Bills sign OT Jarron Jones

A local kid, hope he does well.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder what the signing of a guy like Jones vs, say, Sam Young, who has started a bunch of games in the NFL, means.

Does it mean that they have faith in Connor McDermott or De'ondre Wesley to be a capable swing tackle? Does it mean that they envision Ford at RT once the injured guards return, which will push Nsekhe back to swing, thus not necessitating any major additions at tackle?

I can't help but read into what this signing might mean...

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wonder what the signing of a guy like Jones vs, say, Sam Young, who has started a bunch of games in the NFL, means.

Does it mean that they have faith in Connor McDermott or De'ondre Wesley to be a capable swing tackle? Does it mean that they envision Ford at RT once the injured guards return, which will push Nsekhe back to swing, thus not necessitating any major additions at tackle?

I assume they want to look closer at Jones to see what his upside is, since he just recently moved to OT. Sam Young is a more known commodity, but when you are rolling the dice on a guy who most likely won't make the team, it is worth gambling on upside.

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sam Young was supposed to try out today.  He could still sign.

They lost 3 olineman so far and have only signed 2.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

It means they are going to use this guy as a blocking sled for 3 weeks and then cut him.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1