We talkin' bout practice? Not a game, not a game, but practice.

H2o

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/06/bears-feel-this-is-the-time-to-push-the-envelope-offensively/

For all of those freaking out about some practice woes at times thus far in camp this article about sums it all up.

"Trubisky said on Monday that that the offense has “been in a lot of situations this camp that we haven’t seen in the past couple years or in practices” and working through those situations has led to some errors. Quarterbacks coach Dave Ragone said that “this is the time to push the envelope” because you can work to correct anything that goes wrong and head coach Matt Nagy also espoused the belief that practice is a time for measured responses to miscues."

Practice is for practicing, I would have never guessed...

(just a little sarcasm)

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm just saying that people get all geeked out over a few miscues in practice around here. An errant pass, a misread of coverage, everything is the end of the world here when it comes to JA. I think the philosophy that Nagy and the Bears have with Trubisky is similar to what our staff is doing right now with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yes, now is the time to work out kinks and to try new wrinkles. However, in the same respect if you arent connecting on these situations in practice, what makes me think you can just dial it up in a game and it will go smoothly.

Again, I understand the premise of working on weaknesses, adding new things, giving different looks, but there also has to be some level execution.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully this year this silly cycle is stopped. 

Late spring its "cant wait until camp is here" bc the topics are just getting stale and terrible. 

In camp its 'cant wait until real bullets fly' bc everyone gets too worked up about practice. Then during the season people seem to look forward to the draft bc the season hasnt been kind.

Rinse and repeat. 

But seriously,  people cant get ttttoooo worked up about errors and if they do - well then id hate to see them with a real problem. Its funny how no one used to even know how they looked during camp so there wasnt anything to panic about. Even still its funny to see the different narratives that observers have. 2 people watched the same thing but had different takeaways.  Maybe thats an agenda thing, but still - its gotta limit how worked up one can get, no?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Go on YouTube and find the clip where Michael Jordan talks about practice.  Then you will understand what separates the legendary from the great and the great from the good.