Bills Training Camp Day 11 (last practice at SJF for 2019) 8/6

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I had this feeling about Miller when we drafted him.....just that late round guy that does what he is asked to do really well.....doesnt have to come off the field because he can block.

Would love for him to pan out.....I actually would love for BOTH Knox and Sweeney to pan out

Miller was picked in the first round, so this makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Its been 5 hours....any confirmation? 

I would like you all to meet the Anti-Astro.

Don't expect any from that fella.

Really think Badolbilz is the anti-Astro. Diametrically opposed assessment of the current regime.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not good. Probably won’t make the team.

Really. I thought for sure that he would overcome some of his weaknesses. Coaching up has not helped. Kid has talent...it is a shame if he doesn't make it.

Edited by Rocket94

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

McCoy is going to look like vintage Shady this year. Huge weapon nobody is talking about

McCoy's decline has been overstated, IMO. He had a bad season last year because the OL sucked a$$. That being said, if the OL doesn't get healthy and come together he's going to struggle this season too.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I live in the Buffalo area, and make the trek to training camp every couple years.  My observations from today(and they are the same every time I go, but for some odd reason, I choose to forget my prior experience).

1 - From the time I pulled in the Mendon HS lot(920AM) until I got off the bus at SJF(1015AM), almost an hour passed by.  ?

2 - Why do people bring little kids to practice and expect them to sit in the stands? :blink:

3 - Training camp for the most part is boring...and in the case of today, extremely warm for the AM. ? ?

4 - As I get older, people(strangers) annoy me at every turn.  :rolleyes:

That's my 2019 training camp report.  LOL

Don't worry. Camp will move to OBD in two years, if not one.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

You think they're cutting a 5th round pick?  Doubt it.

I hated his college tape though.

I expected much more from Joseph. I understand that he needs to work on some of the fundamentals, but his skill set is hard to ignore. Maybe live action will help.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

I expected much more from Joseph. I understand that he needs to work on some of the fundamentals, but his skill set is hard to ignore. Maybe live action will help.

I think he'll shine on special teams, his athleticism really jumps out.  When he "fires his gun", it's impressive.

But I saw a TON of missed plays in college.  Hopefully they can coach him up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

I think he'll shine on special teams, his athleticism really jumps out.  When he "fires his gun", it's impressive.

But I saw a TON of missed plays in college.  Hopefully they can coach him up.

I have heard about his faults such as missed plays, bad angles, over pursuits and even making his own assignments. Another knock on him is his awareness and concentration. I would like to believe that with experience and coaching, he can overcome this. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I wonder if the Bills are having any buyer’s remorse. Star is strictly a “space eater” and a small one at that (6’2” 315). He averages about 1 tackle per game. His backup, Harrison Phillips, was much more productive, stats wise, in fewer reps. Mount Washington, all 6’5 365 pounds of him, was truly a space eater and managed to average over 3 tackles per game. I heard the Bills are starting to group Jordan Phillips more often with Ed Oliver. He is actually a bigger body than Star. I wonder as the season progresses if Jordan proves to be more valuable than the 7th highest paid DT. We shall see!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I wonder if the Bills are having any buyer’s remorse. Star is strictly a “space eater” and a small one at that (6’2” 315). He averages about 1 tackle per game. His backup, Harrison Phillips, was much more productive, stats wise, in fewer reps. Mount Washington, all 6’5 365 pounds of him, was truly a space eater and managed to average over 3 tackles per game. I heard the Bills are starting to group Jordan Phillips more often with Ed Oliver. He is actually a bigger body than Star. I wonder as the season progresses if Jordan proves to be more valuable than the 7th highest paid DT. We shall see!

I think that Jordan Phillips is already very good and he will continue to improve. There have been comparisons of him  to Chris Jones of KC.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Crazy that it’s the last one. Seems like they just got to SJF. 

This year they have a shortened stay at SJF.   Usually they will come back for one more week after the Week1 preseason. Not this time.

18 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Star is a space eater freeing others to do their job. However, our DL did not meet that expectation including the play of Kyle WIlliams.  I think Oliver will be the difference maker.

51 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

You think they're cutting a 5th round pick?  Doubt it.

I hated his college tape though.

They cut their 6th rd pick last year. I do though VJ will be signed to the PS though. Who knows, maybe he sneaks on to the 53, but at this stage that would be a surprise. As someone else said maybe he shows up in the games and gains some traction.