Last AstroNotes from SJF

I didn't read all of Astro's reports, but in the ones I did, I  noticed multiple references to the "entitled area/entitled fence"?  Comes across as someone who is bitter that people with sponsor connections get better player access than he does.  Just seems strange.

• Like (+1) 2

Astro, What are you going to say about Murph if he comes into camp next year and he surprises you by being svelte? :)

Thank you for giving us a first look at this team.  Your efforts and congeniality are much appreciated. ?

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

? " TE’s a deep room for Daboll to dabble with. "?

Not sure I follow this though:

" RayRay is next, and you have to think that he’s sewn up the #6 WR position over D’haquille and McKenzie, with a 3-way race for 1-2 WR positions on the practice squad between (my order here) Cam Phillips, Easley, and Sills. "

Is he thinking Duke Williams and McKenzie aren't open to the practice squad?  Or that Cam, Easley, and Sills are ahead of them?

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I didn't read all of Astro's reports, but in the ones I did, I  noticed multiple references to the "entitled area/entitled fence"?  Comes across as someone who is bitter that people with sponsor connections get better player access than he does.  Just seems strange.

Well, and this is just my take, he had his grandkids at camp early and didn’t know that new cordoned area was expensive and for VIPs. It’s now where player family members sit and where the most autographs are signed. My nephew took his boys to the previous open practice, paid out the wazoo for tickets and Josh signed everything the boys brought for signatures there. It is indeed an entitled area.

Maybe a little face-saving on Papa Astro’s part, too?..

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

idk. Tweet Astro for clarification. He answers all my inquiries.

Hapless don't tweet :(.  A pal could ask for a friend?

20 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Is it just me or is the the most enthusiasm you have read from Astro in forever? Shall we expect 4-0 for the preseason? 

Astro is actually pretty explicit about it:

"I’ve enjoyed camp this year the most of any season.

Partly, it’s what’s on the field that makes it so. We have a franchise quarterback and a savvy vet backup. We have continuity of offensive scheme, with a returning offensive coordinator who’s imaginative. We have a stifling defense. The position coaches are the finest yet because they know how to teach, and it’s obvious.

Partly, it’s what’s going on behind the scenes, with Brandon Beane, his henchmen, the generous support of the Pegulas, The Process philosophy that prevades and permeates."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1