Pregame Coverage Preseason Game 1: Colts @ Bills Thurs 8/8

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Pretty excited. Anyone in the Watertown NY viewing area can watch the game on WWTI-50. ABC. Lets Go Bills This includes you @Frez

No actually. I dont. 

Yup! Thanks for the shout out. I'm pretty excited they are televised tonight! I'll be home in front on the TV at 7! 

So it begins! 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills vs. Colts: What's the best way to drive to the game at New Era Field?

Driving to a weekday night Bills game at New Era Field is typically a challenge.

Getting to tonight's preseason opener against the Indianapolis Colts has all the makings of a slow-moving drive – especially since you've got regular evening commuters, some construction on the I-90, as well as people headed to the Erie County Fair in Hamburg.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

7 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

faxzc2thwrwu6v7xa40a.jpg

Bills Today: Frank Gore will take most of the first-team snaps vs. Colts

“What we’re going to do is give Frank most of the work this week and then what we will do with LeSean is give him most of the work, at this point the plan is the following week,” McDermott said. “Part of that is we know LeSean a little bit. This is our first time around Frank and the other piece of it is making sure with two experienced running backs that we keep these guys fresh for the season.”

Joe Dibiase wrote a story on this -

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/frank-gores-tank-may-be-fuller-lesean-mccoys

Frank Gore's tank may be fuller than LeSean McCoy's

This year's RB battle could turn out like last year's QB battle:

On Wednesday, Sean McDermott visited with One Bills Live, where he announced that Frank Gore would start at running back in the first preseason game versus the Colts. McDermott added that LeSean McCoy would not play versus Indy, but would get the start next week in Carolina. 

We'll see how much Frank Gore and LeSean McCoy end up playing in the preseason. If it's anything significant, that means there's a real competition going on between the two.

McDermott tried to sell that the team is going with Gore first because they know McCoy and are still getting to know Gore. I'm not buying that for a second. There is literally not another running back in the NFL with more tape than Frank Gore. If you don't know what he is as a player by now, you never will.

Compare this year's running back competition to last year's quarterback competition and you'll find similarities that could lead the Bills to a similar result.... (cont.)

He seems to think that Gore starting is a big deal.