Bills Training Camp Day 11 (last practice at SJF for 2019) 8/6

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They cut their 6th rd pick last year. I do though VJ will be signed to the PS though. Who knows, maybe he sneaks on to the 53, but at this stage that would be a surprise. As someone else said maybe he shows up in the games and gains some traction. 

You mean their 7th?

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I live in the Buffalo area, and make the trek to training camp every couple years.  My observations from today(and they are the same every time I go, but for some odd reason, I choose to forget my prior experience).

1 - From the time I pulled in the Mendon HS lot(920AM) until I got off the bus at SJF(1015AM), almost an hour passed by.  ?

2 - Why do people bring little kids to practice and expect them to sit in the stands? :blink:

3 - Training camp for the most part is boring...and in the case of today, extremely warm for the AM. ? ?

4 - As I get older, people(strangers) annoy me at every turn.  :rolleyes:

That's my 2019 training camp report.  LOL

1.  This year I realized that Sutherland is a little quicker - one thing is that it turns onto the street midway through downtown - while the Mendon bus has to go the full length and has more delay b/c of that

2. Last Wed someone had the bright idea of bringing like 40 small kids from a YMCA camp and sticking them right behind me.  I thought they were going to explode.  Forgot how annoying groups of little kids can be :) (see 4).  After 20 mins the counselors finally realized the futility of having them there and thankfully they left.  I think even Britt and Grandma Allen were annoyed. 

3. I still like to go and see things/players up close.  It helps that I've scored passes to the Entitled Area the last couple years.  Can def say after going to SJF for 2 days then to the stadium practice  (the last couple years) - the stadium practice is much more of a snoozefest.  I do wish there was closer access at SJF - last year spoke to a guy who works every camp and he basically said McD really is focused on the actual football part of camp, and fan experience is really not high on his list of concerns (to put it mildly)  

4.  Truer words were never spoken

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Really think Badolbilz is the anti-Astro. Diametrically opposed assessment of the current regime.

How so?

Was Astro a Petermaniac?  Did I miss that?:lol:

My predictions of McBeane's intentions have been very accurate(Jauron Ball 17') and I've given McBeane credit for the good things they've done.......Tre White, Allen, Edmunds, Oliver...couldn't tell you the last time I liked the first 4 players a Bills regime took in round one. 

But because I won't ignore the poor coaching hires and pro personnel decisions,  the inexcusable amount of uncompetitive "blowout" games and unprecedented first-two-season ineffectiveness against Belichick I am the opposite of Astro?    

I somehow think Astro doesn't like a lot of those "bad" things either.:lol:

As I've said many times..........you gotta' be making bad decisions on a near constant basis to be a bad team in the NFL.    Being a middling franchise means you are at least doing some things right.    

But it's not hard to be 15-17 in 2 seasons when you inherit a team that was 15-17 the prior two seasons.    Now it's just time to start winning.    It's OK for a regime to have to "prove it".......it's a violent, competitive professional sport.

• Like (+1) 3

My training camp observations from today:

1) It was hot as  :censored:  out there.

2) There was 2826875752 kids in attendance, and it wasn't kids day.

3) There are too many VIP sections. Everyone is crammed into one half of the big stands, and then the small stands across from the large stand.

4) There were some drills or something going on on the field. ? (Actually watching the running backs drill was interesting. Hubby noted that they went in possible starting order, Shady first, then Gore, etc)

5) I should have brought my camera, my cell phone takes lousy long-range photos.

allen.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Happens all the time.

If he’s cut, I doubt many will be surprised.

they only need him for two games.
 hit Tom Brady like you can do , and win the prize.

there should be a 54 allowed on the roster

assassin .

lol
just kidding

Hope he makes it to PS to develop his cerebral skill sets

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How so?

Was Astro a Petermaniac?  Did I miss that?:lol:

My predictions of McBeane's intentions have been very accurate(Jauron Ball 17') and I've given McBeane credit for the good things they've done.......Tre White, Allen, Edmunds, Oliver...couldn't tell you the last time I liked the first 4 players a Bills regime took in round one. 

But because I won't ignore the poor coaching hires and pro personnel decisions,  the inexcusable amount of uncompetitive "blowout" games and unprecedented first-two-season ineffectiveness against Belichick I am the opposite of Astro?    

I somehow think Astro doesn't like a lot of those "bad" things either.:lol:

As I've said many times..........you gotta' be making bad decisions on a near constant basis to be a bad team in the NFL.    Being a middling franchise means you are at least doing some things right.    

