are trying to hide him on the practice squad).