Bills Training Camp Day 11 (last practice at SJF for 2019) 8/6

Just now, JerseyBills said:

McCoy is going to look like vintage Shady this year. Huge weapon nobody is talking about

That's what I'm hoping to see/expecting to see as well. 

But the best part about this year's roster is if that prediction is wrong, there's more than enough talent behind (and in front) of Shady to not sink the offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Prescott Rossi?   

Why did you name your kid Prescott??  

I will give you a couple of warm up guesses, but its pretty obvious

Prescott Rossi
Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

McCoy is going to look like vintage Shady this year. Huge weapon nobody is talking about

1013468732-Bills-Scull-206.jpg-900x570.j

LeSean McCoy reiterates that he's 'the guy' in the Bills' backfield

"So many whispers about this and that kind of about myself, about my game," McCoy said. "It's kind of weird. Since I've been like nine years old, I've been like the top guy, so it was even weird to hear stuff like that. But it comes along with it.

The good thing is I learned how the media is, how you guys are, how people are, how fans are, fantasy team owners. Right?

"You have a bad two games and you have three hot ones and you're the man. My brother, he was a sports agent, he sends me like clips or whatever doubting A-Rod or Tom (Brady).

Those dudes have done so much and then they rebound and they bounce back and then everybody's like praising them.

I guess it's just like the NFL, I guess that's how it is. I'm fine with that. I know who I am, I know how I play and my teammates know that.

"We'll see on Sundays. And one thing I won't do is I won't even bring it up. So if anybody here says something about me, I won't bring it up to you. Like I never heard it."

On if he can become the 31st player in NFL history to rush for more than 1,000 yards after age 30: "I think so, I think so. That's the goal. But the main goal is just winning games. Winning games and being productive. Making every snap, every play, every rep count.

I think, once you do that, the good things, the stats, they come along with it. And that's something I've learned, also. When you kind of focus on the numbers and the yards, you kind of don't get it when you want it.

I think this the first goal is just to make every rep, every play count, work hard and win games, and the other stuff and stats, they follow."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's what I'm hoping to see/expecting to see as well. 

But the best part about this year's roster is if that prediction is wrong, there's more than enough talent behind (and in front) of Shady to not sink the offense. 

He was the best player on the field from 15-17 

He flashed elite play last year , with the QB fiasco for alot of the year and maybe our worse OL ever , he just didn't have space to operate. Brown/Beasley help him tremendously. Obviously the ol overhaul will help tremendously. I think week 1 he's going to shock alot of fans when he looks like the Shady we know. Can't wait

A guy this special doesn't just lose it like alot of the media is insinuating. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

64a3ab12-5dab-4fd3-b546-6cb62e18867b-JG_

Top 3 things to know from Day 11 at Bills training camp

3. Andre Roberts making presence known at receiver

When he was signed as a free agent, he was seen as a player who could provide a shot in the arm to special teams as a dynamic return man. While the Pro Bowl return man certainly brings top end talent on the team’s kick and punt return units, he’s also turned some heads on offense at receiver.

Over the last three days of practice there might not be a receiver who has pulled in more passes than Roberts. Tuesday was no different.

Unofficially, Roberts made four receptions in a shortened practice and has been getting consistent separation from defenders.

Getting a fair shot at receiver in addition to his special teams abilities on the previous NFL teams he’s played for has proven difficult the last several years.

In Buffalo, he’s had more reps at receiver than he’s seen in several years. “I’d have to go back to 2014 or 2015,” said Roberts. “I’m getting a lot here. That’s just what I like to prove every single year that I play. Be what I am at returner, but at the same time be a dual threat and do some things on offense.”

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/camp-highlight-josh-allen-td-pass-to-andre-roberts

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am very excited about the future of our TE's with Sweeney and Knox.  They could develop into a pretty good combo.

I swear, these 2 are going to fight eventually.

I got Beaz- as long as no foreign objects are pulled from Shady’s tights..

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I got Beaz- as long as no foreign objects are pulled from Shady’s tights..

Keep the champaigne bottles away from Shady LOL

I don't think they're gonna fight. It would have an edge to it if it were Shady and Gore or Singletary, but when it's a guy with a different role in a different position group it's just bustin' each others chops.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Keep the champaigne bottles away from Shady LOL

I don't think they're gonna fight. It would have an edge to it if it were Shady and Gore or Singletary, but when it's a guy with a different role in a different position group it's just bustin' each others chops.

How many 2 back sets do you expect to see this season?  

Shady and Gore 

Shady and  Singletary

Gore and  Singletary

Just now, HappyDays said:

I thought this was interesting:

Maybe Zay isn't even a starter anymore?

I read recently that he is most often deployed in the slot. 

When the Bills are in three-wide, it's been Brown, Beasley, and Roberts.

When they go to four-wide (which they have apparently done quite a bit this spring and summer), Zay comes in as the second slot receiver.

Myself and some others have been shouting since he was drafted that Zay's best spot is in the slot. Perhaps the Bills are finally realizing this.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I read recently that he is most often deployed in the slot. 

When the Bills are in three-wide, it's been Brown, Beasley, and Roberts.

When they go to four-wide (which they have apparently done quite a bit this spring and summer), Zay comes in as the second slot receiver.

Myself and some others have been shouting since he was drafted that Zay's best spot is in the slot. Perhaps the Bills are finally realizing this.

or actually have the luxury to do so 

• Like (+1) 4

When I just thought about this offense with Shady as peak Shady I legit got chills.  

I have written this off as a RBBC so much...couple that with his bad season last year it's just been impossible to even fathom.  

But I'm not going to doubt that dude given how motivated and skilled he is.  And an oline that hopefully will be 10x better than last year will help.  

Edited by Big Blitz