But it's not hard to be 15-17 in 2 seasons when you inherit a team that was 15-17 the prior two seasons.    Now it's just time to start winning.    It's OK for a regime to have to "prove it".......it's a violent, competitive professional sport.

I don't think they want to play Jauron Ball long term, do you? You do that with a limited roster and not very good qb play. Daboll is much more imaginative and Allen at least has potential to be a franchise qb. In any event, Astro seemed very high on the current group in his last notes for camp, which is what I was referring to. He appears sold on them in the same way Shaw66 is and you are one of the dark cloud skeptics by my reading. So sorry if I have mischaracterized your position.

11 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Why would you quote me and mention @BADOLBILZ? He wasnt who I was quoting.

No kidding. I was indicating who I thought a better polar opposite. I didn't say you said that.

Somebody please tell me if I missed something, but isn’t it a wee bit curious that on what appears to have been a stellar day for Allen not one media member tweeted or reported his “stats” from practice?

Edited by eball
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not good. Probably won’t make the team.

Linebaker is a position imo that will show in games not practice.  He makes some special team tackles and is around the ball while he is in he probably makes the 53.  Behind Malano is nothing.  Joseph shows a pulse he is on the roster.

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Somebody please tell me if I missed something, but isn’t it a wee bit curious that on what appears to have been a stellar day for Allen not one media member tweeted or reported his “stats” from practice?

It’s been crickets today from that brown character, hasn’t it been? 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't think they want to play Jauron Ball long term, do you? You do that with a limited roster and not very good qb play. Daboll is much more imaginative and Allen at least has potential to be a franchise qb. In any event, Astro seemed very high on the current group in his last notes for camp, which is what I was referring to. He appears sold on them in the same way Shaw66 is and you are one of the dark cloud skeptics by my reading. So sorry if I have mischaracterized your position.

No kidding. I was indicating who I thought a better polar opposite. I didn't say you said that.

I have absolutely never said they intended to play Jauron Ball long term.

But keep in mind that they had inherited a talented but poorly coached defense AND the Bills best scoring offense since 1991(7th in the NFL plus the NFL's fewest turnovers ever in a season thru 15 games) and within weeks of their first camp opening they had settled for Jauron Ball?    

That was just Rexy-ness in reverse.   And that's what we've seen so far.   Under the buffoon Rex the offense was finally productive and the defense stunk.   Under McBeane the opposite.    End result after 2 seasons the same record.   It's just time for McBeane to show that all the roster wrasslin' and murdering of money in the name of McProcess was worth it.  

I'm ready.   After spending $70M or so hand picking 18 players in UFA, losing nobody in UFA and drafting near the top of each round with your anointed franchise QB going into a year two which has been big for recent young stud QB prospects............I am expecting a double digit win regular season.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I have absolutely never said they intended to play Jauron Ball long term.

But keep in mind that they had inherited a talented but poorly coached defense AND the Bills best scoring offense since 1991(7th in the NFL plus the NFL's fewest turnovers ever in a season thru 15 games) and within weeks of their first camp opening they had settled for Jauron Ball?    

That was just Rexy-ness in reverse.   And that's what we've seen so far.   Under the buffoon Rex the offense was finally productive and the defense stunk.   Under McBeane the opposite.    End result after 2 seasons the same record.   It's just time for McBeane to show that all the roster wrasslin' and murdering of money in the name of McProcess was worth it.  

I'm ready.   After spending $70M or so hand picking 18 players in UFA, losing nobody in UFA and drafting near the top of each round with your anointed franchise QB going into a year two which has been big for recent young stud QB prospects............I am expecting a double digit win regular season.

Enough of the "Bills best scoring offense since 1991(7th in the NFL plus the NFL's fewest turnovers ever in a season thru 15 games)," bull *****.  You watched the games.  The offense was crap.  Your narrative is weak, old and tired.

You hate this team more than the Pats fans who come here to chime in.  Go away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s been crickets today from that brown character, hasn’t it been? 

Classic avoidance of anything that doesn’t fit the narrative ye ol’ Thad wants to put out there...I think he’s determined to fill the vacuum of intellectually vacant “reporting” left behind by Rodak’s departure, and so far so good!;)

Sal Maiorana and the D&C cats have been quite negative about Allen since the middle of last week. Leo Roth and Fairburn and Sal think the offense has been pretty poor since the OL started going down and need to start showing a bit more.