Sign in to follow this  
Chandler#81

Last AstroNotes from SJF

Posted (edited)

Good stuff Astro- I think if you work it this off season you have a shot at being an entitled kid next camp. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, eball said:

Would've liked to see the Brittny pic.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sorry, ya gotta be 18.

-That WAS descriptive!

That reminded me of a Guy Noir line: "Her pants were so tight I could count the change in her pocket."

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I didn't read all of Astro's reports, but in the ones I did, I  noticed multiple references to the "entitled area/entitled fence"?  Comes across as someone who is bitter that people with sponsor connections get better player access than he does.  Just seems strange.

I'll bite...Its called sarcasm.Its a joke and it's meant to be funny.In no way does it sound bitter or strange it sounds...well again sarcastic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan in 561 said:

I'll bite...Its called sarcasm.Its a joke and it's meant to be funny.In no way does it sound bitter or strange it sounds...well again sarcastic.

If it is sarcasm, it isn’t always easily detectable.  If that is the case, my intent wasn’t to offend anyone. 😉

I actually made it to training camp today.  Don't ask me to even begin to do what he does together with his spotters, but it was kind of cool to see him mention some of the things I actually caught.  My companions and I sat on the south side, opposite from Astro and the gang  The sun was at our backs, but it definitely wasn't shady as he said.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Damm if only I had an arm like Allen!

If only I had an arm like Allen's and was 45 years younger.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

If it is sarcasm, it isn’t always easily detectable.  If that is the case, my intent wasn’t to offend anyone. 😉

Your good I wasnt offended and I dont know astro personally but he doesnt strike me as the easily offended type.Hes a damn national treasure though.

Can’t believe Astro is finito for 2019; really enjoyed his reports—what a great writing style. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Saved the best for last.  Gave me an early AM chuckle:

"John Murphy friskily bounds up the bleachers and into the press box. He’s finishing camp really strong. No audible wheezing."