EJ Gaines out “a number of weeks” (groin) per McDermott

We all knew when he was signed again he’s not very durable. The beauty of all the free agent signings to pair with the young talent is we’re not depending on these guys for 16 games. As soon as I seen Gaines signed I was hoping to get 8-10 game appearances from him. Which is enough for him to have an impact 

• Like (+1) 4

Groins and hamstrings.  Once they go, you never really fully recover and they are always vulnerable to re-injury.  Sorry to say, I think its time to move on from EJ.  Just cannot stay healthy consistently.  Its a shame, he plays well when he actually plays.

I think we all kind of felt like this would be an issue all year - He's basically a guy that's a luxury for us to have when healthy.  We still have 4 legit DB's with Siran Neal as the 5th, who the staff seems high on.  EJ Gaines is that 6th guy, who will help when healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think we all kind of felt like this would be an issue all year - He's basically a guy that's a luxury for us to have when healthy.  We still have 4 legit DB's with Siran Neal as the 5th, who the staff seems high on.  EJ Gaines is that 6th guy, who will help when healthy.

Actually they have 7 legit DBs: White, Wallace, Hyde, Poyer, T. Johnson, K. Johnson, Neal. Gaines was probably #8.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, jwhit34 said:

Actually they have 7 legit DBs: White, Wallace, Hyde, Poyer, T. Johnson, K. Johnson, Neal. Gaines was probably #8.

My bad, I was just specifying the corner backs - we definitely have a top tier Safety Tandem back there as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This guy's luck is worse than this:

Image result for bad luck gif

That’s Karma! ?

as for Gaines, I really don’t want to go through another season where the DB’s and defense is so much better when one player is out there. Two years ago when Gaines wasn’t able to play the defense took a huge hit. Looks like the Bills have a lot better options this year than 2017. When McDermotts D has two good corners it’s a totally different d.

• Like (+1) 1