Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills sign OT Jarron Jones

I have known Jarron since his AQ days.  Nice kid, great family.  Was an interior DL at ND and moved to OL.  Hope it works out for him.  

3 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I went to St Thomas Aquinas in Buffalo.  What is wrong with one in Rochester?

SOUTH BUFFALO!  

22 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

SOUTH BUFFALO!  

Yes indeed.  I practically lived in Caz Park but my actual address was 48 Alsace off Abbott Rd.

4 hours ago, teef said:

if he went to aquinas, no he can not.

i'm being over the top because i went to the "rival" school.   it has to do with a strange east side/west side thing that rochester has going on.  some of us know aquinas as the dewey ave dumpster.  

What are your opinions on Penfield?

According to NFL.com, we put "LaAdrian Jones" on IR to sign him.  Maybe Waddle's quad isn't as bad as was feared!

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I grew up in webster which is the boarding suburb that shared quite a bit.  very nice area.  did you grow up around there?

9 minutes ago, teef said:

I grew up in webster which is the boarding suburb that shared quite a bit.  very nice area.  did you grow up around there?

Born and raised in Penfield. My 82-year-old mother still lives in the house I was born in.

Local? Please tell me he wasn't named after Dick Jarron.

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Waddle to IR

Yeah I know....they brought in Young right away so I figured he would be the guy.  Guess not....he eats his peas one at a time.  He's a weirdo.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah I know....they brought in Young right away so I figured he would be the guy.  Guess not....he eats his peas one at a time.  He's a weirdo.

Can't have pea's at one time on this team! Grow up and mix them with your mashed potatoes if you don't like them

30 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Born and raised in Penfield. My 82-year-old mother still lives in the house I was born in.

there's been a ton of construction in that area and what they've brought to that area is impressive.  you don't really need to leave the suburb for anything.  

4 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I wonder what the record is for being on the most different teams' practice squads without ever being promoted to the final 53 anywhere?

That's an interesting thought.  Because I just sat next to Jarron Jones about 3 weeks ago on a flight from Chicago to Dallas.  I'm guessing - just guessing - that he was getting an invite to the Cowboys camp.

And, yes, it was in first class.  The man is huge.

1 hour ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Yes indeed.  I practically lived in Caz Park but my actual address was 48 Alsace off Abbott Rd.

wow! me too.. grew up off of seneca st , weyand st.. which today isnt all that :"what it used to be" .. anyway nice ..

13 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

That's an interesting thought.  Because I just sat next to Jarron Jones about 3 weeks ago on a flight from Chicago to Dallas.  I'm guessing - just guessing - that he was getting an invite to the Cowboys camp.

And, yes, it was in first class.  The man is huge.

His regular job is in Dallas

1 hour ago, teef said:

there's been a ton of construction in that area and what they've brought to that area is impressive.  you don't really need to leave the suburb for anything.  

I miss Wegmans the most.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Is she single ??

Yes, but she has standards. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

His regular job is in Dallas

Really?  I thought his last regular job was a gig with the Detroit Lions.

Anyway, glad he's back in upstate.  Good for him.  Hope he has a chance to shine.

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Local? Please tell me he wasn't named after Dick Jarron.

Well Dick spells it Jauron and he coached the Bills two seasons after Jarron was born. Also guessing no one has named anything after Jauron unless you are referring to a bland malaise of nothingness that was his personality. 

"Man that presentation was totally Jauron. At least that doosh Pete goes full Gregg and uses a bullhorn for his power points."

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Eastside rules! Unless you are referring to East Rochester or Irondequoit, those were slices of the west side that drifted over to the east. We'll take Spencerport though! 

Jones is definitely not a threat to start, but he has the advantage over Sam Young of being young, which means there could be some unrealized upside.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Always great for a local kid to get his shot. He also has position versatility, which helps.  I had no idea The Little Irish had a player at ND.  Aquinas is a great high school program.  

AQ had their own 20,000 seat stadium in Roch-Cha-Cha.......back in the 50's, they actually scheduled games against small college teams because  of zero competition at HS level......Rochester Jaycees brought the Bills here in 1967 and 1968 for exhibition games.......I saw the Pats and the Fins....still have the game programs..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

AQ had their own 20,000 seat stadium in Roch-Cha-Cha.......back in the 50's, they actually scheduled games against small college teams because  of zero competition at HS level......Rochester Jaycees brought the Bills here in 1967 and 1968 for exhibition games.......I saw the Pats and the Fins....still have the game programs..........

my dad went to AQ in the late 50s.  He would tell me of the thanksgiving games against boys town.  they had quite the program.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

As a Canisius guy, they beat us down pretty good a few times when I played.  😞

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1