Bills Training Camp Day 11 (last practice at SJF for 2019) 8/6

I live in the Buffalo area, and make the trek to training camp every couple years.  My observations from today(and they are the same every time I go, but for some odd reason, I choose to forget my prior experience).

1 - From the time I pulled in the Mendon HS lot(920AM) until I got off the bus at SJF(1015AM), almost an hour passed by.  ?

2 - Why do people bring little kids to practice and expect them to sit in the stands? :blink:

3 - Training camp for the most part is boring...and in the case of today, extremely warm for the AM. ? ?

4 - As I get older, people(strangers) annoy me at every turn.  :rolleyes:

That's my 2019 training camp report.  LOL

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I live in the Buffalo area, and make the trek to training camp every couple years.  My observations from today(and they are the same every time I go, but for some odd reason, I choose to forget my prior experience).

1 - From the time I pulled in the Mendon HS lot(920AM) until I got off the bus at SJF(1015AM), almost an hour passed by.  ?

2 - Why do people bring little kids to practice and expect them to sit in the stands? :blink:

3 - Training camp for the most part is boring...and in the case of today, extremely warm for the AM. ? ?

I can tell you that the busses while a nice cheap way to get to practice are not the fastest. Your better off parking for $5-$10 nearby if you want to be there earlier or get to Mendon even earlier because an hour before practice the busses become a zoo 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's what I'm hoping to see/expecting to see as well. 

But the best part about this year's roster is if that prediction is wrong, there's more than enough talent behind (and in front) of Shady to not sink the offense. 

Rhino did you end up making it down to camp?

I think Shady is going to be just fine.....and for once I wont hold my breath if he get up slow from a play with Singletary waiting in the wings....not wishing for injury of course.....just confident in his play

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

He didn't tweet about it, that's your confirmation ?

That is the deal with Thad anyway?   He is right there to point out a bad day but nothing to say today?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

If Spain and Ford could be good at OG that would help Bodine a lot.

Marcel was on OBL , nice guy , seemed well informed.

Well hopefully Bodine doesn't need help b.c he will be in the bench. Any game he has to start almost spells doom for the O-Line

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Rhino did you end up making it down to camp?

I think Shady is going to be just fine.....and for once I wont hold my breath if he get up slow from a play with Singletary waiting in the wings....not wishing for injury of course.....just confident in his play

Sadly no. I thought I was going to squeeze in this week but I got pulled back into a work project and couldn't swing both. Hoping next year's camp won't be abridged, end of August always seems to time up better for me for whatever reason. :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

McCoy is going to look like vintage Shady this year. Huge weapon nobody is talking about

I sincerely hope so. He often bounces back from down years and he has abundant motivation to play his heart out. Right now, he is likely playing for the last contract of his career. I am sure he would love to go home to Philadelphia, but to get one last payday, he is going to have to show that he hasn't slown down.

33 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

For what its worth, Sutherland HS is usually a quicker bus ride.   But I assume it was also packed as this is the last day of open camp, so which HS lot you park in probably doesn't matter lol

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

I think they’ll keep 6. 

I think that had been the plan from gitgo, by not expecting Roberts in the WR mix yet fersher KR. That they seem impressed enough -unlike Andre’s 4 previous employers, at WR, allows other roster finagling. jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

1.  Gotta get there early (8:30 AM).

2.  Good question.

3.  I felt that way this time as well.  Still gonna go next year but maybe just 1 time, unless my son insists.

4.  I'm right there with ya!

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Definitely seems like we keep 4 TEs unless they put Kroft on an injured list.  Smith isn’t going anywhere.  Knox isn’t being cut.  Sweeney seems to be the best TE in camp.  If he keeps it up, he might be tough to sneak on the PS

We kept 4 last season, not out of question if do this season too.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

When I just thought about this offense with Shady as peak Shady I legit got chills.  

I have written this off as a RBBC so much...couple that with his bad season last year it's just been impossible to even fathom.  

But I'm not going to doubt that dude given how motivated and skilled he is.  And an oline that hopefully will be 10x better than last year will help.  

I think Shady will be our every down RB yet Gore could be redone/goal line and Singletary gives Shady a rest on occasion.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

That is the deal with Thad anyway?   He is right there to point out a bad day but nothing to say today?

I was wondering if anyone was going to say something to him on Twitter about it but he likely wouldn't respond. 

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Sweeney is reminding me of heath miller 

I had this feeling about Miller when we drafted him.....just that late round guy that does what he is asked to do really well.....doesnt have to come off the field because he can block.

Would love for him to pan out.....I actually would love for BOTH Knox and Sweeney to pan out

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Waiting for Thad Brown to confirm.

Its been 5 hours....any confirmation? 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I would like you all to meet the Anti-Astro.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

you're my kind of guy, unfortunately I'm sure we'd annoy each other

• Haha (+1) 1